Twisted Wheel Commemorative Plaque News

Guest mvb031259

Guest mvb031259

TWISTED WHEEL COMMEMORATIVE PLAQUE......

Some very important news regarding the "Brass Plaque" for the Wheel. The previous award was only a provisional award and could not be substantiated due to the situation with the owner of the building 6 Whitworth St. That provisional award is no longer valid due to the criteria which has to be met by any application not now being met, as the original building as we all know is due for demolition.
Richard Goodwin C.E.O of the Olympian group has very kindly taken up the mantle and is going to make a new application and we hope get the Twisted Wheel the recognition it deserves, he has stated that if he is successful in his application he will have the plaque displayed in a prominent position on the new Hotel for which I feel sure all Wheelers will be most grateful.
He has also insisted that his company will fully finance the plaque, which once again is very generous and much appreciated. This application hasthe full blessing and support of Pete Roberts who himself on many occasions said he would finance the plaque. Richard Goodwin will communicate with Gerry Stewart as he has always done and keep us all informed regarding the progress of the application, so it's a big fingers crossed that we get that plaque.
May I respectfully suggest that all the £2,800 collected by TWRF4 now be donated to a suitable charity as obviously that money can no longer be used for what it was originally collected for i.e Plaque or Art Work and it would be impossible to "do the right thing" and return it all to the individuals who donated.
May I also take the liberty of suggesting a charity...... That Charity is "The Douglas Macmillan Hospice". The reason I feel that charity is the most appropriate is with regards to the connection of the late John O'Brien who was a legend, loved and sadly missed by all on the Soul scene. One of John's dying wishes I am reliably told was to raise money for that charity and worked so hard on a record with Dene Parrish to that effect. OB was sadly let down and that record never went to press as he was promised, and no money was raised on behalf of John which was so important to him. Donating that collected money would be an excellent way to redress this and do a lot of good for the community. I hope TWRF4 will consider my proposal and take it in the good will it is intended.

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert