10 Highly Recommended Cheapies

Been a while since I've had the time to do a 'recommended cheapies' list, only managed to list 10 this time round but they're all superb dancers that won't break the bank. In fact I'm feeling confident that these will go to new homes very quickly!

Price includes postage worldwide.

Money back if you're not happy with any purchase.

Payment by paypal only please, prompt payment always appreciated :boxing:

Etta James - Tighten Up Your Own Thing - Cadet

Outstanding! Hard, driving, up-tempo funk fuelled northern dancer that comes pounding out the speakers and smacks you right between the eyes! You might have guessed but I sort of like this lol!

M-

£20

[rx]19358[/rx]

Joe Simon - Long Hot Summer - Sound Stage 7

Finally getting the plays this stormer deserves, perfect dancer and an ever present on every 'Top Cheapies' thread posted.

VG+ has jukebox swirls on vinyl and looks a little worse for wear but plays great

£12

[rx]42236[/rx]

James Carr - Coming Back To Me Baby - Goldwax

Rarer yellow/white label. Yet another beauty from the Carr/Goldwax pairing, this time Carr unleashes that unmistakable vocal on a perfect up-tempo northern dancer.

M-

£12

[rx]62694[/rx]

Lionel Robinson - Warning - Knight

Warning, if you don't want to spend any money then don't listen to this slice of crossover perfection because one listen and you'll want it!

M-

£15

[rx]66065[/rx]

June Conquest - What's This I See/No One Else - Conquest

Two outstanding sides, one cheap record..

EX price sticker on label.

£12

[rx]44664[/rx]

[rx]62854[/rx]

Fantastic Four - Pin Point It Down/I Feel Like I'm Falling In Love Again - Soul

Unbelievable that this doesn't get played out much, both sides kick the crap out of £100+ records. Come on DJs, it's not price or rarity that matters it should only ever be about quality and believe me this is quality!

VG+ close to EX but few surface marks mean I've downgraded it, both sides play great.

£15

[rx]50835[/rx]

[rx]22586[/rx]

Geater Davis - Wrapped Up In You - House Of Orange

Jesus what a voice! Got to be putting sand in his coffee and smoking 40 a day to get a vocal like that, add in a bit of hammond and plenty of bass and the end result is one stunning piece of northern soul!

EX

£5

[rx]41193[/rx]

George E Smith - Don't Find Me Guilty - Conclave

Mid-tempo brilliance, right up there with the best. Has to be heard to believe quite how good the production and vocal performance are.

EX+

£15

[rx]67667[/rx]

Ella Washington - Bye, Bye Baby - Atlantic

An old Stafford biggie that sounds perfect for reactivation, fitting right into the flightly funky sound that's currently so popular.

EX+

£25

[rx]19282[/rx]

General Crook - What Time It Is - Down To Earth

I've had a few copies of this for ages and never paid it any attention, until a chat on the phone with Dave Abbott....we were talking the usual rubbish and swapping record tips etc when Dave mentioned he was currently loving a General Crook track called 'What Time It Is'. Great ear for a tune has Dave so I quickly dug one out and gave it a spin, he was right it's superb!! Funky dancer which chugs along at a perfect dance pace and builds nicely throughout, it's now a constant play in my house...cheers Dave mate!

M-

£10

[rx]70835[/rx]

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!