Soul And Funk Gospel 45s

Guest jinx74

Guest jinx74

All records are Mint- unless otherwise noted. If interested please send me a PM or you can email me at vinylarc@hotmail.com

Shipping to US/Canada $4, UK/Europe $7, and Japan/Australia $8.

DSC01770.jpg

$10 Thomas White & the Messiah Gospel Singers - Must be the Holy Ghost / There Must be A Reason (B& cool.gif : real nice male lead Gospel joint. A little traditional but the music is really nice.

$10 Betty P Harris - Lead Me, Lord, Around It / Wash Me (Custom Fidelity) : "Lead Me.." is a great funky organ and drum track with Betty's rocking vocals over it. "Wash Me" is a very cool, deeply soulful Gospel tune with Betty singing over the organists music. Highly recommended.

$12 Lady Day - I'll Fly Away / Never Grow Old (Gospel Corner) : "I'll Fly Away" has a good funky and soulful beat. Great guitar and piano playing. The flip is a midtempo Bluesy Gospel joint. Great vocals on this Los Angeles record.

$12 Heavenly Echoes - I Don't Need Nobody but the Lord / Come to Jesus (Audio Gospel) : "Come to Jesus" is a nice midtempo group harmony. The musicians on this track are really rocking out behind the vocals. "I Don't.." is a real beauty. Great slow group harmony and a talented lead vocal.

DSC01771.jpg

$12 Madame Nellie Robinson - Mini-Your Dress is Too Short / Viet Nam (Gospel Corner) : "Mini-Your Dress.." is a cool tune. Track has a funky guitar and a funny message about women wearing their mini skirts too short and its causing the world to fall apart. Funny but a fun tune. "Viet Nam" is a midtempo Gospel joint about.. well, the Vietnam War. Madame Nellie has a more traditional Gospel voice but the music on both sides are cool.

$12 Wings of Joy - I Want to Go to Heaven When I Die / Pt 2. (Raynard) : Real nice midtempo female lead group harmony piece. Cool rocking beat that was released out of Milwaukee.

$12 Billy Watkins & the Zion Travelers - Even Me / Two Little Fish (ZTS Enterprises) : "Even Me" is a real pretty male group harmony. Truly blessed vocals that blow me away upon listening. "Two Little Fish" has a nice midtempo hand clapping beat. I would love to see this performed "Live". Highly recommended.

$15 Nu-Lite Gospel Singers of Kansas City, MO. - Rock of Ages / You've Been Good to Me (Proverb) - Female led Gospel beauty. "You've Been.." is a real nice midtempo group female harmony with a good beat. "Rock of Ages" is a good rocking version of this tune. The group gets pretty funky at the end.

DSC01772.jpg

$15 Sensational Bells of Joy - Come on Sinner / Days Have Past and Gone (B-J) : "Come on Sinner" is a very dope uptempo dancer. Great male harmony with a late 60s Soul edge. "Days Have Past.." has a slow and haunting Soul feel to it. Great vocal arrangement and a real talented guitarist. Released out of Indianapolis from the Flower's Records label. Highly recommended. WOL

$15 The Gospel Light - Dear Lord Please Hear Our Prayer Today / Pt 2 (M/W) : beautiful Modern Gospel from '83. "Dear Lord.." is a nice male lead tune. Great beat with a good feeling to it. The arrangement on side 2 KILLS me! William Whatley, of Veda/Sorokas fame, wrote and produced both sides. Highly recommended.

$20 L.A. Shouting Stars - The Cross of Jesus / What Would I Do (Audio Gospel) : "What Would.." is a great funky tune. The group really kicks it up a notch on this one! Shakers, drums, and funky organ. "Cross of Jesus" is a nice tune with some group harmonies and has a slow tempo. Real pretty.

$20 Gospel Sounds - Nowhere to Run / I'll Praise His Name (Audio Gospel) : "Nowhere to Run" is a nice uptempo funky Gospel dancer. "I'll Praise.." is a nice female lead group Gospel tune. Nice vocals and music. Highly recommended.

DSC01773.jpg

$25 L.A. Shouting Stars - Without You Lord / Beautiful City (Audio Gospel) : Another great AG double sider! "Without You Lord" is a nice funky Gospel dancer. Absolutely great vocals! A real head nodder. "Beautiful City" is an uptempo Holy Roller jam. They are jamming on the vocals and the beat. Highly recommended.

$40 L.A. Wonders Gospel Group - Stand By Me Father / On the Other Side (Styletone) : "Stand..." is an AWESOME midtempo group Soul Gospel tune. One of my favorites due to the vocals and the music. "On the Other Side" is a little more rocking but still midtempo. If you like vocals this is your record. Absolutely perfect to me. Highly recommended. Rare.

$40 Community Chorus of Surry, VA - Jesus Savior Pilot Me / Rock of Ages (VIV Gospel) - Killer double sided funky Gospel dancer. Both sides have a funky drum beat and organ with a real nice singer and choir backing him. "Rock of Ages" is nasty! The best version of the song I own with three nice vocal breakdowns. Full of energy and life. Makes me wanna get baptized and praise the Lord. Highly recommended and my last copy.

DSC01774.jpg

$50 Watts Community Choir - What the World Needs Now / Keep On, Keepin On (Proverb) : WOW! My last two copies of this Gospel gem. Their LP is tough to come by and the 45s aren't that easy either. Two high powered funky Gospel joints. "What the World..." is the classic Bacharach joint flipped funky and uptempo. "Keep On.." has ill congas and drums with the vocals layered over it real nice. Has two short breakdowns with the congas/drums. Arranged and directed by D.J. Rogers. A personal favorite.

$75 Ermie and Yabo - This Road / Lord (R Records) : Killer funky double sider. "This Road" is a funky White Xian tune. Starts off with congas, adding the drums and then a funky guitar for the first thirty seconds before the vocals kick in. Quick two minute track but its NASTY! "Lord" is a slow Xian Ballad type tune at first. It then kicks into midtempo mode at the hook. Highly recommended and my last copy.

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert