45cellar

Little Richard - (Artist Of The Week)

Little Richard Discography (Soulful Kinda Music Link)

>>> LITTLE RICHARD <<<

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

[media=]

Beautiful, Bought it for "I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS IT"

One of my Favourites.

OKeh_4-7271-A_DJ-1.gifOKeh_4-7271-B_DJ-1.gif

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Some realy good stuff in the 6ts as good as his ROCK N ROLL of the 5ts, all UK GOODIES!

:rofl: DAVE

post-13241-0-59470300-1341129755_thumb.jpost-13241-0-64499600-1341129856_thumb.jpost-13241-0-67823700-1341129964_thumb.jpost-13241-0-46624800-1341130028_thumb.jpost-13241-0-48758500-1341130090_thumb.j

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Worth checking is"the commandments of love"by him,very reminiscent of The Flamingos"i only have eyes for you"

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I was a fan of Little Richard's ever since I saw him in the 'Dont Knock The Rock' movie in the late 50s. The movie itself is boring as are the acts appearing except for LR. I remember the cinema erupting when he came on. He was definitely the 'Innovator' and his style influenced many artists who became Soul legends later e.g. Otis Redding, Joe Tex. The flip side of Tutti Frutti, I'm Just A Lonely Guy is as good as any Deep Soul epic IMO, his last line being going to 'jump in the river and drown'. Also Can't Believe You Wanna Leave and Send Me Some Lovin' (covered by Sam Cooke) are great powerful soul ballads.

I joined the LR fan club in the 60s run from Leicester and the Fanzine was issued monthly or therabouts, I've attached a scan. Obviously I like his Okeh recordings and bought Get Down With It as a new release but for me you just can't beat those wild early recordings.

post-430-0-53182000-1341137596_thumb.jpg

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Guest Dave Turner

Vee Jay 698 ...... one of the greatest SOUL records in the history of da universe.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Always liked this underplayed one...superb Northern...some of you lilttle soldiers out there may well recognise the backing track as well :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
On 01/07/2012 at 09:49, chas said:

Worth checking is"the commandments of love"by him,very reminiscent of The Flamingos"i only have eyes for you"

Totally Agree, I bought this after hearing on Soul Source a few years ago.

[media=]

OKeh_4-7262-A-1.gifOKeh_4-7262-B-1.gif

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Vee Jay 698 ...... one of the greatest SOUL records in the history of da universe.

[media=]

Always loved this Dave, first heard it on a Channel 4 documentary in the early 80,s taped it on VHS, still got the tape.Great shout, BTW, did you get CD, put 1st class stamp on it.

Kev

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

[media=]

Absolutely brilliant tune......................unfortunately a lot of people dismiss LR as just pure R&R....................think he deserves more credit personally!!!

:yes:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

"Don't You Know I" on Kent

Edited by airfixkid

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Guest JJMMWGDuPree

I first saw Little Richard in 'The Girl Can't Help It'. Just like Slim said, when he came on the place caught fire. My mum was wondering if she should get me outa there, but I wouldn't go.

Hey, Jayne Mansfield was in that film!

In a long-distance argument with Jerry Lee Lewis, years later, obviously set up by the programme makers, Richard cited the number of imitators he was plagued with as proof that he was the greatest. "I bet Jerry never rolled into town and the guy says 'You ain't him. I saw him last week and he was charging 50 cents less than you!'" I wonder if he ever found out that James Brown was one of those guys.

All hail Little Richard, one of the few who can seriously claim to have changed the face of music.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Used to like his "Baby don't you want a man like me", a 45 on Stateside and on a compilation LP as well - on the cusp between Rock 'n Roll and an R'n'B dancer...the flip, "Holy Mackerel" is straight up Rock ' Roll but with some great lyrics!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Richard Anthony -- Philly Recording Artist
    All About the SOUL by Roburt on Wed 27 Mar 2019
    • 7 / 344
    • Shufflin on 27 Mar 2019
    • 1 / 545
    • Pete S on 14 Jul 2014
  2. You Outta Know Artist With A Little Bit Of Soul
    All About the SOUL by Guest on Tue 10 Jun 2008
    • 1 / 287
    • on 10 Jun 2008
  3. Little Known Artist's - Who Would You Like To Find
    All About the SOUL by sanquine on Fri 25 Aug 2006
    • 29 / 1458
    • on 05 Sep 2006
  4. Isley Brothers "who's That Lady/my Little Girl" United Artist
    Record Wants by Alfie79 on Fri 25 Sep 2009
    • 5 / 628
    • Alfie79 on 27 Sep 2009

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.