Okeh Soul Club Corkey

Guest alexsimms

good afternoon, just got back from keighley from last nights do at the Victoria hall. it was a fantastic night enjoyed by over 250 soulies last night. the venue wasn't due to open until 8:00, when i arrived there to turn everything on and to do sound checks there was allready 20 people queuing up outside at 7:30. i knew that this was going to be a fantastic night. the music went on at 7:45 and people danced from start to finish. great to see people there like dave bacon, top dancer great friend of everyone's, followed by the regulars of okeh soul club.

great djs on the night were ginger Taylor, nige grice. did absolutely blinding spots and kept the floor packed all night. me and the man him self graham slater finished the night off. there were still 150 people in at two oclock wanting more.

We all agreed that this was one of the best nights what we have had here and wish everyone a very happy new year and hope to see you all back on the 12th of march, id like to thank the supporters Gary and sue who put on a fantastic night and cant wait to get back in a couple of months time. kft Alex simms

Edited by alexsimms
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Alex yes the best night for a long, long time and just to put the record straight there were over 350 people in no wonder it was red hot!!!!! All DJs including yourself were in party mood and created the perfect atmosphere for the New Year Okeh Cokey - roll on 2011 tickets already selling!

certantly was a brilliant night. 350! Christ. thought it looked busy, great to see so many people enjoying them selfs, great to hear tickets are allready selling, this year is going to be a good one. looking forward to the okeh weekender too. alex simms

We decided at the last mo to make a trip over here & book into a b & b,having seen a couple advertised on here. We ended up staying at the Rouselyn & are sooooooooo glad we did,what a lovely place,run by such a lovely couple. It was only £25.00 a night & the house was gorgeous. The icy on the cake really was when the owner offered to drive us to the do,he really couldnt do enough for us. If anyone is thinking of going here & staying over,then please try here.

Also had a great time at the do,the bits I can remember before the cider kicked in :lol::D . Great venue & really friendly people :lol: x

Guest DeeJay

good afternoon, just got back from keighley from last nights do at the Victoria hall. it was a fantastic night enjoyed by over 250 soulies last night. the venue wasn't due to open until 8:00, when i arrived there to turn everything on and to do sound checks there was allready 20 people queuing up outside at 7:30. i knew that this was going to be a fantastic night. the music went on at 7:45 and people danced from start to finish. great to see people there like dave bacon, top dancer great friend of everyone's, followed by the regulars of okeh soul club.

great djs on the night were ginger Taylor, nige grice. did absolutely blinding spots and kept the floor packed all night. me and the man him self graham slater finished the night off. there were still 150 people in at two oclock wanting more.

We all agreed that this was one of the best nights what we have had here and wish everyone a very happy new year and hope to see you all back on the 12th of march, id like to thank the supporters Gary and sue who put on a fantastic night and cant wait to get back in a couple of months time. kft Alex simms

Any chance of a track list?:lol:

DJ

Guest soulmanherts

This is my second time Okeh soul club New Years Eve, and got say it was the best yet, long drive from the Sunny south, but well worth it. Big Thanks to Gary & Robin making us very welcome, will try and get up again later in the year Defo next New Years Eve.

Keep up the good work guys

Guest soulmanherts

This is my second time Okeh soul club New Years Eve, and got say it was the best yet, long drive from the Sunny south, but well worth it. Big Thanks to Gary & Robin making us very welcome, will try and get up again later in the year Defo next New Years Eve.

Any chance of a track list?:lol:

DJ

hi there deejay, sorry i cant remember my track list, i did two spots one at the start of the night and one at the end double decking with my good friend graham. there was a very busy dancefloor all night the dj's all played to the dance floor and we all had a great night. sorry about the track lists. i cant remember and i only drink diet coke ha ha. ktf. alex simms

Edited by alexsimms

Thanks to the travellers from the sunny south, must have been a journey and a half. nice to see you there tho. it really did put this year into a really good start, hope you got back okay, ktf

Guest soulmanherts

Thanks to the travellers from the sunny south, must have been a journey and a half. nice to see you there tho. it really did put this year into a really good start, hope you got back okay, ktf

Thanks Alex not problem getting home 3 hours, even got a long walk at Malham Cove and a lovely pub lunch before we set off. Great night again hope to see you sometime in the summer

Source Advert