Anglo American Latest Auction

Quinvy

FEBRUARY RARE SOUL AUCTION FINISHES 2.00pm FRIDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2014
(28th February - Species classification of the largest prehistoric penguin, nearly 5ft tall: Kairuku grebneffi - 2012)
Highest offer (email or letter) wins and pays the offered price: No proxy, no extensions, no drop-downs, it’s simple!

To view the items below go to www.raresoulvinyl.co.uk and click on Auctions Min Bid

FEB - A Masqueraders Do You Love Me Baby Wand 1172 M- 600
They don’t come much better than this one and probably a tad rarer on issue than promo

FEB - B Leaders (It’s A) Rat Race Superstar 100 M- 500
Out of Little Rock, Arkansas this is a superior soul funk mover from 1971. Very obscure 45 I’d say

FEB - C Bob & Fred I’ll Be On My Way Big Mack 6101 M- 900
Great condition on this string-laden Detroit rarity which works well on the instrumental flipside too

FEB - D Cody Black I’m Slowly Molding King 6148 D VG++ 300
One of the biggest spins of the last ten years without a doubt. Although not mint, it plays perfectly well. Check the sound bite

FEB - E Products Come Down Providence 3271 VG++ 500
A new sixties discovery...now there’s a thing! Great group soul dancer previously absent from discographies of the label, has to be rare

FEB - F Patience Valentine If You Don’t Come Sar 119 D VG++ 275
One of the monster R&B dancers and still packs dance floors — a “must” from Sam Cooke’s old label

FEB - G Tami Lynn Run Away French Atco EP VG++ 200
Only on this French EP as far as I know — a quite superb Bert Berns 1964 mover. Originally with a
picture cover which you might not be bothered about seeing as it depicts some sultry tart instead
of Tami herself! Condition is a strong VG++ as well

FEB - H Bobby Parker Get Right Sabu 101 M- 250
A strong, and certainly very rare, R&B dancer just waiting for the right deejay. Super early Deep
soul screamer on the flip side

FEB - I Gwen Owens Make Him Mine Lau-reen 1002 VG++ 200
How can someone make so many rare, i.e. didn’t sell, great records? From ’68 this is a lovely
lilting dancer (I’m sure the backing track is to something else, but can’t quite get there) as is the
flipside ‘One More Day’

FEB - J Mebeus Love’s Journey Vigor 1715 M- 250
Well the New York seventies label has plenty of goodies but it also has a definite RARITY. Very
hard to locate, this quality dancer especially as the promo features only the flip ‘Party Crazy’

FEB - K Four Voices Your Love Is Getting Stronger Voice 1112 VG++ 1200
Not seen one of these for sale for quite a while — superb Detroit group mover of course

FEB - L Jesse Johnson Left Out Old Town 1195 WD M- 350
One of the great spins from the “golden era” that wasn’t ever booted or reissued. Ebay also
shows that this record is NEVER offered for sale in good condition unlike this copy
Edited by Quinvy
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Source Advert