Mark Rez 7" Set Sales - The Chants/azie Mortimer/fj Jones/johnnie Morisette

PM or email me on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk and soundfiles / scans available upon request and I'll post any scans / files people wanna see/hear inside the post so everybody can see em - ok? Chq or Paypal best pls. Ta, MRez

The Delights Orchestra 'King Of The Horse' / 'Do Your Thing' (Atco / USA / 1960s / Ex+) *£10*

( Lovely copy of this wonderful instrumental double-sider - outta Philly in the late-60s at a guess? Seriously good Club Funk/Mod sounds from the pens of Baker-Harris-Young - seen @ £25 on another sales list only last week... )

Black Heat / 'Street Of Tears' / 'Chip's Funk' (Atlantic / USA / 1972 / Ex+) *£15*

( Such a tough 7" to find - THE two best sides from their ever-indemand LP - topside is killer "Deep" Funk known and loved by one and all while the flip is superb and underrated "Deep" Soul - ya gotta love it - I didn't even know these cuts had been issued on a 7" till I got this copy in...!! )

Azie Mortimer 'Tellin A Lie' / 'Haunted' (Bloomie / USA / 1960s / Ex+) *£50*

( Rare one on Azie - definitely his toughest apart from his Big Top release? Two wonderful sides - both Northern / Xover - one side uptempo and the other midtempo - beautiful shape and input from 3 Chicago greats - Jeff Perry, Willie Henderson and Carl Davis - exquisite.... )

Gene Chandler 'Such A Pretty Thing' / 'I Fooled You This Time' (Checker / USA / 1960s / Ex+) *£10*

( Marvellous Northern from the Windy City - The "Duke Of Earl" also turns in a killer flip too - equally 'good' - just a different sort of 'good', if you know what I mean... )

The Chants 'I've Been Trying' (Chipping Norton / UK / 1976 / Ex+) *£30*

( Steadily rising demand on this wonderful 2 Stepper from the Real Thing when they were young men....beautiful copy here... )

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings 'Make It Good To Me' / 'Casella Walk' (Daptone / USA / 2001 / M-) *£5*

( Big and bold Deep Funk sides - Sharon's voice sounds SO good....and the inst' is deep too... )

Checkerboard Squares / Connie Clark 'Double Cookin' / 'My Sugar Baby' (Goldmine Sevens / UK / 2000 / M-) *£5*

( Again, Long-deleted, heavily-pressed UK reissue for these 2 massive N Soul oldies...unplayed copy... )

Rick James 'Fool On The Street' (Gordy / USA / 1978 / Ex+) *£10*

( Another one that's going down with me when I go - just so, so good and here we have a rarer issue copy with the cosmic 'Jefferson Ball' flip........pls buy this...!!!

Edwin Starr 'Eavesdropper' / 'Accident' (GTO / UK / 1976 / Ex+) *£5*

( Quality 2 Stepper from Edwin...UK-only release, this was never pressed in the UK - just love it... )

Ray Johnson 'Soul City' / 'Kinda Groovy' (Infinity / USA / 1960s / M-) *£30*

( 2 excellent Latin-tinged instrumentals from Ray and his boys - pure 60s kitsch - reminds me a lot of some of the stuff Booker T and the MGs were churning out at around the same time - then again - I guess most instrumentals at this time were based in some way around the 'Green Onions' lick, eh? I KNOW this is a rare one... )

The Satisfactions 'Turn Back The Tears' (Lionel / USA / 1970s / M-) *£10*

( Gorgeous, floaty, infectious 70s soul / Xover mid-pacer which just sounds SO good again right now - a joy to be able to offer it... )

Alfie Davison 'Love Is Serious Business' (Philly Groove / UK / 1990s / M-) *£5*

( With the original now pushing £300 - this looks like a bargain, right? One of THE most soulful, 'blue-eyed' tunes ever played on the Northern scene - and a personal fave of mine - flip is also monsterous 'Beware She's Pulling My Strings' by Flashlight... )

The Razor's Edge 'True Patron Of The Arts' / 'Night and Day (Pow! / USA / 1960s / Ex) *£10*

( Unusual white demo copy of this cool NS double-sider - I believe these guys are white but they make a joyful noise across these 2 sides - bit of wear and tear here and there but nuttin' major and plays well above grade - lovely stuff...my first-ever copy...shades of 'Wade In The Water' in the melody on the topside... )

F.J. Jones 'Put It On The Line Girl' / 'Dirty Man - Dirty Ole Man' (Philospectrum / USA / 1971 / M-) *£40*

( Rare one....killer Xover on topside and sleazy Funk on flip - my first ever copy and it's a promo - loving this...looks unplayed to me? )

The Main Ingredient 'Magic Shoes ' (RCA / USA / 1972 / M-) *£5*

( Again - love this - strange record cos it's definitely 'Soul' but also has a large dash of West Coast 'Sunshine Pop' thrown into the mix for good measure - I defy you not to have a smile on your face when listening to this....again - a serious recommendation if ya don't know this... )

Johnnie Morrisette 'Meet Me At The Twistin' Place' (SAR / USA / 1960s / M-) *£5*

( Early 60s effort from the 'I'm Hungry' man - lively R&B version of the Sam Cooke cut...unplayed copy... )

Deon Jackson 'I'll Always Love You' (Shout / USA / 1972 / M-) *£30*

( Beautiful (unp***ed) copy of this exquisite Xover 45 from DJ - up there with his best / rarest...seen @ £60 / £75 many times.... )

Jesse James 'I Need You Baby' / 'Home At Last' (Zea / USA / 1970s / Ex) *£12*

( Beautiful vocals here - stunning performance from JJ here on these exceptional tunes - slow, deep, black and moody............sounds like an LP title...few marks - plays good - white demo copy... )

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!