Knight In My Neighbourhood

Guest Ms Murray

Guest Ms Murray

Imagine my disappointment when I found out this weekend that Gladys Knight had been in my neighbourhood, earlier this year.

She performed a gospel show at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), in Chorley. This is only 2 miles from where I live and I pass by it practically every day - little did I know!

Apparently her grandson is working in Manchester as a missionary and she has converted to the church, which she also talked about as part of her performance.

The church stands within its own grounds and is surrounded by living accomodation, as it is also a large 'training' centre for young elders from all over the world. Living within the area I have been visited by elders on several occasions and had some very interesting conversations. If I do get a visit from Ms Knight's grandson in the near future, I'll be sure to let you all know!!! :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Did she appear on Chorley FM - Where the listener comes first! :rolleyes::huh:

So it was true then?

When you told me the other night i thought you was trying to have me on and get me to post it on here! :lol:

On a serious note, religion seems a very popular route for our soul heroes.

nice one

Shane

Social source share

Guest Ms Murray

Did she appear on Chorley FM - Where the listener comes first! :rolleyes::lol:

So it was true then?

When you told me the other night i thought you was trying to have me on and get me to post it on here! :lol:

On a serious note, religion seems a very popular route for our soul heroes.

nice one

Shane

Shane, as if I would do something like that! :lol:

I have far more amusing ways of making fun of you, as you will soon find out! :lol:

Anyhow, there's no way I would let you take credit for my information matey, despite your soul status!!! :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert