Am I Missing Something Here - Everything's $999.99 ?

45cellar

he seems paranoid if he fears gettin ripped off over something he knows nothin about.. he should invest in a price guide at least before listing anything or just let things ride and be done with

i got a couple things from him. it seems best to leave delusional people as is and play along. he will either learn his lesson if he's reasonable or at all intelligent or the stuff will sit there forever and there will be nothing you can do.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

i got a couple things from him. it seems best to leave delusional people as is and play along. he will either learn his lesson if he's reasonable or at all intelligent or the stuff will sit there forever and there will be nothing you can do.

I wanted to buy some stuff of Ebay, the bloke lived about 2 miles away, he was offering free delivery, when I asked what the price reduction would be if I came pick them up he said "nothing, it's free".........needless to say I didn't bid. When you trawl though Ebay I am constantly astounded at the enormous amount of sellers who haven't got a clue. Nr.1 rule in selling is "have a fundamental knowledge of your market". Once heard a bloke at a US record fair say "I'll sell this on Ebay, those Brits will buy anything that's called Northern Soul" in reality we Brits know more about the value of these records than anyone else. :yes:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

About the seller: When he just put 'em online the records were priced differently, I bought a few nice things of him, but the next morning I got messages asking me to cancel all my purchases because there were 'data issues' and I noticed all other prices were changed to $999.99. So I guess he doesn't want to sell them right now or he's just a lunatic which makes him perfectly suitable as a record seller. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Here's his response and counter offer that he made to my offer of $30....

Dear back_beat_club, s.gif

deweypyle has sent you a counter-offer for the following eBay item. You have 48 hours or until the listing ends to consider the offer. s.gif

200805236165.jpg EMANUEL LASKEY - WELFARE CHEESE / CRAZY (never played) Offer price: US $300.00 Buy It Now price:

US $999.99bin_15x54.gif Offer expires: 09-Sep-12 19:15:13 BST Seller Terms: I use worthpoint, manship, musicstack,gemm,recordsbymail, and popsike to value the records. Do your homework, I have Seller: deweypyle [contact seller] Go to My eBay

• Helpful 1
Social source share

.Higher placing in buy it now lists if searched for by "highest price".

Obviously, he's not expecting anyone to pay $999, but make him reasonable offers.

I don't know, which is why I'm asking, but doesn't he have to pay a lot more for having a $999.99 price tag compared to say a $9.99 price tag?

Edited by denbo
Social source share

if he did his homework.... why would he start it at $999.99 and then take $300 ?

Did anyone ever pay $300 for this ?

Such a friendly guy too- very customer service oriented ! :lol:

Here's his response and counter offer that he made to my offer of $30....

Dear back_beat_club, s.gif

deweypyle has sent you a counter-offer for the following eBay item. You have 48 hours or until the listing ends to consider the offer. s.gif

200805236165.jpg EMANUEL LASKEY - WELFARE CHEESE / CRAZY (never played) Offer price: US $300.00 Buy It Now price:

US $999.99bin_15x54.gif Offer expires: 09-Sep-12 19:15:13 BST Seller Terms: I use worthpoint, manship, musicstack,gemm,recordsbymail, and popsike to value the records. Do your homework, I have Seller: deweypyle [contact seller] Go to My eBay

you should respond with this link:

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=emanuel+lasky+welfare&thumbs=&currsel=&sortord=&x=0&y=0&incldescr=1

and tell him that he shouldn't be so rude when the popsike average sale price of all 7 of these that are listed is about $30 and popsike doesn't even include items less than $20.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!