25 Tunes For Sale On Tuesday

Hi, Soul Lovers,
                   Here's a list of Northern & Modern Soul on seven-inch vinyl for your consideration. If there's anything on it that you'd like to buy then please reply through Soul Source or phone 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve an item.
Thank you for taking the time to look.

1. I'll Come Running / My Smile Is Just A Frown Turned Upside Down (Motown)......VG++........£80
2. Ride On - THE LAMP SISTERS (Duke)........VG++......£20
3. Brand New Recipe - RUSS LEWIS (Sharp)......VG++.......handclapping, Northern stomper all set to make a big impression if played.......£20
4. I Wanna Come Home To You Baby (Vocal & inst.) - TOMMY BRYANT (T-Neck).......VG++......great, uptempo Chuck Jackson-style Northern dancer in need of a good DJ to help it gain a few more "Likes". There's absolutely no doubt it's a future winner capable of landing a few big-money handicaps later in the season!......£35
5. Slow Down Heart / Paradise - THE TEMPTATIONS (Gordy).........VG++.....a lesser-known Smokey Robinson composition, "Slow Down" is deserving of some Northern spins.....£20
6. Yesterday Will Never Come Again / Unyielding - GLORIA TAYLOR (Mercury)......VG++.......two good sides, differing tempos yet certainly each qualify as Northern........£20
7. When Love Slips Away / I.O.U. (A Lifetime Of Love) - THE FASHIONS (20th Century demo)......VG++.....lovely Northern double-sider......£20
8. I Gotta Keep My Bluff In - FREDDIE HUGHES (Wand)........beautiful, feel-good Summertime soul with Crossover/Modern Room appeal and one that will add class to any playlist!......£20
9. Don't Go / Soul In Room 401 - THE AMBERS (Jean)......VG++......we MUST class this as a Modern Soul gem with true potential; the production and vocals are Philly influenced being a summer of '73 release and this nice two-stepper will please many. "Soul In Room 401" is the instrumental version and is a gift-wrapped sample-seekers delight!......£20
10. Where Are You - JOHNNY DIXON (Boss)........VG++.............£90
11. Happy Days - THE MAGICTONES (Westbound)............Mint-.......£40
12. Love Has To Grow / Let's Love (And Find Together) - THE INVITATIONS (Silver Blue).......VG++........£45
13. Main Squeeze - NATE EVANS (Twinight)...........VG++.........£400
14. Where Would You Be - TENISON STEPHENS (Chess)......VG++......great recommendation for those who know and love the output of THE DELLS and THE RADIANTS both groups do right by the Northern Soul crowd and this single could be by either of them, brilliant in every way!.......£20
15. In The Sunshine - THE MARVELLOS (Modern demo)......Mint-......total feel-good Northern Soul with the weather to go with it!...........£65
16. At Last I've Found a Love - THE SWEET INSPIRATIONS (Atlantic demo).........VG++......anyone who hears this lilting mid-tempo dancer usually ends up loving it; has a very Bettye Swann-type air to it, please give it a spin DJ's!........£15
17. I Love You More (Than Anyone) - THE IMAGINATIONS (Bacon Fat)......VG++.........£30
18. These Things Will Keep Me Loving You - LINDA CARR (Capitol).....Mint-.......identical in many ways to Spanky's version of "Sunshine Of Your Love", in a Northern meets Funk way, one you'll enjoy hearing played Loud......£25
19. That's How Heartaches Are Made - BOBBY HUTTON (Blue Rock)......VG++.........£20
20. One Little Dance - THE MOOVERS (Brent)........VG++.........£70
21. Inspiration - THE DELLS (Cadet).........VG++........£40
22. Don't Be Afraid - JIMMY SCOTT (Impala)........VG++.......£150
23. You Are - BOBBY REED (Brunswick demo).........tremendous Soul Brothers Six-style dancer, you won't stand still to this!.........£70
24. No More Tears - THE SWEETHEARTS (Kent)..............VG++.........£150
25. No Deposit......No Return - DEBBIE TAYLOR (Today)........VG++..............£20

Many thanks for reading through the list; hope the day goes well for you.

Cheers, Carl (Beatin Rhythm)
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source