New Material Progressing . . . .retro 1970's Philly, Salsoul Style .

Guest Carl Dixon

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi everybody -

If you like that mid to late 1970's east coast Philly dance style, please check out some clips I have on SoundCloud here:

https://soundcloud.com/55motown

The three tracks are:

A little of the big stuff

Double up

Walk away the Winner

I am trying to maintain that analogue sound, for eventual recording professionally in a studio given half the chance and money. I am extremely interested in using The Albemarle Youth Orchestra from Hull, my home town for strings, horns, woodwind and percussion overdubs one day.

There are another two compositions and I will post soon. I hope to release these once I have some vocals done on them, to maximise the number of mixes I can exploit.

Also, if anybody did not hear "Don't tell your mama" from an earlier posting it is also on this site. Feel free to purchase it,but it is free at the moment from the link on the other post!

Cheers

Carl

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi Paul - yes, I agree. They are sort of generic, unmastered, unfinished and do not have the sparkle quite yet. They are getting there slowly. These have been almost 2 years in the making. I have a singer lined up, but not certain whether I go 'lead and bv's', or the unison MFSB style 'do the bus stop', 'so nice to be in love' route. If the singer is any good at lyrics or better than mine, I may use hers and give her a percentage of the song etc. We'll see. Wait til you hear 'Make Five' the title track. I think it could stand alone as an instrumental. I will post part of it soon . . . .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert