Tuesday Northern Vinyl

Beatin Rhythm

Hi Soul Folks, here's a mixed list of Northern, Modern & Funk sevens to consider. If you see anything on the list you'd like to buy then please phone 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve (10.00am — 5.15pm Monday — Saturday or 11.00am — 4.00pm on Sundays). Thank you very much for taking time to look at the list.

1. I Get Carried Away — JERRY FULLER (Challenge white demo).....VG++......Brilliant N.Soul beat ballad...........£125

2. I Don't Want Her But I Need Her — THE SOUL SET (Johnson)....VG++.....early Ray Dahrouge song set to a strong Northern Soul beat, great to hear this played out now.........£90

3. Ain't No Soul Left (In These Old Shoes) — RAY PAIGE (RCA white demo)......Mint-, still in original company sleeve........£65

4. What Difference Does It Make — KENNY SHEPARD (Maxx demo)....VG++.....oh what class here!......lovely spine-tingling intro to a fabulous Big City Soul mid-paced Northern dancer that'll turn the DJ who plays into a Champion (A Winner)....£250

5. Let Me Prove That I Love You — DYNELLS (Blueberry)......VG++....first label release of this lovely Modern Soul stroller.......£160

6. Loving Good Feeling — THE LOLLIPOPS (Impact).......VG++.......£100

7. Just What Do You Plan To Do — LITTLE JERRY WILLIAMS (Calla)...VG++......£20

8. That Ain't Right / I Dig Girls _ J.J. JACKSON (Calla).....VG++.....great double-sider, "That Ain't Right"Â is as strong a Northern dancer as is played anywhere, anytime and bursts forth with a loud brassy intro before hammering it's way through an exciting 2mins. 30 seconds of Stax meets Chess soul stomping......£15

9. In A Moment — THE INTRIGUES (Yew).........VG++....Crossover goody......£15

10. Cowboys To Girls _ THE INTRUDERS (Gamble).......VG++.......Philly Soul classic that has a potential Northern mid-tempo gem lying under it's pillow on the flip; "Turn The Hands Of Time"Â can really impress if played out, very catchy tune as well.......£10

11. Messin' With My mind — CLARENCE CARTER (Ichiban)......VG++.....Modern Room Master........£40

12. Man Without A Woman — MICHAEL & RAYMOND (RCA white demo)......VG++........Massive Northern All-Nighter play 1975-1977.........£125

13. I've Got That Feeling — DARRELL BANKS (Atco demo)........VG++.....£35

14. By My Side — JOHNNY JACK (Axis)........Mint-.......Stomper.......£35

15. What Love Can Do — BROADWAY EXPRESS (I & D).......VG++......£130

16. Blue Hours / Hey Little Girl Of Mine — THE CASCADES (Smash).....Vg++.....two great blue-eyed Northern Soul sides here that will please those who've liked The Tempests singles on this same label..........£12

17. At Last I've Found A Love — THE SWEET INSPIRATIONS (Atlantic demo)......VG++.....if you love Bettye Swann's "Kiss My Love Goodbye"Â then this will melt heart, play one and you've got to play the other, gorgeous crossover dancer for sure.......£15

18. Was That All It Was — JEAN CARN (Phil. Int.)........VG++...........£15

19. If You Wanna Go Back — JEAN CARN (UK Phil. Int., 1976)......Mint-.....demo.....£10

20. The Panic Is On — ROY HAMILTON (MGM)....Mint-....Huge N. Soul Beat Ballad.......£100

21. Midnight Town — Daybreak City — ROY HAMILTON (MGM)...VG++...released before "Panic Is On"Â and again has the big-voiced soul man doing a dramatic N.Soul beat ballad with a huge kettle-drummy backing (bad a boom!)......£25

22. I Can't Lose - MITTY COLLIER (Peachtree)........VG++......£12

23. Finger Lickin' Good — DENNIS COFFEY (Westbound)......VG++....£10

24. Football — E. RODNEY JONES & LARRY & THE HIPPIES BAND (Westbound)......Mint-.....great brassy instrumental along the lines of "Bari Track"Â.......£15

25. The Charge — THE T.K.O.'s (Ten Star)......Mint-.......fast, surf instrumental with stomping Northern Soul beat!.........£15

Many thanks indeed for looking through the list, hope your day's going well and can it get better still with a City win tonight? All the best, Carl (Beatin Rhythm).

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!