Granite City Soul Club - Aberdeen

Guest AudraT

Guest AudraT

It's taken me a week to post something up here, I thought that someone else may have posted something and I was waiting to respond, but haven't seen anything as yet.

I was visiting my parents in my hometown of Aberdeen last week, and reading the local newspaper I saw this night advertised. After a very large meal, I managed to persuade

my friends to come along with me (it didn't take much persuading). The last time I went to this night was in 2003, so I was delighted to be able to get back there after such a long

time.

It can sometimes be a little awkward going along to a night where you don't really know anyone, and my friends are not Northern Soul fans (although we did all go to St. Kay's when

we were 13), however we need not have worried. After about 20 minutes we got chatting to some of the regulars there - a really friendly bunch. The music was great, I can't remember

what was played, although I do remember hearing Betty Lloyd 'I'm Catching On', which I love.

We only planned on staying an hour (we got there about 11pm), however we were disappointed when the lights came on at 1am. What else can I say - you can't beat a Northern Soul

night in Scotland. Maybe the next time I won't leave it to chance, I'll book a visit to my parents to co-incide with this night. Thanks to the many people we chatted to on the night, and

hope to see a lot more people there the next time I'm 'back home'.

Audra

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Source Advert