Joe Graves

purist

Does anyone have any info on Joe Graves. Other than a few 45's I know nothing, and he certainly seems to have had the talent, so why don't we know more of him? With 3 of the 4 Parkway sides having had spins in Northern venues over the years I'd have thought somebody might know more about Joe?

See Saw/Beautiful Girl - Parkway964 (1965 or 66?)

Debbie/Boy & Girl Fall In Love - Parkway103 (1966?)

It's Got To Be Real / Baby, If You Were Gone Rack: 103

did this also get released on RCA? (47-9758) if so is it identical to the Rack 45?

(also found what appears to be a Jazz or Big Band album on Capitol, but presume it's a different artist with the same name?)

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Joe Graves died in 1992, think he only cut four singles, the 2 Parkway 45's the Rack / RCA one (Which is the same cut on both labels) and also an earlier track that I can't remember? Sad that there wasn't any more from this talented singer, just love "It's Got To Be For Real" and "Debbie". would love to know if there is any other material by Joe!

steve

Social source share

Does anyone have any info on Joe Graves. Other than a few 45's I know nothing, and he certainly seems to have had the talent, so why don't we know more of him? With 3 of the 4 Parkway sides having had spins in Northern venues over the years I'd have thought somebody might know more about Joe?

See Saw/Beautiful Girl - Parkway964 (1965 or 66?)

Debbie/Boy & Girl Fall In Love - Parkway103 (1966?)

It's Got To Be Real / Baby, If You Were Gone Rack: 103

did this also get released on RCA? (47-9758) if so is it identical to the Rack 45?

(also found what appears to be a Jazz or Big Band album on Capitol, but presume it's a different artist with the same name?)

just been looking round the regular dealers and the cameo recordings have just disappeared from sight...another typically cheap record that probably no longer is...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!