Edwin Starr - I Just Wanted To Cry

Tommy1

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

MUST ADMIT TOM, I'D NEVER HEARD OF IT UNTIL ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO, WHEN I SAW ONE IN A SALES BOX FOR 30 UKP, JOTTED IT DOWN IN MY LITTLE BOOK TIL I GOT HOME ....AND BINGO, WENT ON GERMAN EBAY AND FOUND TWO COPIES FOR A COUPLE OF EUROS EACH. IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I TURNED UP A THREE MORE FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE....SOLD EM ALL BAR ONE FOR 40 - 50 UKP thumbup.gif STRANGE THO SINCE THEN I'VE DRAWN A BLANK ON IT :ohmy: , STILL I HAD A GOOD RUN WITH IT :thumbsup:

ATB, BRI

Social source share

MUST ADMIT TOM, I'D NEVER HEARD OF IT UNTIL ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO, WHEN I SAW ONE IN A SALES BOX FOR 30 UKP, JOTTED IT DOWN IN MY LITTLE BOOK TIL I GOT HOME ....AND BINGO, WENT ON GERMAN EBAY AND FOUND TWO COPIES FOR A COUPLE OF EUROS EACH. IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I TURNED UP A THREE MORE FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE....SOLD EM ALL BAR ONE FOR 40 - 50 UKP thumbup.gif STRANGE THO SINCE THEN I'VE DRAWN A BLANK ON IT :thumbup: , STILL I HAD A GOOD RUN WITH IT :rolleyes:

ATB, BRI

cel (member on here) gave me a copy about 10 years

at the time it seemed that the german 45 was the only 45 release it got , is that still valid or has it showed up in any other countries 45 wise since?

Social source share

at the time it seemed that the german 45 was the only 45 release it got , is that still valid or has it showed up in any other countries 45 wise since?

No that know of.

Although Monship's description is not 100 clear, it only states no USA or UK:

Fast becoming THE Motown dancer to own and play. Absolutely no USA orUK release for the title as a 45 and it's right on the money Northern Soul. This rare 1970 GERMAN press complete with Picture Sleeve, needs to be secured ASAP, as the demand has no way near peeked.

Social source share

£123 at Manship auction, most expensive German motown?

No, the most expensive German Motown 45 is Temptations "Mein Girl" (aka my Girl) @200/250

MUST ADMIT TOM, I'D NEVER HEARD OF IT UNTIL ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO, WHEN I SAW ONE IN A SALES BOX FOR 30 UKP, JOTTED IT DOWN IN MY LITTLE BOOK TIL I GOT HOME ....AND BINGO, WENT ON GERMAN EBAY AND FOUND TWO COPIES FOR A COUPLE OF EUROS EACH. IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I TURNED UP A THREE MORE FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE....SOLD EM ALL BAR ONE FOR 40 - 50 UKP thumbup.gif STRANGE THO SINCE THEN I'VE DRAWN A BLANK ON IT :thumbup: , STILL I HAD A GOOD RUN WITH IT :rolleyes:

ATB, BRI

Agree with you, rarely turns up these days. I guess many copies that were in circulation are now hoovered up and tucked away in Northern Soul collections.

Yes, german-only 45.

Social source share

No, the most expensive German Motown 45 is Temptations "Mein Girl" (aka my Girl) @200/250

Agree with you, rarely turns up these days. I guess many copies that were in circulation are now hoovered up and tucked away in Northern Soul collections.

Yes, german-only 45.

is it sung in German too???

P :pirate:

Social source share

I play it off War and Peace LP, and at that price, will continue to do so......

Mind I am a tight git :lol:

Tony

My bargain of the year, war and peace LP, 2 x 12 " contact (signed by edwin), stop her on sight tmg 45,and a couple of 12" disco numbers for the bargain price of £2.60,

was bidding just for the LP really and didn't expect to get it so cheap...result or what :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!