Crate-Digging Tuesday: Northern & Modern 45S

Beatin Rhythm

Hi, Soul Diggers, hoping you're well this morning, it's early but there's a scent of spring in the air as things get warmer. Here's a list of Northern and Modern Soul sevens to consider, if you see anything that you'd like to buy then please send a reply or phone us on 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve an item.

1. It Must Be Love - ALTON McCLAIN & DESTINY (Polydor)...................VG++...................£15

2. Exodus - BOBBY LEE FEARS (Forward)...............Mint-................£10

3. I'm On My Way - DEAN PARRISH (UK/American Records)...........VG++..........£10

4. All I Want Is Love - SHADES OF BLUE (Impact)..................VG++.................£15

5. I Wish You The World Of Happiness - SHIRLEY TURNER (Beatin' Rhythm white demo).......Mint-.........£10

6. Love Is Ending - FRED HUGHES (Cadet)...............VG++...............still in company sleeve..........£15

7. This Love Is Real / Love Uprising - JACKIE WILSON (Brunswick)...........Mint-........two lovely mid-tempo Northern dancers..........£20

8. Mama's Little Baby's A Big Girl Now (vocal / inst.) - KRIS PETERSON (Pelikin)............Mint-...........a big brassy intro to what can only be described as Sexy, Funky Northern; film-score stuff, the sound of the cat-walk. If you know those sides by Doris that were being played out big time around 2000/2001 then this is just that style, fantastic and deserves to be aired............................£25

9. In My Tenement - ROOSEVELT GRIER (Rik demo)..............Mint-................£185

10. I've Got To Be Strong - CHUCK JACKSON (Wand)............Mint-............and this IS strong, sheer brilliance played with passion and precision in the non-deletable, non-bank account-hacking world of 1965 and still sounding impressive today when spun at The Twisted Wheel Sunday sessions............£15

11. I'm So Glad - HERB JOHNSON & THE IMPACTS (Gold Brunswick)..........U.S. 2nd issue. Mint-...........fabulous Northern Soul oldie.................£20

12. We're In This Thing Together - PEACHES & HERB (Date).................VG++..................£15

13. Somebody Please - BILLY KEENE (Dottie)................VG++.................£20

14. To Make A World / Mojo Hanna - THE INTRIGUES (Yew)..............Mint-..............the flip "Mojo Hanna" may be the better side to spin nowadays; is it time to introduce a new genre yet? If so, how about Swamp Northern for this gritty, snappy Northern Soul unknown?.................£20

15. Aiming At Your Heart - THE TEMPTATIONS (Gordy).............Mint-...................£20

16. But I Couldn't - WILLIE HARPER (ALON demo)...........VG++...............£35

17. Keep Saying - CHARLES WRIGHT (Philips)..........VG++...........£30

18. Sweet Magic - THE PRESIDENTS (Sussex)............Mint-............£15

19. Hello Baby - Goodbye Too - GLORIA PARKER (LLP)..........Mint-...........£40

20. A Toast To You / I'll Try Again Tomorrow - LOUIS CURRY (M-S)...........Mint-.........£40

Thank you very much for looking through the list, enjoy your vinyl moments,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin' Rhythm).

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source