Eddys Soul Time Again

Guest Bellyfullosoul

Guest Bellyfullosoul

:yes: It's Great News! Eddys is back!!!!

When we booked the dance hall there were two months when we couldn't have the hall May and July. So we had a siesta in May and will have another in July!! Get your buckets and spades out because thats the time to go on your Hols!!!

The goood news is that 2012 onwards every first Saturday will be Eddys and we do mean EVERY first saturday!:thumbup:

The really GREAT NEWS is that this month is June and we are on! Let's get that absolutely clear as crystal Eddys IS BACK ON THE 4TH JUNE 2011 and that's SATURDAY. Doors open at 7.30pm.

Bring your talc! Bring your Circle skirts (just the ladies this time!:lol: ) Bring your Spencers and Pegs! Let's see brogues, poly's, horse whisper and Mary Jane shoes and give that beech sprung, purpose built dance floor the beat(ing) it deserves. thumbsup.gif

£3 on the door still gets you 5 hours of 100% Northern and Tamla Motown oldies and rare. Eddys is not affected by recession, VAT or inflation! :thumbsup:

Eddys where the music is bigger than the price (and Rays bra size! - nothing is bigger than my bra size doh!).:hatsoff2:

If you can't find a Lambretta come in your car! We have a huge car park that is built to accommodate coaches! We need them to bring Billy's wardrobe! (It's not easy being the best dressed soulie on the scene!). Directions are available from the events calendar - just 10 minutes from the A1 junction to Worksop!

Best of all for a very special return, we have the Yorkshire Legend, the one and only -YOCKY!! You know your in for a REALLY GREAT TIME AT EDDYS.

We reckon to host the best in music, dancin, posin, laffin and friendly togetherness that keepin the faith in the East Midlands is all about!

Only a fool would miss it, be there!!:yes:

Eddys - where the good times just keep on coming!

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:wub: It's Great News! Eddys is back!!!!

When we booked the dance hall there were two months when we couldn't have the hall May and July. So we had a siesta in May and will have another in July!! Get your buckets and spades out because thats the time to go on your Hols!!!

The goood news is that 2012 onwards every first Saturday will be Eddys and we do mean EVERY first saturday!biggrin.gif

The really GREAT NEWS is that this month is June and we are on! Let's get that absolutely clear as crystal Eddys IS BACK ON THE 4TH JUNE 2011 and that's SATURDAY. Doors open at 7.30pm.

Bring your talc! Bring your Circle skirts (just the ladies this time!huh.gif ) Bring your Spencers and Pegs! Let's see brogues, poly's, horse whisper and Mary Jane shoes and give that beech sprung, purpose built dance floor the beat(ing) it deserves. :shhh:

£3 on the door still gets you 5 hours of 100% Northern and Tamla Motown oldies and rare. Eddys is not affected by recession, VAT or inflation! :D

Eddys where the music is bigger than the price (and Rays bra size! - nothing is bigger than my bra size doh!).:thumbsup:

If you can't find a Lambretta come in your car! We have a huge car park that is built to accommodate coaches! We need them to bring Billy's wardrobe! (It's not easy being the best dressed soulie on the scene!). Directions are available from the events calendar - just 10 minutes from the A1 junction to Worksop!

Best of all for a very special return, we have the Yorkshire Legend, the one and only -YOCKY!! You know your in for a REALLY GREAT TIME AT EDDYS.

We reckon to host the best in music, dancin, posin, laffin and friendly togetherness that keepin the faith in the East Midlands is all about!

Only a fool would miss it, be there!!:cheese1:

Eddys - where the good times just keep on coming!

Well that as got to be one of the best opening threads i have ever read brilliant well this weekend is not over yet but cant wait for next saturday and beleive me i am not bringing any 75mph mid tempo tunes its 120mph 100% oldies all the way how it should be see you all at eddys all the best KTF Yocky and Joy

Guest Bellyfullosoul

look forward to seeing you too Soulgirl65! :no: It's gonna be awesome! XXX :hatsoff2:

120mph! Better take me Redbull and Sanatogen, oh and wear me sports bra!!!

thanks for the kind words Yocky and Joy can't wait either!!!:ohmy:

I LOVE THIS VENUE,A MINT DANCE FLOOR,GOOD SYSTEM AND GREAT PEOPLE,BUT SORRY THIS TIME WE WONT MAKE IT DEW TO OTHER COMMITMENTS :( ,WILL DEFO BE BACK NEXT MONTH THOUGH AND UP FOR IT,HAVE A GREAT NIGHT GUYS,KTF,CARL :lol: PS YOU,LL HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH YOKI AND THE SOULCREW :thumbsup:

Edited by boxerbeat

I LOVE THIS VENUE,A MINT DANCE FLOOR,GOOD SYSTEM AND GREAT PEOPLE,BUT SORRY THIS TIME WE WONT MAKE IT DEW TO OTHER COMMITMENTS :( ,WILL DEFO BE BACK NEXT MONTH THOUGH AND UP FOR IT,HAVE A GREAT NIGHT GUYS,KTF,CARL :lol: PS YOU,LL HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH YOKI AND THE SOULCREW :thumbsup:

Are you trying to avoid me mr piper lol records are packed all 200mph billy see you all tonight yocky and joy

Guest Bellyfullosoul

A great big Eddy's thank you to all who attended on saturday (4/6/11):thumbsup:

The night got off to a slow start on the dance floor but it soon warmed up! By the end of the first spot dancers were coaxed onto the floor with classic big motowners and a few under played classics from yours truly. Next up was local hero (mine anyway) - Billy Backdrop! :yes: He made filling the floor look easier than scrabble with a dyslexic! Playing tunes from his "youth club days" ( we all know he still goes to the youth club!:yes: ) and giving a count down to the greatest living yorkshireman - YOCKY! every few minutes.

Eventually it was time and Yocky took the decks. !20 mph Northern soon had the floor hotter than Christina Aguilera's G string! :D It was sizzling and stayed that way for an hour and a half. The ceiling fans were put on early but were soon over ridden :yes: - what a night! Sweat ran faster than a virgin at a viagara party (c'mon you've all been to one!wink.gif ) Feet burst into blisters and muscles screamed for mercy but the pace kept on coming! Soon, too soon it was over and Yocky left the decks to a standing ovation and cries of more! :D Even Silent Ray managed to say thank you over the mike!:huh: That's how high emotions were running. If you ever get to see Yocky don't miss it, simply the best! Ray played out with classic floor fillers and a few lesser known gems.

It was so good to see every one quietly leaving and thinking of our neighbours, soulies are so thoughtful! Thanks guys - our later license may depend on it!:thumbup:

All of the closing comments were positive, everyone had a good old fashioned Eddy's good time - just the way they used to be.:lol:

Special mention goes to Ray and Kim, Lynne and Charlie, Andrea and Mel for services to the dance floor!!! Thanks guys you were on the floor the most consistent dancers!:yes: Do you ever get tired?:no: A very VERY special mention goes to little Elliot - the king of the dance floor all night!!!:hatsoff2:

All in all a brilliant night make sure you don't miss the next one! Saturday 4th August 2011 - the sensational Graham Weaver hot from the Grosvenor Rooms but cool enough for Eddy's!!!

Please remember there will be no soul club in July. KTF Cap'n Chaos :thumbsup::D

Guest Bellyfullosoul

Spot the deliberate mistake boys & Girls?:hatsoff2:

Eddy's is next on Saturday 6th August 2011 and no club in July! See you there!!

I have stabbed myself in the testicles with a rusty fork as punishment! :thumbsup:

KTF Chaos!!!:thumbsup:

Guest soulgirl65

Thanks for a great night. Enjoyed it loads and yes paid for it yesterday my poor feet lol. Excellent djing and tunes. Yocky was fab as always, cant wait till August for the next one. See you then :hatsoff2:

Source Advert