Quantum Of Soul At Oxcroft 17Th April 2010

Yet another magical night out in the country! Our residents- Chris C, Neil P and I would like thank to everyone who attended and experienced yet another eclectic evening of underplayed sounds across the decks.

As you all may know by now, we at Oxcroft operate an "open decks" policy. That is to say we encourage our guest DJs to enjoy themselves by taking off the 'musical shackles' that other venues seem to impose on them, and most of all, enjoy themselves!

This resulted in one of the best hours entertainment (in our opinion) by ANY DJ that has appeared at Oxcroft in the past (and we have had some great guest spots from some great spinners here so far). We are talking proudly about our guest for the night KEV SMEDLEY, who played an absolute stormer. Your playlist was a pleasant and refreshing surprise, Kev. We loved it! Thanks again.

Anyway, next month sees the return of The Vault of Soul Sheffield's very own MARK ETHERIDGE. Can't wait!

Edited by Stuart Bower
  • Replies 1
  • Views 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Cathryn Bower

Yet another magical night out in the country! Our residents- Chris C, Neil P and I would like thank to everyone who attended and experienced yet another eclectic evening of underplayed sounds across the decks.

As you all may know by now, we at Oxcroft operate an "open decks" policy. That is to say we encourage our guest DJs to enjoy themselves by taking off the 'musical shackles' that other venues seem to impose on them, and most of all, enjoy themselves!

This resulted in one of the best hours entertainment (in our opinion) by ANY DJ that has appeared at Oxcroft in the past (and we have had some great guest spots from some great spinners here so far). We are talking proudly about our guest for the night KEV SMEDLEY, who played an absolute stormer. Your playlist was a pleasant and refreshing surprise, Kev. We loved it! Thanks again.

Anyway, next month sees the return of The Vault of Soul Sheffield's very own MARK ETHERIDGE. Can't wait!

I really enjoyed the night. As you said, you can't beat an open deck policy, something for everyone. All dj's were outstanding and I had lots of dances. Thank you to guest dj Kev Smedley for playing one of my big favourites, The Ultimates - Girl I've Been Trying To Tell You. Can't wait for next month either! :thumbsup:

Source Advert