Twin Cities Soul - St. Paul, Minnesota, Usa First Nighter Review...more Attendees Needed

We just had our first soul night in St. Paul for Twin Cities Soul last night. I'm still trying to take everything in and evaluate. We had some real pluses, but our big issue was a low turnout.

I had regular postings on Facebook, an event page on Facebook, regular Tweets, flyered all around the area, had my co-promoter get some info out to the university just a couple of blocks up, sent press releases to radio and TV, etc.

My co-promoter runs a sound and light company, so we had a top-notch sound system that sounded great. We also had a great set of Northern, 60s and 70s 45s.

The problem we had was a much-lower turnout than anticipated. Mind you, I was thinking if we could bring 100 (the room holds 200), that that would be a good start. I would say we ended up with about 25 people throughout the night. We tried starting at 5PM and going until 10PM, and ended up things about 10:15PM.

I do realize some of these events take years to build and everyone has probably had lower starts to their nights. Any thoughts or ideas most welcome.

Just a piece of info that might be helpful. There are two soul nights in town already. One is playing Northern and 60s/70s, while the other night is playing funk and rare R&B. The Northern night has been going 9 years, while the other is celebrating 4 years.

Cheers.

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!