Mike

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Didn't realise this was an old record , thought Cameo was the first - Nice one Mike !

Cheers

Swifty :yes:

nah not me John Benson one to thanks

there's a other better known (to me) earlier version by 3 degress up there as well

mike

posted with test account as was testing something :D:yes:

Social source share

This is a magnificent cover of the Lou Johnson original.......

Ian D :yes:

Allmost as good as this version.

kathy kirby - reach out for me -

biggrin.gif

Social source share

Had this 45 given to me by a good friend yesterday. What a lovely version this is.

Have to agree - a very worthwhile version from the wee Scottish lass with a big voice..

Got this on a Decca EP.. 'Hits Vol.2' as a gift for my wife, as she is a big fan of class female tunes - Patti Austin tracks being some of her faves - she couldn't believe, upon hearing it, that it was actually Lulu !!

Nice one :yes:

Social source share

Had this 45 given to me by a good friend yesterday. What a lovely version this is.

Lookut for "try to understand" by her,same as Little Hank :D only actualy better

Social source share

Guest pharoahsoulero

ditto, the song fits this style a lot better too,i must be the only geezer who didnt realise until lately that the pretenders i wanna be is actually an old manhattans number, both monsters on the beach scene

Didn't realise this was an old record , thought Cameo was the first - Nice one Mike !

Cheers

Swifty :yes:

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Cheers

Swifty :)

The Tymes and Three Degrees are both ace but Casper Peters' version of, "Find My Way" on Enterprise is absolutely awesome. Unfortunately I don't have the means of posting up a sound clip but it looks like this:.

memo0116.jpg

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Fairly recent acquisition of mine is Major Wiley's version of One more heartache on Verve Forecast, basically a storming uptempo version of Marvin Gaye and without being too sacrilegious think its a refreshingly very different (and superior?) take. Sorry but no refosoul clip and cant upload mine, can anybody else?

This must've surely been played out in the days of 100mph soul? But can't find much on this after a good google....

Mark

Edited by mark w.
Social source share

Surprising cover versions both heard at 100 club in May - first was a cover of "There's No Love Left " ( TMG 555 b side) which sounded great to these ears but was a floor emptier - anyone know whose version it is? It sounded early 70's and struck me as an obscure number to cover. Second was a cover of " Gimme Shelter " - a floor filler but again I have no idea of the artist.

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Second was a cover of " Gimme Shelter " - a floor filler but again I have no idea of the artist.

That's got to be Merry Clayton hasn't it? US Ode / UK A&M.. Briliiant record. She was the female vocalist on the almost peerless original version, too,

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert