Shinehead

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Didn't go to the Chapel All Nighter , was that the only one thought there was a big stink about it , i think it made the local rag The Advertiser, along the lines of been held in a former place of worship. Only went to 1 Harlem Shuffle at the Bailey Suite then on to the now demolished Herringthorpe Leisure Centre.

Social source share

I ran the Harlem Shuffle do's with Malc Burton. The first ones we did at Clifton Hall, the third one wad at the Bailey Suite at a time I was 'otherwise engaged' and Snowy stepped in to help Malc.

The Herringthorpe gigs I did with Kev Briscoe and John Benson. They were the 'Old Farts Serious Sixties Soul Sessions'. We did them every November for about 15 years.

Good times.

Sean

Social source share

Guest Barry Holland

Will have to look in the attic but I'm sure I've got a ticket from the Clifton Hall do that a friend gave me years ago. Didn't go myself but I do remember going to the Bailey suite and at the same time going to a do at the function room at R.U.F.C. was it the Tivoli? A bit later also remember going to an Harlem Shuffle at a nightclub in Rotherham called Club Pacha at that time. Still got loads of flyers from the Travellers and my Back Room Soul Club membership card. Unfortunately though I can't use a scanner to put them on here. All the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.

Social source share

Didn't go to the Chapel All Nighter , was that the only one thought there was a big stink about it , i think it made the local rag The Advertiser, along the lines of been held in a former place of worship. Only went to 1 Harlem Shuffle at the Bailey Suite then on to the now demolished Herringthorpe Leisure Centre.

Can't remember any stink kicked up apart form the smell in the place, it was a dump, then again I didn't read papers from Rotherham. I remember the squad coming in about 2am.

Social source share

Can't remember any stink kicked up apart form the smell in the place, it was a dump, then again I didn't read papers from Rotherham. I remember the squad coming in about 2am.

I might have been wrong i thought only one was held there and the council said the place did not have a licence to hold allnighters there or maybe any type of functions.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I've more of the Bailey Suite in the garage i think (I DJ'ed at one of them but don't think I have that flyer) and others from around that time.

Here's flyer for the Chapel All-Nighter and Travellers Rest

post-225-0-32265000-1321388905_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-18396900-1321388952_thumb.jpg

I went to the Chapel all-nighter as my mates Al Millington and Ray Hudson ( RIP) were dj-ing and also to the Travs used to enjoy seeing all the old faces there.

Edited by daveyboy66
Social source share

Anyone remember the Rotherham School of dance all nighters, late 70s? strange venue, very bright, little seating. Remember Alan Senior had multiple copies of Carol Anderson Sad Girl on Fee for sale for £1.50 or something like that, it was virtually a new release.

Social source share

Anyone remember the Rotherham School of dance all nighters, late 70s? strange venue, very bright, little seating.

Remember going there - think it was on the road from the train station into town.

An upstairs room and pretty dark as I recall?

Think they had some sorta little room downstairs as well that was even darker.

First time I ever paid double figures for a record hahaha.

Boy was I Bobby BigBolloxs that night - they were dragging on t' floor - now I was a man and had joined the big boys league of serious record collectors (or so I thought........).

My tenner had bought Garnett Mimms 'Looking For You' on British United Artists.

Previous highest was £8 for Vibrations 'Cause You're Mine' Epic WDJ.

Derek just call me Big Wad

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Russ, great stuff mate. I lost this stuff in the flood (2007) so they're great for me. Downloading them now!

Cheers and thanks again,

Sean

I've just 'found' these on my pc - I knew they were somewhere! :thumbsup:

A later 'Old Farts' flyer - the 12th one from 2002:

post-5094-0-37254000-1325460412_thumb.jp

New Year's Eve at the Phoenix 1998:

post-5094-0-69563500-1325460347_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!