Soul At The Stute Asfordby Hill

Mickjay33

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT STUTE.

WE HAVE THE LEGENDARY SOUL SAM & JIM KENNY GUEST DJING

STEVE'S BACK TO HIS OLD SELF AFTER HIS OP. HE'S GOT SOME GREAT NEW TUNES AS WELL

JOHN'S GOING TO SPIN A FEW CLASSICS AS WELL

ROB AND SPANNER ARE NOT WITH US THIS MONTH

DUE TO WEDDING DO'S(NEVER MIND) WE WILL KEEP THE PARTY GOING

HOPING FOR ANOTHER GREAT NITE SEE U ALL ON THE 18 SEPT 7.30 - 1.30

KTF MICK JAY

Edited by mickjay33
  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hey up Mick, we will see you at the ATRIUM next week, was good to hear the (TOPS im grateful) at Cotgrave, what vocals from the main man, you will have to get this in your collection mate, can't wait till the stute, good solid soul music and genuine people, you will be missed Rob you played a blinder at the last stute do. KTF

Andy + Bez

Hey up Mick, we will see you at the ATRIUM next week, was good to hear the (TOPS im grateful) at Cotgrave, what vocals from the main man, you will have to get this in your collection mate, can't wait till the stute, good solid soul music and genuine people, you will be missed Rob you played a blinder at the last stute do. KTF

Andy + Bez

got the tops in my box ready, got a couple more motown tracks to play that dont get played as well see u saturday

ktf mick jay

Guest SteveJohnston

got the tops in my box ready, got a couple more motown tracks to play that dont get played as well see u saturday

ktf mick jay

Come on Lads keep up (re the TOPS) i played this at the Stute July :thumbsup:

With Jim & Sam guesting along with John, Mick this will be a quality night of soul music so i'll be playing the warm up set then a beer or two and may even manage a trip on the dance floor!

Steve J

Come on Lads keep up (re the TOPS) i played this at the Stute July :yes:

With Jim & Sam guesting along with John, Mick this will be a quality night of soul music so i'll be playing the warm up set then a beer or two and may even manage a trip on the dance floor!

Steve J

will be good to see you back on the floor steve, hope you've recovered thumbsup.gif missed the TOPS in July must have fell asleephatsoff2.gifor the mrs yapping in my ear

Guest SteveJohnston

So looking ahead to this :excl: & can't wait to play the three records from the fantastic Boddie box "never let her go" thought to be Don Gregory & the Montclairs :lol: unknown artist on "girl across the street" a very nice dance track indeed & last but not least a sublime rendition of jackie Ross' "selfish one" this i feel is the pick of the three and IMO will sound fantastic up loud in any venue! all a real treat for any 60's soul fan :lol: so if your intrested get there for 8.00ish i or before you can :thumbsup:

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston

So looking ahead to this :hatsoff2: & can't wait to play the three records from the fantastic Boddie box "never let her go" thought to be Don Gregory & the Montclairs :hatsoff2: unknown artist on "girl across the street" a very nice dance track indeed & last but not least a sublime rendition of jackie Ross' "selfish one" this i feel is the pick of the three and IMO will sound fantastic up load in any venue! all a real treat for any 60's soul fan :D so if your intrested get there for 8.00ish i or before you can :lol:

Steve J

looking forward to hearing them steve

So looking ahead to this :D & can't wait to play the three records from the fantastic Boddie box "never let her go" thought to be Don Gregory & the Montclairs :thumbup: unknown artist on "girl across the street" a very nice dance track indeed & last but not least a sublime rendition of jackie Ross' "selfish one" this i feel is the pick of the three and IMO will sound fantastic up loud in any venue! all a real treat for any 60's soul fan :thumbsup: so if your intrested get there for 8.00ish i or before you can :yes:

Steve J

looking forward to your tunes saturday nite. i think you should do an extra half hour just to make sure you get to play them all

mick jay

So looking ahead to this yes.gif & can't wait to play the three records from the fantastic Boddie box "never let her go" thought to be Don Gregory & the Montclairs g.gif unknown artist on "girl across the street" a very nice dance track indeed & last but not least a sublime rendition of jackie Ross' "selfish one" this i feel is the pick of the three and IMO will sound fantastic up loud in any venue! all a real treat for any 60's soul fan :rolleyes: so if your intrested get there for 8.00ish i or before you can :lol:

Steve J

Jackie ross selfish one has deffo got a motown sound to it, what do you think steve

Guest SteveJohnston

Jackie ross selfish one has deffo got a motown sound to it, what do you think steve

Hi Andy

I know what your saying about Jackie Ross sounding like a Motown track, this Boddie recording is the same be it a very early one, according to the notes in the box Boddie pressing plant started up in 65, I honestly think this is an earlier recording it even sounds like it was done before Jackie in 64! It certainly has that recorded in the kitchen sound to it, sparse production to say the least & that characteristic is exactly the big pull for me! Just love this kind of record it oozes soul from every millimetre of the grooves. Your in for a treat Saturday Andy if you manager to listen without interuption mate :)

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston

Hi Andy

I know what your saying about Jackie Ross sounding like a Motown track, this Boddie recording is the same be it a very early one, according to the notes in the box Boddie pressing plant started up in 65, I honestly think this is an earlier recording it even sounds like it was done before Jackie in 64! It certainly has that recorded in the kitchen sound to it, sparse production to say the least & that characteristic is exactly the big pull for me! Just love this kind of record it oozes soul from every millimetre of the grooves. Your in for a treat Saturday Andy if you manager to listen without interuption mate :ohmy:

Steve J

I always keep the old dutch on my deaf ear Stevethumbsup.gif so I can listen to the music, really looking forward to this one hatsoff2.gif

just bought 'the fabulous denos' - 'bad girl', i'll save it for october, any ideas of the times of the line up guys?, got to nip on a works leaving do for an hour or so, just wondering who i'm gonna be missing.

just bought 'the fabulous denos' - 'bad girl', i'll save it for october, any ideas of the times of the line up guys?, got to nip on a works leaving do for an hour or so, just wondering who i'm gonna be missing.

dj line up

7.30 - 9.00 STEVE J

9.00 - 10.00 JOHN MANSHIP rare soulman

10.00 -11.00 guest dj JIM KENNY Huddersfield

11.00 - 11.30 MICK JAY

11-30 - 12-30 guest dj SOUL SAM

12.30 - 1.30 MICK JAY

NOT A BAD LINE UP ALL FOR £2.50

Edited by mickjay33
Guest SteveJohnston

as above Paul :) see you later on mate :) do you need a lift home about 2.00 ish

Edited by SteveJohnston
Guest SteveJohnston

2 more sleeps folks then a cracking night of music yessssssssssssssssssssssss:yes:

Spanner I've never attended a wedding were it's been a cracking night of music! Don't tell me that Dicky is booked to DJ or are you talking about 12.00 till 1.30 at the Stute after the you finished dancing to the birdie song, ups upside your head & singing about bloody klingons on the starboard side ...:D

Anyway back to the Stute I'll pick the float up tonight mate :hatsoff2: i'll have a pint of bitter ready for you about 12.01 so dont be late :yes:

Steve

Spanner I've never attended a wedding were it's been a cracking night of music! Don't tell me that Dicky is booked to DJ or are you talking about 12.00 till 1.30 at the Stute after the you finished dancing to the birdie song, ups upside your head & singing about bloody klingons on the starboard side ...:D

Anyway back to the Stute I'll pick the float up tonight mate :thumbsup: i'll have a pint of bitter ready for you about 12.01 so dont be late :D

Steve

ill think spanner going to need more than 1 pint after dancing to the birdie song alnight

Edited by mickjay33

Anyway back to the Stute I'll pick the float up tonight mate :thumbsup: i'll have a pint of bitter ready for you about 12.01 so dont be late :D

Steve

now thats humour for you

Steve

oka- koki m8 in out shake it all about:)

Steve

like it laugh.gif

won't be the same without abit of Matt Monroe

Shirley Wood gulped down her breakfast

Shut the fridge and joined the throng

Margaret Beatty snatched the milk in

Scanned the news and went along

Annie Harris drew the curtains

Screwed her eyes up, had a peek

Saw the marchers, heard their voices

Making early morning noises

Stumbled back to bed and tried to sleep

Come with us, run with us

We're gonna change the world

You'll be amazed, so full of praise

When we've rearranged your world

We're gonna change your world

Shuffling through the cold black morning

Went the marchers, spirits low

Grunting greetings, grimly pressing

Onto where they had to go

When the sun came up, they brightened

Stopped to have their Thermos brew

Annie Harris got up gladly

Pondered for a little, sadly

Then got on with what she had to do

So, come with us, run with us

At their target, numbers swollen

'Up the marches', banners go

Chanting, shouting out with leaflets

Protest for everyone to know

Sit in front of all the traffic

Harried, busy shopping wives

Try to stir their ostritch notions

Whip them up to wild emotions

Put some fire into their wretched lives

Shirley Wood was dragged still sitting

By a policeman from the road

Margaret Beatty had her face slapped

By a man she tried to goad

Annie Harris in the office

Paused in typing, thought of Don

Glanced again at his last letter

Died for others to live better

Brushed away a tear and carried on Come with us, run with us

We're gonna change..

We're gonna change..

won't be the same without abit of Matt Monroe

Shirley Wood gulped down her breakfast

Shut the fridge and joined the throng

Margaret Beatty snatched the milk in

Scanned the news and went along

Annie Harris drew the curtains

Screwed her eyes up, had a peek

Saw the marchers, heard their voices

Making early morning noises

Stumbled back to bed and tried to sleep

Shuffling through the cold black morning

Went the marchers, spirits low

Grunting greetings, grimly pressing

Onto where they had to go

When the sun came up, they brightened

Stopped to have their Thermos brew

Annie Harris got up gladly

Pondered for a little, sadly

Then got on with what she had to do

At their target, numbers swollen

'Up the marches', banners go

Chanting, shouting out with leaflets

Protest for everyone to know

Sit in front of all the traffic

Harried, busy shopping wives

Try to stir their ostritch notions

Whip them up to wild emotions

Put some fire into their wretched lives

Shirley Wood was dragged still sitting

By a policeman from the road

Margaret Beatty had her face slapped

By a man she tried to goad

Annie Harris in the office

Paused in typing, thought of Don

Glanced again at his last letter

Died for others to live better

Brushed away a tear and carried on Come with us, run with us

We're gonna change..

We're gonna change..

you could always sing it for us Paul laugh.gif while we dance to it

Guest SteveJohnston

:lol: just back from watching soul boy film [ only a film ] enjoyed it tho

Good on ya Spanner :yes: a lot on SS had condemed it before it was made :D

Edited by SteveJohnston
Guest SteveJohnston

Have a great night guys, sounds like its gonna be a good un', sorry I can't be there DJing elsewhere, tell Sam to watch out for the light behind the decks:lol: :lol:

Barry

Barry i hope you have a good one also mate :D I know what you mean about the light mate it's had me one or two times :yes: It puts a new slant to a HOT BOX or records Barry!........................... :D

Hope to see ya soon mate.

Steve

Source Advert