Best Album Of The Year

Cunnie

Just been listening to Lou Pride's new album called "Keep On Believing" & it's without a doubt the album of the year. 13 tracks of sheer quality soul music of which at least 6 are playable on the northern scene including an awesome new version of "im com'un home in the morn'un" & a great track called "love will make it alright" thats already getting spins on the modern scene.

Anyone else on soul source heard it yet?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just been listening to Lou Pride's new album called "Keep On Believing" & it's without a doubt the album of the year. 13 tracks of sheer quality soul music of which at least 6 are playable on the northern scene including an awesome new version of "im com'un home in the morn'un" & a great track called "love will make it alright" thats already getting spins on the modern scene.

Sorry about the other post, pressed enter & i dont know what happened.

C'mon moderators, get it cancelled please..

Social source share

Have heard from informed people Martin, that this indeed is an exceptional abum, i haven't had the chance to hear it yet, but i'll certianly be putting that wrong right.

Brett :rolleyes:

Social source share

Have heard from informed people Martin, that this indeed is an exceptional abum, i haven't had the chance to hear it yet, but i'll certianly be putting that wrong right.

Brett :rolleyes:

Its right up your street Brett.

It aint been off my decks for a while now.

Fish at FER has got it in stock for 12 quid (& no im not on commission!), click on the link & it's no 582 on the cd album list.

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/soul-grooves.html

Social source share

Yes quality release! , is it on vinyl as well?? . I really enjoyed his performance at Prestatyn /both rooms +a real character. Other albums I"ve enjoyed this year are Music from the Soul on Expansion,17 quality cuts from the 70/80"s as chosen by R,S.---The wants list 2--18 soulful rare grooves from the 70/80"s.Dinasour tracks from the Tower of Power a 90"s album that was shelved and has just got a release and contains two brilliant crossover /modern tracks .Two other albums released this year that I"ve enjoyed are The chapter-the return of real soul music and the longshot sessions -the soul of r+b. Cheers PhilA
Social source share

Yes quality release! , is it on vinyl as well?? . I really enjoyed his performance at Prestatyn /both rooms +a real character. Other albums I"ve enjoyed this year are Music from the Soul on Expansion,17 quality cuts from the 70/80"s as chosen by R,S.---The wants list 2--18 soulful rare grooves from the 70/80"s.Dinasour tracks from the Tower of Power a 90"s album that was shelved and has just got a release and contains two brilliant crossover /modern tracks .Two other albums released this year that I"ve enjoyed are The chapter-the return of real soul music and the longshot sessions -the soul of r+b. Cheers PhilA
Dont think it's ot vinyl but dont let that put you off.

Tower Of Power a great album too, the stand out tracks IMO are "Move you lose" & "got to have your lovin" (was shelved in the early 80s though, not the 90s).

Wants list 2 is in the post.

Always try to avoid the expansion & togetherness albums though, nowt wrong with the music, it's the sleeve designs that put me off :huh::D

Great 1st post Phil, welcome to the site.

Social source share

Tower Of Power a great album too, the stand out tracks IMO are "Move you lose" & "got to have your lovin" (was shelved in the early 80s though, not the 90s).

The CD was released in 1999, I think that's what Phil meant. :D

Lou Pride album of the year . . . MY ARSE!!!!! :D:huh::):P

Edited by Dodger
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert