Sugar Beet Club Oldies Night - Spalding Lincs

End of an era Northern Soul Oldies nights at the Sugar Beet club, West Marsh Rd, Spalding, Lincs. PE11 2BB.

The club is closing later this year to be knocked down for the power station to be expanded so we are running 2 oldies nights there to see it off in good style !!

The 1st night is Friday 4th June 2010

7.30pm till 12

£4 on the door - 100% Northern Soul Oldies & Tamla Motown.

great venue - wooden floor - cheap bar prices - plenty of parking on site

DJ's - Terry Roberts - Ray Mahoney - Jez Wensor & Ian Seaman.

The next one is Fri 20th Aug

Would be nice to see the old place off in style !!

Ian.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Ian, Jez & Terry,

Glad you managed to secure a couple of nights before the bulldozers get stuck in!!

Great venue and brilliant wooden dance floor - shame its going.

Its one of those great 'traditional' Northern Soul style venues - raised stage one end, bar at the other and (comfy) seating either side of a great wooden dance floor. Only thing its 'missing' is "water" all over the gents toilet floor!

I am sure those that have been to this venue over the years will be sorry to hear that its going. As a regular supporter over the years to this event it was a pleasure to be asked to play a few tunes on one of the two final nights.

This event has also raised funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind and I think the Air Ambulance as well over the years - so well done for that.

Well worth checking out.

Expect some Quality Oldies - and some memories from some of the tunes played here over the years.

Thanks for inviting me over.

Ray Mahoney

ps/ will Mr Parkin be on the door taking the money? - wont be the same without him!

Hi Ray,

I am bringing a bucket of old smelly piss to throw over the gents floor mate laugh.giflaugh.gif

Oh i did forget to say that this one is raising funds for "the guide Dogs for the Blind" too.

Don't think Mr P will be on the door, why do you think we asked you to come over mate ?? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ian.

Hi Ray,

I am bringing a bucket of old smelly piss to throw over the gents floor mate :laugh::laugh:

Oh i did forget to say that this one is raising funds for "the guide Dogs for the Blind" too.

Don't think Mr P will be on the door, why do you think we asked you to come over mate ?? :D:D

Ian.

I thought it was water!!

getting loads of enquiries about this night now & to confirm that this is the 1st night, the 2nd night is on Fri 20th August 2010 and as of now that is also the last ever night there but we are trying to get the dates it will close to see if we can squeeze anymore dates in !!

Ian.

Hi Ian, I am pretty sure there will be a good many more than just you and I :thumbsup:

Just spent an hour having a look through my collection to pick out a few gems to bring along on Friday.

Quality Oldies from me for this one along with a few memories from the Club over the years.

Ray

Just to confirm to folk that the Sugar Beet club is by the rather large power station you can see for miles anywhere near Spalding, if you find your way to the A16 and the roundabout near the power station, turn in there and go left onto West Marsh rd after a few 100 yds, the club is set back from the road slightly on your right hand side and has a small entrance to the car park, it does have lots of trees around it.

If you come through the town then down West Marsh Rd past Fowler Welsh & Salvesens/Dentrassangles then the club is on your left !!thumbsup.gif

Ian.

Source Advert