Another Ebay Warning, Help

Quinvy

Just following on from reading Derek's ebay warning, I am having a big problem with a record dealer from the states. Now I was once burned before, by a guy in the uk, who had dodgy feedback, so I always check the feedback before bidding on an item, since then.

My problem now is that this guy is a very well known dealer with huge feedback, and all positive. Also, the record in question was listed and didn't make it's reserve. So I contacted him and came to a deal, after the auction ended. No problem, the said 45 duly arrived well packaged, great. On inspecting and playing the record I was less than impressed with his grading, and to be honest no pleasure from litening to it, so poor is the sound quallity. So, I sent the record back the same day, and sent an email explaining why I had sent the record back, and please could I have a refund.

To cut a long story short the guy was not happy. Talked to me like I was a piece of s**t, and how dare I call his grading into question. No way is he going to refund me. So I says I'll put his name up on here, and warne you all. Don't care a stuff said he. I'm a top dealer and you won't affect me one jot.

So now I'm stuck with a knackered record, and I can't even leave him bad feedback. Is there anyway I can get my money back? I would apreciate any advise you could give. I did pay by paypal.

Now this is my main point. The majority of dealers are sound, and get the goods to you no problem. They are all very nice and friendly when you are sending them hundreds of dollars. BUT, if you arn't happy with the goods they suddenly turn very ugly indeed. I've had trouble many times trying to get a refund. So now before I bid I look to see their returns policy. And if they don't do refunds, I don't bid. Oh, you want to know the dodgy dealers name? FRED SHERMAN trades under the name of RED-TOP out of Philadelphia.

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

My advice would be put the record back on ebay, and grade it correctly, naming the guy who sold it to you in the first place, and explain why you are re-selling it. You might not get all your money back, but you'll get some, and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that all the people who looked at the first auction, will also look at yours unsure.gif

Social source share

Just following on from reading Derek's ebay warning, I am having a big problem with a record dealer from the states. Now I was once burned before, by a guy in the uk, who had dodgy feedback, so I always check the feedback before bidding on an item, since then.

My problem now is that this guy is a very well known dealer with huge feedback, and all positive. Also, the record in question was listed and didn't make it's reserve. So I contacted him and came to a deal, after the auction ended. No problem, the said 45 duly arrived well packaged, great. On inspecting and playing the record I was less than impressed with his grading, and to be honest no pleasure from litening to it, so poor is the sound quallity. So, I sent the record back the same day, and sent an email explaining why I had sent the record back, and please could I have a refund.

To cut a long story short the guy was not happy. Talked to me like I was a piece of s**t, and how dare I call his grading into question. No way is he going to refund me. So I says I'll put his name up on here, and warne you all. Don't care a stuff said he. I'm a top dealer and you won't affect me one jot.

So now I'm stuck with a knackered record, and I can't even leave him bad feedback. Is there anyway I can get my money back? I would apreciate any advise you could give. I did pay by paypal.

Now this is my main point. The majority of dealers are sound, and get the goods to you no problem. They are all very nice and friendly when you are sending them hundreds of dollars. BUT, if you arn't happy with the goods they suddenly turn very ugly indeed. I've had trouble many times trying to get a refund. So now before I bid I look to see their returns policy. And if they don't do refunds, I don't bid. Oh, you want to know the dodgy dealers name? FRED SHERMAN trades under the name of RED-TOP out of Philadelphia.

link

I've had a few dealings with this one...like you say everything's ok until you have an issue with him.

The record I received had a scratch in the intro, he said he would have refunded but I didn't respond straight away and I was out of time..........I had e-mailed him as soon as the record arrived, he didn't reply for days after.

Luckily the record was only a few dollars so I let it go.......The more expensive ones I bought from him came but not as quickly as they should have and I always had to send reminder e-mails.

I now avoid his listings......shame really he does have some good stuff

Social source share

I've had a few dealings with this one...like you say everything's ok until you have an issue with him.

The record I received had a scratch in the intro, he said he would have refunded but I didn't respond straight away and I was out of time..........I had e-mailed him as soon as the record arrived, he didn't reply for days after.

Luckily the record was only a few dollars so I let it go.......The more expensive ones I bought from him came but not as quickly as they should have and I always had to send reminder e-mails.

I now avoid his listings......shame really he does have some good stuff

link

Sorry Don't know your name, but you are absolutely right, he has some fantastic stuff, and he knows most of us can't resist. Thats how he can treat us like shit and get away with it.

Phil. unsure.gif

Social source share

My advice would be put the record back on ebay, and grade it correctly, naming the guy who sold it to you in the first place, and explain why you are re-selling it. You might not get all your money back, but you'll get some, and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that all the people who looked at the first auction, will also look at yours  :D

link

Thanks for the advice Dave. unsure.gif

Social source share

It should not matter one bit how many rare records this jerk trades in, personally i'd make a point of shouting from the roof tops and f*** the records, they take the piss and their gradings are totally different to ours, i would question his attitude and challenge his reputation, name and shame spread the word and maybe if your over there on a record trip perhaps look him up and see if he understands the good ole' baseball bat method...well he should it's their national sport ain't it?

You should perhaps tell him it don't matter how rare a record is if it's fucked then it ain't worth a light, so what if he sells big titles! how many more bad condition records has he sold on Ebay???? It makes me laugh to think that most American dealers not all but many of them have little or no interest or appreciation of the records they are selling, it's about the 'buck', still i guess they are trying to make up for all the thousands of records we have had off them for pennies over the years and they are never gonna play catch up on that one are they, very bitter screwed up individuals well some of them are not all.

I totally dispise Ebay and it's methods.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

link

Oh bollocks unsure.gif I'm aiting for a couple from him myself

Social source share

why not contact the other bidders of the record when it didnt reach its reserve and offer it to them , explain the condition and then get what you can for it

i bet if you asked around there would be someone with an old ebay identity , bid up his stuff so he gets large fees but dont go really silly ie millions or the item will just be cancelled

not a good thing to do but at least he will have to shell out for the fees so he wont have the money you sent him

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

yes, you can report matter to paypal as item not as described..

it doesnt matter if it was bought off e-bay or private !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paypal will then send info to seller stating that an issue has been opened against

them...paypal will then hold the amount you paid from the sellers account...

YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND THE RECORD BACK TO SELLER BY AIR-MAIL REGISTED MAIL... which needs a signature on arrivel...then you will have to inform paypal of the TRACKING NUMBER OF THE PARCEL..as proof of postage ...

paypal give you 10 days to do this...

hope this info helps in some way.......

Social source share

yes, you can report matter to paypal as item not as described..

it doesnt matter if it was bought off e-bay or private  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paypal will then send info to seller stating that an issue has been opened against

them...paypal will then hold the amount you paid from the sellers account...

YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND THE RECORD BACK TO SELLER BY AIR-MAIL REGISTED MAIL...  which needs a signature on arrivel...then you will have to inform paypal of the TRACKING NUMBER OF THE PARCEL..as proof of postage ...

paypal give you 10 days to do this...

hope this info helps in some way.......

link

Very interesting, thanks very much. When you say they give you ten days, from when? cos this has been ongoing for quite some time. Phil.

Social source share

never dealt with this bloke!!! and wont be :D youve been given some good advice unsure.gif ive just looked,hes not selling at the moment. if you have no joy off pay-pal i reckon we should all e-mail tw** and tell him what we think. :D

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

when you submit your claim with paypal...they will inform you of actions to take..

they will inform you to return said item....within 10 days you MUST inform paypal of proof of postage ie; TRACKING NUMBER...

then they are in no doubt about item posted...

again hope this info helps ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

when you submit your claim with paypal...they will inform you of actions to take..

they will inform you to return said item....within 10 days you MUST inform paypal of proof of postage  ie; TRACKING NUMBER...

then they are in no doubt about item posted...

again hope this info helps ya  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

I may mistaken here, but I believe you have to submit the claim within 30 days of when the payment was made -- is that not right?

I hope you are able to get some satisifaction.

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

I THINK ITS LONGER THAN THAT... I WAS LEAD TO BELIVE IT COULD BE UPTO 3 MONTHS ????????

ITS DEFO WORTH A GO ANYWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by taylormadesoul
Social source share

I may mistaken here, but I believe you have to submit the claim within 30 days of when the payment was made -- is that not right?

I hope you are able to get some satisifaction.

link

A big thank you to you all, for info and support, I'll keep you informed. unsure.gif

Best Regards,

Phil.

Social source share

I THINK ITS LONGER THAN THAT... I WAS LEAD TO BELIVE IT COULD BE UPTO 3 MONTHS  ????????

ITS DEFO WORTH A GO ANYWAY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

You have 45 days from when you made the payment to file the Paypal complaint. I think they're strict about this too.

If you're out of time, why don't you email the dickhead and tell him you can do this the easy way or the hard way i.e if he won't play ball then you will PM all bidders on his records and tell them about this state of affairs and send them a link to this thread. That should make him sit up and take notice a bit more... whistling.gif

Rich

Social source share

If you're out of time, why don't you email the dickhead and tell him you can do this the easy way or the hard way i.e if he won't play ball then you will PM all bidders on his records and tell them about this state of affairs and send them a link to this thread. That should make him sit up and take notice a bit more... ranting_1.gif

Rich

link

Sorry Rich, but as much as it is a tempting idea, it's not a very good move in the light of the situation. If the seller is vindictive enough, he could use the above as evidence to threaten auction sabotage, which is a suspendable offence on Ebay.

Social source share

Sorry Rich, but as much as it is a tempting idea, it's not a very good move in the light of the situation.  If the seller is vindictive enough, he could use the above as evidence to threaten auction sabotage, which is a suspendable offence on Ebay.

link

Ok, fair enough, but clearly he should be suspended from selling if we're not getting protected. Let's hope he's within the 45 days!!

Rich

Social source share

Agree with the majority of comments on the thread, why oh why should we be bothered about naming someone who sells records with totally unfair grading methods.....it's pure and simple lying....i'd fancy my chances in a courtroom.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Agree with the majority of comments on the thread, why oh why should we be bothered about naming someone who sells records with totally unfair grading methods.....it's pure and simple lying....i'd fancy my chances in a courtroom.

link

I've just been looking on a Message Board from the states, where people trade and collect items.

It looks really popular on there to use your signature to say who you would and would not trade with on the site or on ebay.

eg

'Traders I use are Brett, Steve M, Rachel

Traders I will never use again, in town Mikey'

If they can do that in the USA, the world litigation capital, surely Mike wouldnt get into trouble if people decided to do that on here?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Good man that you are Mike - so what did you to get blacklisted from trading?  :thumbsup:

link

It would make you blush Gene :unsure::lol:

Actually it would make me blush. :wicked:

Social source share

I've just been looking on a Message Board from the states, where people trade and collect items.

It looks really popular on there to use your signature to say who you would and would not trade with on the site or on ebay.

eg

'Traders I use are Brett, Steve M, Rachel

Traders I will never use again, in town Mikey'

If they can do that in the USA, the world litigation capital, surely Mike wouldnt get into trouble if people decided to do that on here?

link

F*** Me....Mikey.....no wonder i am skint living in the North of England....and your wealthy and living in the South of the Albion....if ever i am in serious trouble i will need you as my brief.....(Or is that "My Briefs")... :D

well done mate... :D

Edited by Brett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert