Saturday Soul Scene (Northern & Modern 45S For Sale)

Hi Soul Diggers, hope you're very well but not totally immune from the vinyl bug that's going about. If you've been suffering from clicking fingers and tapping feet and mild bouts of singing then we have just the thing for you; here's a list of Northern & Modern Soul Sevens for sale, if you see anything here you'd like to buy then please send a reply or phone us on 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve an item.

Oh, by the way, MANIFESTO is out again. Impressions on front cover......................£4 (£1.50p P&P).

1. Aiming At Your Heart - THE TEMPTATIONS (Gordy)..........Mint-......................£20

2. We're In This thing Together - PEACHES & HERB (Date)...............Mint-..............£15

3. it's waiting There For You - REPERATA & THE DELRONS (Mala demo)............VG++...........£25

4. Love Don't Come No Stronger - JEFF PERRY (Arista)...............VG++................£25

5. We're On Our Way - FRANKIE NEWSOME (Warner Bros.).............Mint-..............£40

6. With These Eyes - FABULOUS PEPS (Wee 3)...........Mint-.............£75

7. Whole Lotta Woman - THE RADIANTS (Chess).................Mint-............£15

8. All Turned On - BOB WILSON & THE SAN REMO QUARTET / Hungry For Love - THE SAN REMO GOLDEN STRINGS (Ric Tic white label demo).......Mint-..................£10

9. A Toast To You - LOUIS CURRY (M-S)..............Mint-..............£40

10. This Beautiful Night - JIMMY THOMAS (T.B. Super Soul).............VG++.......American issue of the Torch classic that was recorded in the UK.............£10

11. Viva Tirado - EL CHICANO (Gordo white demo).............VG++..............£12

12. Like Her (Long Version 7.15) / Like Her (Short Version) - GENTLEMEN & THEIR LADY (Pye).......1976 UK issue................VG++...................£10

13. Feet Start Movin' - TYRONE ASHLEY (Pye demo).............Mint-.............£6

14. What Took You So Long - STANLEY WOODRUFF (Grapevine demo)..........Massive Summer of 76 All-Nighter favourite, its popularity spread like an unstoppable grass fire and you have to admit that it's THE perfect Crossover-type dancer and still sounds brilliant......................VG++................£10

15. Tough Stuff - PAULINE CHIVERS (O-PEX demo)............VG++..............Grits ain't groceries, Northern ain't poultry and this is brilliant if you like big-voiced lady soul singers..................£10

16. But I Couldn't - WILLIE HARPER (Alon demo).............VG++...........Powerfully pleasing New Orleans Northern Soul mover that you'll have heard on those Up All Night comps from Charly, a goodtimey, act-daft dancer that needs to be played more often. If Pharrell Williams makes you happy, you'll be giddy as a gum-drop to this pearler.............£35

17. First Impressions - THE IMPRESSIONS (Curtom)...........VG++................1975 UK issue...........totally brilliant dancer, superb singing, come on DJ's pluck up some courage and make this as big as it deserves to be, you'll be loved for doing so. Why "Nine Times" but not this gem also?...............£7

18. Don't Let It Slip Away - RAL DONNER (Star Fire)...........Mint-.................in school-ruler gold vinyl.........£25

19. Mama's Little Baby (Is A Big Girl Now) (vocal / instrumental) - KRIS PETERSON (Pelican).........Mint-...............Will break big one day this and speaking of breaks the instro flip is awash with them, so a potential big-time sample ready to be had by those who collect them. Be our guest make yourself a millionaire by simply spending..................£25

20. Take It Or Leave It / Beyond The Hurt - CORY (Phantom)..............VG++.............one to watch, recommended Modern spin...................£30

21. Make Me Your Baby - BARBARA LEWIS (Atlantic)...................Mint-.......................£12

22. Just Wanna Get The Feel Of It - BLOODSTONE (Motown white demo).........Mint-........won't be held back if played and will turn into a big one in no time at all, could brighten things up in Bridlington..........£55

23. Far From The Maddening Crowd / I'll Take You Where The Music's Playing - THE DRIFTERS (Atlantic)..........Mint-...........£8

24. I Need You - CURTIS BLANDON (Tower)..............Mint-......................£40

25. You Say - THE ESQUIRES (Bunky)................Mint-..................£15

26. Give Everybody Some / Don't Do That - THE BAR-KAYS (Atlantic)........Mint-.................£10

27. You'll Miss Me (When I'm Gone) / Don't Jump - FONTELLA BASS & BOBBY McCLURE (Checker)........VG++............two strong Chess/Checker Northern sides...........£12

28. i Didn't Know What Time It Was - CATHY CARLSON (DCP)............Mint-....................£8

29. Here Are The Pieces Of My Broken Heart / If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love - GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS (Motown re-issue).......Mint-..........£25...............SOLD

30. Open The Door To Your Heart / Our Love Is In The Pocket - DARRELL BANKS (Stateside).....VG++.................£20

Many thanks for looking through the list, have a great weekend,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin Rhythm).

Edited by Beatin
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now