Crookes Soul Club, Fri. Aug. 19Th

Guest Barry Holland

Guest Barry Holland

On behalf of Bob H, Paul (Ace) Richards, Nigel Filmer and myself, many thanks to everyone who came to the Crookes Club on friday night. :thumbsup: Thanks to Julie for sorting out the money and wristbands on the door. :thumbsup:

Attendance slightly up on last month and all those who came were up for a great time. :yes: Dancefloor busy from early on and kept busy all night. Allthough not packed out there was a very friendly and warm atmosphere about the place. :thumbsup:

Great spots from all d.j.'s and a massive thanks to guest d.j. Little Al, played a great spot, cheers . :thumbsup:

Third friday of next month, guest d.j. will be Mopsey. Will not be there myself, so have a great night, see you before then, all the best, Barry, KGB, KTF. :thumbsup:

P.S. Thanks for the birthday beers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As Dave said aptly nice to see a local soul event taking off. The 4 dj's all managed to stamp their own "take" on soul and had everyone on the floor enjoying themselves, some really good dancers and nice friendly people, Got in early doors before 8.30pm and lovely Julie on the door let us all in for half price (how good is that!) along with a cool CD wi' the club's latest sounds. A big "thank you" to Ann & Barry, Paul, Bob and Nigel for a great night See you all soon.

Peace and Love

Mickey

Back2Basics Soul Nights-Outokompo Social Club, Bawtry Road Tinsley Friday 26th August 2011.

Just like to thank the Crookes Crew for inviteing on board,this is a great venue, every thing is soooo right for a Northern Soul Club, BIG dance floor, a Phil Spector wall of sound (system) cheap drinks! this night can only get better! if you've not been give us a try!

next month is Sheffields Legendry Mopsey on stage spinning the finest Vinyl known to man , sorry I can,t be there, also thanks to Little Al played a top spot, big thanks to every one who came to listen and dance to the Crookes Soul Club brand of Northern Soul and Tamla Motown

also happy birthday to Mr Barry Holland K.G.B. we could not get you a cake the candles would have set off the fire alarm LOL KTF

Thanks Baz was just going to start a thank you topic but you've said it all .Mopsy was a star got every body up dancing and he wasn't even on the decks .As you said Mopsey will be on next month so expect a cracking night :D Great to see people coming in earlier and the dance floor busy all night :) Thanks to Little Al for spinning some great tunes and some great dancing (as always) :lol:

Happy Birthday Baz :thumbup:

KTF Bob

ps thanks Mick from the lovely Julie you've made her :D

Just like to say thanks to Bob and the Crookes club soul crew for inviting me other to play a few I really enjoyed it great venue to go to on a friday night and bloody massive here is my playlist from 9/10pm these are in order.

isley brothers / just aint enough love

jj barnes / please let me in

marvin gaye / youre a wonderful one

jr walker / how sweet it is

johnnie taylor / whos making love

jesse james / love is all right

bobby sheen / dr love

jimmy preacher ellie / im gonna do it by myself

benny spellman / fortune teller

leon haywood / baby reconsider

benny troy / i wanna give you tomorrow

eddie holman / night to remember

velvet hammer / happy

brenda & the tabulations / a love you can depend on

ojays / i dig your act

julian covey / a little bit hurt

tony galla / in love

spencer davis group / gimme some lovin

ray charles / i dont need no doctor

danny white / keep my woman home

lela martin / cant have your cake

five du tones / shake a tail feather

:thumbsup:

Guest Barry Holland

Just like to say thanks to Bob and the Crookes club soul crew for inviting me other to play a few I really enjoyed it great venue to go to on a friday night and bloody massive here is my playlist from 9/10pm these are in order.

isley brothers / just aint enough love

jj barnes / please let me in

marvin gaye / youre a wonderful one

jr walker / how sweet it is

johnnie taylor / whos making love

jesse james / love is all right

bobby sheen / dr love

jimmy preacher ellie / im gonna do it by myself

benny spellman / fortune teller

leon haywood / baby reconsider

benny troy / i wanna give you tomorrow

eddie holman / night to remember

velvet hammer / happy

brenda & the tabulations / a love you can depend on

ojays / i dig your act

julian covey / a little bit hurt

tony galla / in love

spencer davis group / gimme some lovin

ray charles / i dont need no doctor

danny white / keep my woman home

lela martin / cant have your cake

five du tones / shake a tail feather

:thumbsup:

Cheers Al, was trying to think of the Danny White record the next day, what a belter, :yes: Barry, KGB, KTF. :thumbsup:

Guest Barry Holland

Hi Baz what is the date for next month?

Ey up Dave, glad you enjoyed it last friday. The next one is friday 16th September. Will not be there myself as I've got a long awaited holiday booked, see you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.

Source Advert