Soulfusion Summer Soul Party

Just wanted to thank everyone who came along to soulfusion at Dowty Sports & Social Club, Staverton, Gloucestershire

last night. and what a summer soul party it was, July is traditionally Our quietest event of the year due to it being slap bang in the middle of the summer and lots of folks being away on their holidays. But what a terrific turnout we had last night. on par with every night we have had this year with all three rooms very busy.

Special Guest DJs for this one were Lincoln's CHRIS DALTON doing the business in the Northern Soul room, Not heard of Chris? well you should book him for your event, he is first and foremost a soul music addict just like me!!

he has been there done it and got the T-shirt too, brillint on the mike as well as his impressive DJ box, he is also very happy to DJ in the modern room too so would prove excellent value for money for a multi room event like ours.

well done Chris you kept the floor rammed.

In the modern room Our special guest for this one was Young Gun CHRIS BOX (Soul Sam's protege) Chris is a DJ with a great ear for quality modern soul records and is a competent and experienced mix DJ. he also kept the floor very busy during his 90 minute set, so again well done to Chris for doing the business for us.

And a surprise late addition to last nights DJ lineup was Mr DON PALMER from Worcester, Don very kindly stepped in at the last minute to do a 90 minute set in the Motown room for us, Don is almost a resident DJ at Soulfusion having appeared at least 6 times over the last few years, it's fair to say he is part of the furniture.

On to in some respects the important people, that's our resident DJs who set the tone for the evening last night

JINKSY

JERRY HIPKISS

STEVE LLOYD

ADY POUNTAIN

MART & SUE TAYLOR

oh and me of course lol!

These guys and gal plus others who didn't DJ last night have moulded the event over the last 5+ years into what it is today

a great all round three room event, playing terrific soul music to like minded folks. something for everyone. in a top notch venue. PERFECT!!

A BIG thankyou to my wife Ann and daughter Beth for manning the door and taking the flack from the hoards of soulies coming in.

a couple of other mentions before I close. a HUGE thankyou to Rob Adams & Jinksy for helping me set up and break down last night. I think we are all getting too old to keep doing this LOL!!! my joints are aching today i can tell you.

and last but definately not least a very BIG thankyou to all the paying soulies who come and support us time after time, it's great seeing old friends and new coming through the door to spend another special night with us at Soulfusion. i am now looking forward to the next one on SAT 17TH SEPTEMBER when we do it all again, September's guest DJs are NIGE BROWN & NEIL RUSHTON, Neil will be doing the book launch at Soulfusion so make sue you bring some extra cash to get your copy before they dry up.

Keep your eyes on the gallery I am sure there will be plenty of photos popping up in the next day or two

also you can keep abreat of what's happening at soulfusion by visiting our website

www.soulfusion-soulnites.co.uk

best regards

Neil & Ann Self

Edited by neil self
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Still recovering from another cracking night - I'm getting complaints from people that their legs are still turned to jelly :) - but having the last hour and Mr. Pountain winding me up to match his spot at the May bash ( a hard job sir!), I decided to go for it, stompers and instrumentals all the way, and ended up over-running by 25 minutes!! Thanks to all for another brilliant night - and for those who were there, sorry I didn't play The Dogs or anything on Mutt 'n Jeff :lol:

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Guest Tamlasue

A fantastic brilliant night would be a major understatement

Did session with Mart in the Motown room and managed to meet nearly all the requests. Then obliged Mr Don Palmer by double decking with him for half an hour and have yet to see him put an issue on the decks as his box is filled with white demos :(

Then spent the rest of the evening flitting around taking photos, chatting and dancing (when I could find a bit of floorspace!)

The feedback on the night and the following day is fantastic, but then what would you expect from the best soul club !! :thumbup:

Roll on September

xx

Guest RachelY

Thanks to all involved - another good night at Soulfusion.

Jerry Hipkiss - for me did a great final spot.

See you all again in September if not before.

Tc RAY xx

we all had another good night so big thanx to all involved!

didnt get out of the northern room....shame jon wasnt playing tho!...got there earlier than normal and as he wasnt first on kept expecting him to play and he never did....(thanx for the great cd jon)

dean

Thanks Dean, yes it was strange not seeing jon doing the warm up, jon will be back in september, jinksy wanted to have a go so we let him have a night in there. I have decided to change things slightly in all three rooms. we will be having 5 djs in each room from now on, this gives me the opportunity to dj myself in the modern room and give a few other djs a chance to get involved.

Jon will occasionally be djing at a later slot in the night so that will be good.

best regards

Neil

Guest Stick

Hi Neil and co.

Another great night at Soulfusion, we too missed Jon, had to give up long before the Hipkiss onslaught----------what a set , i was tired just listening to it !!!

Stayed at the prem inn , Barnwood , couldn't get in at our normal one, can heartily recommend it.

Great to see all of the Oxford crowd , our own little corner now. Nice to meet and chat with the lads and lasses from Worcester, will try and make it to J9 when we visit rel's in Brum.

Stuck me head in the modern room a couple of times, feet nearly following----------one of these days-----

motown room looked really busy all night , weak bladder, had to go past loads !!

Hopefully will try and make it in September

Take good care

Steve and Chris

xx

Thanks Dean, yes it was strange not seeing jon doing the warm up, jon will be back in september, jinksy wanted to have a go so we let him have a night in there. I have decided to change things slightly in all three rooms. we will be having 5 djs in each room from now on, this gives me the opportunity to dj myself in the modern room and give a few other djs a chance to get involved.

Jon will occasionally be djing at a later slot in the night so that will be good.

best regards

Neil

sounds good...think i'm gonna miss the september nite as im djing for someones 50th..will be back after though!

dean

Guest BENSON BOY

Still recovering from another cracking night - I'm getting complaints from people that their legs are still turned to jelly :) - but having the last hour and Mr. Pountain winding me up to match his spot at the May bash ( a hard job sir!), I decided to go for it, stompers and instrumentals all the way, and ended up over-running by 25 minutes!! Thanks to all for another brilliant night - and for those who were there, sorry I didn't play The Dogs or anything on Mutt 'n Jeff :lol:

WELL DONE THAT MAN,JERRY YOU TOOK THE ROOF OFF THE PLACE WITH THAT ABSOLUTE STORMER OF A SET,THANK GOD YOU WERE'NT ON FIRST,WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO KNACKERED TO SEE THE EVENING OUT.

INTERESTING SET FROM MY OLD PAL CHRIS DALTON A FEW TUNES THAT WERE NEW TO SOULFUSION,AND REFRESHING TO HEAR,TOP TUNES FROM JINKSY AND THE NEIL MADE FOR A BRILLIANT NIGHT AT SOULFUSION.

HAVE TO AGREE WITH "SOULSMITH" THOUGHT THE SOUND SYSTEM WAS OUTSTANDING.

SO WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR MONEY!!!!

GREAT VENUE (3 ROOMS)

SUPERB SOUND SYSTEM

TOP DJ'S = BRILLIANT SOUNDS

ALWAYS A FANTASTIC FRIENDLY CROWD.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER ALREADY.

WELL DONE ALL TO ALL CONCERNED

MAZ

My first time here, will definatly not be my last,

best music played in a long time, played 4 of my favorite records and i did`nt even ask for them, what a mind reader, had me on the floor nearly all night had to sit down for a rest, had a fantastic time,

stayed overnight in the car park in the motorhome, then toured the cotswolds for 4 days what could be better, a lovely part of the uk.

Also like to say thanks to olly & chris great to meet up with you both, and dont forget when you want to come up to the north let me know.

see you in september.

steve

Edited by 3b48

My first time here, will definatly not be my last,

best music played in a long time, played 4 of my favorite records and i did`nt even ask for them, what a mind reader, had me on the floor nearly all night had to sit down for a rest, had a fantastic time,

stayed overnight in the car park in the motorhome, then toured the cotswolds for 4 days what could be better, a lovely part of the uk.

Good to meet you on Saturday Steve, glad you enjoyed it, hope you found a couple of those pubs I recommended!

Another busy night... Always the steady one, not this time

Neil had a big smile all night....

Heard some tunes not heard before (must of been in drop out period)

Strange Steve or myself not playing, thanks for missing me, I didnt put anyone up to this

Roll on September

catch you somewhere

Jon

Source Advert