Pilsley Soul

After a long day travelling back down from Whitby it was a funny old night at Pilsley, very warm, doors left open to cool folks down, numbers way up from last month, but they didn't seem to want to get dancing till later on, still some nights you just can't put your finger on it, thanks to all residents and also to Soap (I found out last night is name is Steve) who played some great tunes.

We are and always will be across the board at Pilsley, and I guess that means your never gonna please everyone, but we try to cover something for all those attending.

Some of you may have noticed the electrical work that has started around the dance area, and I'm told by the management that refurbishment will be on going for the next couple of months e.g new toilets, carpets & decoration to the old place, however none of this will effect the running of our nights.

So thanks to all who turned up on a warm BBQ type night and hope to see some of you again for our next night on Saturday 6th August with Guest PAT WALLACE (Sonic Soul) plus the two D's DJing for the first time at Pilsley.

Barry

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

After a long day travelling back down from Whitby it was a funny old night at Pilsley, very warm, doors left open to cool folks down, numbers way up from last month, but they didn't seem to want to get dancing till later on, still some nights you just can't put your finger on it, thanks to all residents and also to Soap (I found out last night is name is Steve) who played some great tunes.

hi barry....we have had this at sussex soul club....then suddenly a tune gets played and the dancefloor doesnt empty for the rest of the night and then come closing time they keep asking for more tunes

We are and always will be across the board at Pilsley, and I guess that means your never gonna please everyone, but we try to cover something for all those attending.

and i have to say you do it very well indeed

Some of you may have noticed the electrical work that has started around the dance area, and I'm told by the management that refurbishment will be on going for the next couple of months e.g new toilets, carpets & decoration to the old place, however none of this will effect the running of our nights.

hope there aint no live wires connected to the dancefloor...nice to see a venue committed to improvements...so many dont seem to care

Barry

regards moldie

So thanks to all who turned up on a warm BBQ type night and hope to see some of you again for our next night on Saturday 6th August with Guest PAT WALLACE (Sonic Soul) plus the two D's DJing for the first time at Pilsley.

Barry

Excuse me Barry but I was on the floor before 9pm dancing to an Andy Jones 70's tune, so was Sheila and another bird. The wife would also have been up but she was AWOL. Some really excellent tunes played and great cross section of music all night. Really like the David Damien track (sorry if i've miss spelt) can't believe its a 2011 production as its sounds like something out of the mid 70's. Sorry I had to miss most of Alan's last spot by that time I'd done it cause thats what 4 hours dancing does to you. Top night and next event falls on the opening day of the footy season. Will probably be depressed again during the day so will need the pick me up which is guaranteed from Pilsley. Best Soul night going by a country mile. KTF Paul & Absent Ann

Excuse me Barry but I was on the floor before 9pm dancing to an Andy Jones 70's tune, so was Sheila and another bird. The wife would also have been up but she was AWOL. Some really excellent tunes played and great cross section of music all night. Really like the David Damien track (sorry if i've miss spelt) can't believe its a 2011 production as its sounds like something out of the mid 70's. Sorry I had to miss most of Alan's last spot by that time I'd done it cause thats what 4 hours dancing does to you. Top night and next event falls on the opening day of the footy season. Will probably be depressed again during the day so will need the pick me up which is guaranteed from Pilsley. Best Soul night going by a country mile. KTF Paul & Absent Ann

Great reply Paul, Andy played a 7t's tune thumbsup.gif gee missed that, must have been busy on door duty or something, was you in Life after mars with comments like that :lol::lol::thumbup:

Whatcha Wanna Do - Derek Damian is the track

Thanks for the imput Paul see you soon all the best for the footy season.

Barry

Guest LEICSSOULIES

HIya Barry and Pam

Was a funny old night, when we arrived through the back door lol and a bit later than normal,

We had to sit ( due to some guests coming with us) opposite side of the room? Seemed busy

early on... No wonder no-one could find us !! hehehe :lol:

Well Pilsley always does what it says on the tin, great music as always, our lot didnt want to go home when

the lights were put on at 1.00pm. But was worth waiting around just to see you pull the sole of your shoe !! (photographic evidence available lol) and the Silver gaffer tape to keep it holdlng on !! thumbsup.gif

Roll on the next one

And the new season, Cmon leicester.................

Ali and Clint

Great reply Paul, Andy played a 7t's tune thumbsup.gif gee missed that, must have been busy on door duty or something, was you in Life after mars with comments like that :lol::lol::thumbup:

Whatcha Wanna Do - Derek Damian is the track

Thanks for the imput Paul see you soon all the best for the footy season.

Barry

Wondered why I could'nt find it. The 70's tune was "Too Late". Never seen Life after Mars but any nameless female has to be known as bird or as Moldie would say "Crumpet". Thanks for footy comment does'nt look good as we've got rid of 6 players and signed one. Your'e better off being a Forest fan me thinks.

Barry

Yes, a very warm night Barry but great to see numbers well up and lots of new faces to boot. Bring on the alterations, which will only complement the great new(ish) dancefloor.

Looking forward to next month already with Pat Wallace and the two mystery DJ's.

Andy & Jo

Guest Northern PhanTom

Barry

Great DJ Soap yes.gif can remember him back to the early 90's and beyond when he was doing the circuit "Big Time" hatsoff2.gif

Got to try and make the next one Barry rolleyes.gif

Although not sure about that Wallace chap laugh.gif

Best Tom wink.gif

Source Advert