Soulsville Leeds 30th June

Guest Baz

Copied these words from Pudsouls post on the Events-Talk thread, good write up mate.

Just like to say what an excellent excellent night Soulsville was last night. New room, new line up, but same high standard of quality 60s (and touch of 70s) soul.

I personally much prefer this downstairs room. It was a good size, more intimate than the vaulted hall upstairs, good seating, handy bar, very comfortable outside terrace if you wanted a moments respite from the hot and sweaty dancefloor, and an intriguing dj booth replete with camouflage netting for I suppose those djs who play tunes the dancers don't to hear, which thankfully didn't happen last night.

Rich started it off with his usual accomplished selections, Dave Rimmer played tunes I haven't heard for ages and certainly had me and lots of others on the dance floor, Rich came back to ratchet it up a notch, and Paul from the Greatstone just carried on with quality tunes all the way (but I've never heard this bloke play a bad one - a matter of taste I suppose but his is certainly the same as mine).

I didn't stay the course, so not sure what happened later, but the dance floor was well populated for all the time I was there, including by me, so thanks to boys for a great night. Stick with the new format (you know what I'm saying Rich), and if you haven't been, get down there, it's a top soul night.

And a few words and a playlist from Budgie on the same thread

just a quick thanks to Rich And Jamie for asking us over to play a few tunes last night.Great to see young Mr Franklin out and about again and nice of him to leave something for me to play.

For those that asked (well Shirley) this is what featured:-

Vessie Simmons-Better To Bend Than Break-Simco

Wayne Anthony-Blow Me A Kiss-Walana

Joe Douglas-Crazy Things-Playhouse

Daddy Maxfield-I've Always Been In Love With You-U.A.

Joe Valentine-I Lost The Only Love I Had-Val

Fifth Avenue Band-One Way Or The Other-Reprise

Mixed Emotions-Gold Of My Life-Rock-way

Johnson Family-Peace In The Family-Atlantic

Grover Mitchell-What Hurts-Vanguard

Patti Austin-(I've Given) All My Love-Coral

Billy Storm-Educated Fool-Infinity

Liz Lands-Midnight Johnny-Gordy

The Temptations-I Want A Love I Can See-Gordy

Andrea Henry-I Need You Like A Baby-M.G.M

Almeta Lattimore-These Memories-Mainstream

Vivian Reed-Save Your Love For Me-Atco

Big Dee Irwin-You Satisfy My Needs-Rotate

Hopefully something for everyone there,hope to see some of you down at The Greatstone soon.

Good luck to Rich and Jamie with keeping the scene alive in the center of Leeds.

All The Best

Pete and Hilary

• Replies 0
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source Advert