Stamford (Lincs)

Guest Northern PhanTom

Guest Northern PhanTom

Pity a couple of the advertised DJ's couldn't make it, ohmy.gifohmy.gif but it gave the rest of the lads a chance to spin tunes, perhaps they would not normally, get the opportunity to play. smile.gif

With a bit more local support and some guest DJ's this could be a winner. wink.gif

Still having said that, was with excellent company, and a good spell on the dance floor to some tunes not heard in a long while, overall made this an enjoyable night out. thumbsup.gif

Tom hatsoff2.gif

Edited by Northern PhanTom
  • Replies 4
  • Views 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pity a couple of the advertised DJ's couldn't make it, ohmy.gifohmy.gif but it gave the rest of the lads a chance to spin tunes, perhaps they would not normally, get the opportunity to play. smile.gif

With a bit more local support and some guest DJ's this could be a winner. wink.gif

Still having said that, was with excellent company, and a good spell on the dance floor to some tunes not heard in a long while, overall made this an enjoyable night out. thumbsup.gif

Tom hatsoff2.gif

Thanks Tom

was a lttle disjointed DJ wise but enjoyable all the same.

I myself normally play a more of a 70`s spot around 10.00 - 11.00 ish but ended up playing mainly classic "northern" tunes and an opening hour also. Big thank you to Martin Stanford for turning out at short notice to fill in.

Must have been the date change from the normal 3rd Friday its been for years whistling.gif

Steve

Thanks Tom

was a lttle disjointed DJ wise but enjoyable all the same.

I myself normally play a more of a 70`s spot around 10.00 - 11.00 ish but ended up playing mainly classic "northern" tunes and an opening hour also. Big thank you to Martin Stanford for turning out at short notice to fill in.

Must have been the date change from the normal 3rd Friday its been for years whistling.gif

Steve

It was a pleasure to play to a fairly small, but perfectly formed, crowd which was, nonetheless, up for a good time and it certainly seemed that all enjoyed their evening with us. On Bank Holiday weekends, I'm certain that folk prioritise their events as there are so many on, this weekend proving the point conclusively. I'm sure the next event at the Newage Club will receive the attendance it deserves.

MS

Tom hatsoff2.gif

What?

Two DJ's didn't show? Typical for Lincs/Cambs! Name them!

Was this at the Newage club?

That venue needs an upgrade if you are going to charge £5 for a night of oldies tbh.

Guest smudgesmith

What?

Two DJ's didn't show? Typical for Lincs/Cambs! Name them!

Was this at the Newage club?

That venue needs an upgrade if you are going to charge £5 for a night of oldies tbh.

Well Mr Wooley ,one of those DJ.s was me.Sometimes personal things take priority over playing with little bits of plastic.

I dont think the fact that myself and "one other" not being there had any effect on numbers.

Source Advert