Anglo American Auction Items For August

Quinvy

top_01.jpgtop_02.jpgtop_03.jpgtop_04.jpgtop_05.jpgtop_06.jpg

General Home Contact Info How to Pay Email Us Vinyl Portfolio Auctions Soul Catalogue - Northern Soul

- Funk

- 12" Singles

- R & B / Blues Rarities Catalogue - Northern Soul

- 60's

- 70's / 80's

- Crossover/Modern Dancers

- Funk

- Motown

- R & B

Northern Soul Re-Issues Album Catalogue Search Engine Misc Tim Brown Talks Essential Northern Soul Price Guide Links Pop Catalogue

Please note all records are 7" vinyl unless statedPlease note reservations against orders will only be held for 14 days NORTHERN RARITIES AUCTION...

Welcome to our new auction site for the rarest Northern Soul Originals. We will auction only the rare, scarce and unseen 45's. not for us the auctioning of relatively common discs In order to screw the last penny out of a price. Nor do we want to be bothered with logging-in, bid-upping, automated deadline extensions and other paraphernalia designed for the benefit of the dealer. It's a simple system - send us a written bid via e-mail, fax or letter by the deadline shown and if you are the winner we will contact you back. For reasons of honourability full name should be supplied. Strictly NO verbal bids please. All bids are subject to additional postal costs and are binding.

We will endeavour to have a monthly change of titles and it goes without saying that we will auction your rare records for you at a commission rate.

Please note: All auctions end at 2:00pm GMT on the specified date.

Aug-A - Electric Express Hear Say Key-Vac 2930Aug-A.jpgNot too many records have the vocal as the b-side! A big mistake from the label as this is just soulful brilliance. Slap bang in the middle of both Northern and Modern with huge appeal to both factions

Start Date: 01/08/2010

End Date: 27/08/2010

Min Bid: £400

Current Bid: -

Listen to MP3

Condition: M-

Email us with your bid

Aug-B - Dena Barnes If You Ever Walk Out Of My Life Inferno 2002Aug-B.jpgRarer red label issue copy and quite splendid condition too which must make it a little unusual these days

Min Bid: £650

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-C - Eddie Billups Ask My Heart Peachtree 104Aug-C.jpgOne of the acknowledged crossover rarities. We haven't had a copy of this one for ten years

Min Bid: £1200

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-D - Belita Woods Magic Corner Karen 106 WDAug-D.jpgLook again! Not the MOIRA label but KAREN, has to be super, super rare. Clearly promo only, it has a Moira number - and 'Grounded' on the flipside as well

Min Bid: £350

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-E - J T Parker If You Want To Hold On Academy 116Aug-E.jpgWe've been short of a monster R&B dancefloor filler for a few years now. Well here is a candidate, and arguably the best of the lot. Only one problem this is a really rare record. Think Honey & The Bees on the same label and see what I mean

Min Bid: £700

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-F - Cornelius Dwyer Steppin' Too Fast 20th Century 635 DAug-F.jpgGreat sixties dancer, a handful turned up about 12 years ago. Soon snapped up and then...no more. A scarce major label item I would say.

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-G - Passionetts I'm Not In Love With You Anymore Soulburst 501Aug-G.jpgA very tough strident girl group dancer thought to be previously unissued by many when it appeared on a reissue a few years ago. Here's the rare original label

Min Bid: £500

Listen to MP3

Condition: VG++

Email us with your bid

Aug-H - Benny Harper My Prayer Harper Soul 810Aug-H.jpgOne day this will go big and then some. Check out the soundbite on this soaring piece of soul excellence

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-I - Eddy Hughes Soul Searcher Bard 1014Aug-I.jpgTwo versions of the song on this label. Far, far superior to Don Hysong's take on it. This is the one to have

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-J - Dolly Gilmore Sweet Sweet Baby Dove 109Aug-J.jpgCouldn't call this a crossover record, it's a bit too lively a dancer. Actually it's perfect for today's scene and a bloody hard-as-hell 45 to locate

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-K - Jimmy Elledge Sad Town Soundtown 73168 WDAug-K.jpgI'm surprised this one has never really gone anywhere because it has all it takes to make it. Always been a much rarer 45 than the price it fetches to be honest, maybe that's the reason?

Min Bid: £300

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-L - Kavetts I've Got A Story To Tell You Lendite 101Aug-L.jpgWhen I had time for deejaying I often included this one in my set and it went down a storm everytime. Again, it's one you don't see much but I would highly recommend it

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-N - The Fantasions G.I. Joe We Love You Thomas 308Aug-N.jpgJust a handful of these knocking around the world I would say. Popcorn Wylie (who wrote it) told me that Barbara Acklin was the lead singer. You won't see this on offer too often

Min Bid: £600

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-O - Underground Euphoria feat Keisa Brown What Can I Do Unity 12Aug-O.jpgFantastic deep funk record has to be just as rare as Candi Staton's Northern epic on the self same label

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-P - Gene Toones What More Do You Want Simco 30000 WDAug-P.jpgA supreme example of uptown soul that eventually became something of a Northern Soul classic

Min Bid: £800

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-Q - Jackey Beavers I Need My Baby Revilot 208Aug-Q.jpgA very strong VG++, must be impossible in stone mint these days. Backed with 'Love That Never Grows Old' of course, making it one of the greatest double siders ever

Min Bid: £1500

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-R - Carmelita Isn't It Lonely Carmen 1001Aug-R.jpgTruly superb midtempo seventies floater. Excellent soul

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-S - Bad Weather Inc I Never Never Knew Bad Weather Aug-S.jpgFirst time on our list for this excellent and insistent mover that appeals to both Northern and Modern crowds

Min Bid: £450

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Aug-T - Sandi Sheldon You're Gonna Make Me Love You Okeh 7277Aug-T.jpgVery, very rare, LARGE 45 genuine first issue, a check on ebay revealed that it had never been listed whilst I can find evidence of at least a dozen promos being offered for sale

Min Bid: £700

Listen to MP3

Email us with your bid

Site design © Ic0n Digital Media 2000 - 2003

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 801
  • Created