37 Years On

Guest FYLDECOAST

Guest FYLDECOAST

Got a phone call the other day from a mate who emigrated to the states in the early 80's . He's over in Blackpool to clear out and sell his mother's home , so we arranged to meet up last night for a couple of beers in Poulton . As I walked into the pub I spotted him sat down with a small box of 45s ,which he handed me and said  'These any good to you'. I proceeded to wade through David Bowie , Roxy Music and various New wave items ,until I reached a small section of soul . I couldn't believe my eyes when My old copy of Gorgeous George - Strange Book was sat there in mint condition in a white sleeve with my writing on the cover .I must have lent it to him in the late 70s and never got it back .  The only other items of interest were 70's mecca stuff ,Norma Jenkins ,Trick Shot ,Beverly Wheeler ,Hokis Pokis , and half a dozen northern reissues . 

Happy Days

Steve Mc

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Love stories like that!

I turned up at asoul night with a copy of velvet hammer- The guy(promoter ) said are they your mothers records? I said no one of thems yours (It had his name onthe Velvet hammer) WE are now good friends and have been for over  10 years.

Steve I sent you a message some weeks ago. IM a season ticket holder at the Pool and I am often down!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert