Soul Or Nothing! Lookback At The Night

Guest Baz

Well as promised a quick look back on how things went at Soul or nowt up in Manchester city center, after arriving slightly later than planned due to traveling time miss calculated and getting slightly lost in Manchester, all though a quick phone call to Steve sorted that problem and we were soon inside the venue, on first impressions not the ideal set up, would have put the decks down the end, Joan was on and some great uptempo dancers were pounding out the speakers (see SON thread for joans playlist!) not many people in at that time, as you can only expect it was the week after Prestatyn, and many had chose to sit it out! quite a cosy set up in there with some sofa's to the back, not much seating, so people are on there toes and ready for action.but not many dancing had a few up during Joan's, Mike's and myself's early spots but no real packers this was not due to any of the DJ's playing the 'wrong stuff' just took a while to get going Paul Sadot, Karl Heard and Karl Rhodes were up for the next couple of hours all playing uptempo/midtempo soulful numbers noticed a few leave during this time but soon was filling up again with the Hideaway crew turning up and giving it a uplift. As these were filltering in, John May was on playing a fantastic selection of tunes (including Dream Girl that i had given a nice clean befor i left home in anticipation of spinning :thumbsup: ) dance floor was well under way now, and the guys and girls were braving the slippery dance floor (you try and keep still when the music is this good) Mike took to the decks after John with a fine selection of dancers to keep the crowd busy, while i was poundering over what to spin, took on bored the fact of the hidaway crowd turning up and decided to start my second spot off with a few R&B/sou/Gritty (using them terms very loosely BTW) movers to a great response, Joans turn again starting of with the Vangaurds, the thought of loosing your love, one i've always spun at home but never had the ball's to play out, any one who dont know it think of 'good times bad times' chuck it right out the window this is a 1000 times better and them vocals pound!! the crowd loved it, unfortunately had to leave soon after due to mothers day comitments the next day :unsure: left and the place was buzzing.

brilliant atmosphere, Brilliant people, Top draw music, venue could be better.

Verdict: Top notch, well worth a visit one i'll be back to as soon as possible :D

few photos added from the night in my gallery.

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source Advert