Northern & Modern Soul Sevens For Sale

Beatin Rhythm

Hi, Soul Lovers. Hope you had a great Christmas break, here's a few vinyl goodies to unwrap so to speak, Northern & Modern 45s worth a second glance. If there's anything here that you'd like to buy then please send a Reply or phone 0161 834 7783 (10.00 am - 5.30 pm) to order or reserve an item.

1. Brand New Recipe - RUSS LEWIS (Sharp)..............VG++..................hand-clapping stomper garnished with Hammond organ on a bed of traditional Northern beats, infused with a mid-60's Mod feel which only needs bringing to the boil and serving up; a very tasty platter indeed...................£25

2. Walkin' By - THE BOSS FOUR (Rim)...................VG++.......................£50

3. But I Couldn't - WILLIE HARPER (Alon demo)...............VG++..............brilliant New Orleans Northern, good-timey dancer that'll cheer you up no end upon hearing it, being an irresistible mover you just have to take part in. That's New Orleans to a tee though, excellent music played in a happy-go-lucky, laid back way that you just can't help but love.Up All Night? You will be!!...............£35

4. Makes My World Go Round - THE THREE JADES (Maurci)....................Mint-........................£200

5. Snow - TINA ROBERTS (Security)..............Mint-...................although this unknown singer looks like a new addition to the Coronation St. cast it doesn't stop her from belting out a very likeable Northern dancer from either 1969 or '70 that deserves some late night action but not with Peter Barlow or Rob!!!.........£25

6. There'll Come A Time, There'll Come A Day - BASIC BLACK AND PEARL (WAM)..............a Potteries Pearler this great 1975 modern soul dancer, going down particularly well in that soul-drenched.area............Mint-.......................£60

7. I'll Keep Coming Back (instrumental) - THE HOLIDAYS (Revilot).........Mint-....................£40

8. A Change Is Gonna Come - THE BUCKNER BROTHERS (Sanla)...........Mint-...............£45

9. See You At The Go-Go - DOBIE GRAY (Charger)..............Mint-..............lovely oldie, well worth sending out waves of enjoyment with a play or two, being a smart follow-up to "In Crowd".............£15

10. Soulful Sound Of Music - BOBBY FREEMAN (Loma)..............VG++.........................£30

11. Who Is She - LUCKY LAWS (One-derful).............VG++..............here's a cracker in need of investigation; strong recommendation, having all the ingredients for a perfect Northern Soul spin: a five star dancer! (No.......NOT that 80's group!)......................£30

12. Man Without A Woman - MICHAEL & RAYMOND (RCA).....orange label re-issue...............VG++..................£30

13. Pizza Pie Man - ROOSEVELT GRIER (D-Town).................Mint-...............£150

14. Marching Out Of Your Life - BETTY BAKER (Quicksand).................VG++..................£15

15. Just Ask - THE DELCOS (Sound Stage 7 demo).....................Mint-...............£135

16. Cloud Nine - MONGO SANTAMARIA (Columbia)..............VG++..................£10

17. I Want You To Know - FATS DOMINO (Imperial).............VG++.........this is magic; a superbly unusual mixture of R&B/Popcorn/Ska AND Northern that adds up to a quirky but genuine Northern dancer that has yet to be enjoyed but WILL BE if played.......................£15

18. (I Lost My Love In The) Big City - THE DANIELS (Lantam)..............Mint-..............cool and classy meeting of Doo Wop and Northern Soul, a pleasure to hear. City connection re-enforced by the label's sky blue colouring...........................£15

19. What Love Can Do - BROADWAY EXPRESS (I & D)..................Mint-.................£110

20. Loving You Is Something New - THE STARLETS (Chess).................Mint-...........very strong-paced girl group Northern dancer that won't be frowned upon when played...............£35

Thanks very much for looking through the list, keep them mince pies coming,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin' Rhythm).

Edited by Beatin
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source