Words Fail Me

Guest garv

I arrived back today from a holiday in Ireland , put the key in the door ..........to be greeted with all the normal stuff you find on the mat , bills, takeaway menu`s , local free rag & a 12" i`d ordered before i left.......................... 12" :thumbsup: , how the f**k did he deliver that.

The postman had bent it in half & posted it through the letter box, i thought he would snap it but its just very badly bent.

How is this possible, i have a normal letter box & he took no notice of the words "fragile" in big red letters stamped on the cardboard sleve. How did the vynil not snap. Anyone else had a similar experience with the postal service & where do i go from here, the record is ruined & its not recorded delivery.

Garv.

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian J

I arrived back today from a holiday in Ireland , put the key in the door ..........to be greeted with all the normal stuff you find on the mat , bills, takeaway menu`s , local free rag & a 12" i`d ordered before i left.......................... 12" :thumbsup: , how the f**k did he deliver that.

The postman had bent it in half & posted it through the letter box, i thought he would snap it but its just very badly bent.

How is this possible, i have a normal letter box & he took no notice of the words "fragile" in big red letters stamped on the cardboard sleve. How did the vynil not snap. Anyone else had a similar experience with the postal service & where do i go from here, the record is ruined & its not recorded delivery.

Garv.

I had a hat delivered from the states..............the UK posty threw it over the side gate.....piss wet thru and bent to f**k. He didn't even leave a card to let me know, not that it would have made a difference, god knows how long it had been there!

Go to your nearest sorting office and ask for a claim form.

Fill it in, and get them to sign it.

Take it away with you and make a copy, along with the receipt, proof of postage etc.if possible. (preferably onto your computer.)

Post the claim form along with a copy of the receipt and any postage info ie: recorded delivery, insurance paid etc. and then prey to the big fellah!!

DON"T give them the record or packaging, they may need their insurance company to look at it.

I've been waitin' nearly 2 months.

Sent the original claim form in, waited 28 days, rang them up and was told there was no record of my claim being logged. Sent the copies thru, waited 7 days, rang them again and guess what??

I've sent 2 emails and had a reply to one, stating still no log of it and.......wait for this....

I need to go back to the sender and get him to confirm it was sent, by chasing up their postmaster general.

Top marks to our postal service......doesn't matter what department - you always find one!

Social source share

Whats probably happened is your postman was probably in a hurry to get back home and did'nt fancy taking the package back to the sorting office which he's supposed to do by law or he cant be arsed to write one of those cards they push through if the package is too big or no one is in.

What i suggest you do is put a claim in at the post office get yourself a huge letterbox so this wont happen again.

Social source share

This is just absolutely typical of the royal mail over here !!!! My mate works for Post Watch and you wouldn't believe the complaints they get about the delivery service ... or rather lack of it.... I had a card through the other week saying the "parcel" was too big to be posted through my letter box so could I collect it ..... ooooh I thought some kind person has sent me a flat brown package .. I got to the sorting office to find an A3 envelope (normal size) but because the postage wasn't enough on the envelope they made me pay £1.05 for the privilege of collecting something that would have gone through anyone's post box :thumbsup:

Garv contact your local Post Watch .. the local sorting office will do bugger all for you .... PW are very very good and know all the tricks of the RM ... you should get compensation and the postman in question WILL be dealt with :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest rachel

My postie is great...he even signs for my records when I'm not home :P

I used to have one like that, would even bring things from the sorting office if another postie had left a card and he noticed it... bent the rules a bit but I always got everything (and in one piece!) :thumbsup:

Had some hassles since though, stuff left on doorstep or not leaving cards so records got sent back to the sender :thumbsup:

This is just absolutely typical of the royal mail over here !!!! My mate works for Post Watch and you wouldn't believe the complaints they get about the delivery service ... or rather lack of it...

Never heard of Post Watch.. they sound very useful :unsure::P

Social source share

Never heard of Post Watch.. they sound very useful :thumbsup::thumbsup:

they are the ombudsman people for the shit royal mail service we have to put up with. They are very good and investigate all claims and complaints. I once sent a birthday card with monopoly money in (joke between me and recipient) and he didn't get the card so I informed PW and they not only sent me a book of stamps to compensate but also a fiver of real money!!!!

Social source share

they are the ombudsman people for the shit royal mail service we have to put up with. They are very good and investigate all claims and complaints. I once sent a birthday card with monopoly money in (joke between me and recipient) and he didn't get the card so I informed PW and they not only sent me a book of stamps to compensate but also a fiver of real money!!!!

I work for Post Watch and can remember dealing with this just complaint and will be informing my colleages of the serious nature of this fraudulent claim when I return to work on Monday. Such an offence warrants a minimum 50 year jail sentence with no appeal procedure. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I work for Post Watch and can remember dealing with this just complaint and will be informing my colleages of the serious nature of this fraudulent claim when I return to work on Monday. Such an offence warrants a minimum 50 year jail sentence with no appeal procedure. :thumbsup:

I told them it was monopoly money honest :thumbsup: Oooh 50 years ... that means I will be 65 when I get out still old enough to dance :unsure:

Social source share

my postie is an absolute star :thumbsup: ...we had a small discussion once about how much the records were actually worth...once he got up off the floor :P ..he was most respectful and has been ever since..he lives just round the corner from me he gave me his number so i can ring him if he is unable to deliver and he pops round with the goods..saves me a 5 mile round trip to the main sorting office :thumbsup:

mucho respect to him

cookie :unsure:

Social source share

my postie is an absolute star ...we had a small discussion once about how much the records were actually worth...once he got up off the floor ..he was most respectful and has been ever since..he lives just round the corner from me he gave me his number so i can ring him if he is unable to deliver and he pops round with the goods..saves me a 5 mile round trip to the main sorting office mucho respect to him cookie

if i told my postman how much the records were actuallyworth i would never see any records arrive, aNd i wold probly end up getting robed

B

Social source share

No, Chalkys postman doesn't like R n B :thumbsup:

must be a soul-less individual then, but then again so am I. I'm sitting here eating yesterday's brown rice with patak's lime pickle, 'cos I can't be arsed to make a curry. how f**** sad can you get!?

macca

Social source share

over here in spain, things are generally OK. I live in a flat, so all the post boxes are on the ground floor. the slot is big enough for a standard package of say 2 or 3 records, but if it's too big, he leaves me a note to pick it up from the main PO the following day. I have had records left on my doorstep though. a quick chat to the PO manager soon put a stop to that though...

macca

Social source share

Guest Brian J

over here in spain, things are generally OK. I live in a flat, so all the post boxes are on the ground floor. the slot is big enough for a standard package of say 2 or 3 records, but if it's too big, he leaves me a note to pick it up from the main PO the following day. I have had records left on my doorstep though. a quick chat to the PO manager soon put a stop to that though...

macca

========

I got a new dog from the RSPCA once.......that wouldn't fit thru the letterbox!

Social source share

Garv contact your local Post Watch ..

==========

Mandy, have you any more info on Post Watch (how I contact them) please.

Brian, each area has it's own office (or should have one near to you), you can get the number from directory enquiries or local information services or may even be able to get it from the royal mail office - that'll scare them :rolleyes:

Social source share

Ignore all the bullshit the PO will give you after you have been through the complaint process, which you need to do. The fact you didn't insure it is irrelevant. The remedy is really simple, take them to a small claim court, you will win without question on the grounds of neglect. The insurance is the something you pay the PO in case of accidental loss or damage. The PO try to disgard claims that don't carry insurances as a matter of policy and procedure. But as soon as you start legal action (ie summons) they will cough up as the do not want to open the floodgates for mass claiming in the event of a public loss in court.

This is an issue they are very worried ablout at PO corporate as they know they are potentially subject to millions of pounds of claims for neglect (ie- leaving packages on doorsteps and all sorts).

Good luck, but you won't need it. You're on legal solid ground and as I said, its their policy to cough up prior to hearing.

:rolleyes::yes::thumbsup:

absolutely right andy

it wasn't lost, it was just negligently delivered so you have an open and shut case

wouldn't bother too much with local people, write to head office straight away. also make sure you keep everything and a written note of what happened is useful too.

our postman is a top bloke but some of the stories above are scary

Social source share

Guest Brian J

Brian, each area has it's own office (or should have one near to you), you can get the number from directory enquiries or local information services or may even be able to get it from the royal mail office - that'll scare them :rolleyes:

Thanks Mandy.

I know deep down that you're kindness and consideration is mainly due to the natural beauty nature has bestowed upon you. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Brian J

Ignore all the bullshit the PO will give you after you have been through the complaint process, which you need to do. The fact you didn't insure it is irrelevant. The remedy is really simple, take them to a small claim court, you will win without question on the grounds of neglect. The insurance is the something you pay the PO in case of accidental loss or damage. The PO try to disgard claims that don't carry insurances as a matter of policy and procedure. But as soon as you start legal action (ie summons) they will cough up as the do not want to open the floodgates for mass claiming in the event of a public loss in court.

This is an issue they are very worried ablout at PO corporate as they know they are potentially subject to millions of pounds of claims for neglect (ie- leaving packages on doorsteps and all sorts).

Good luck, but you won't need it. You're on legal solid ground and as I said, its their policy to cough up prior to hearing.

:rolleyes::yes::thumbsup:

Cheers Donkey.......appreciated mate.

I once knew a lad called Don Kiddick!

Social source share

Garv.

Wait for the postman and give him a good seeing too, tell him if he dont pay you what he owes you then you go after his family too :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Brian J

Wait for the postman and give him a good seeing too, tell him if he dont pay you what he owes you then you go after his family too :rolleyes:

=========

Love it! :thumbsup:

Social source share

I remember getting a 12" single (Garfield Flemming Please Don't Send Me Away) through my letter box stamped on it were the words "RECORDS DO NOT BEND" rather wittily the postman had written "Oh Yes They Do" :rolleyes::thumbsup::yes: underneath before posting. Needless to say the record was ruined but I got my money back from the post office took ages though.

I remember it was around Christmas and the postman was one of these extra casual staff they get in when their busy.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!