K-Mart Records May 2014 Record Sales

Karlm

For soundfiles, payment info etc please view the list via:

https://karlmarthon.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/may-2014-record-sales/

SOUL/FUNK/DISCO 45’s

Otis Jackson - Beggin’ for a broken heart / Message to the ghetto - Mega / EX / £400 (Classic 45 arranged by H.B. Barnum. Indemand 1974 crossover sound. Funky flip with a blaxplo feel.)

Executive Jam - I’m into your love - Third Street / EX / £225 (Killer crossover dancer with a jazzy feel.)

Kathleen Emery - Sometimes I feel like a motherless child / Evil ways - Love / EX/VG+ / £200 (Classic! Two excellent jazzy sides. Picture sleeve in great shape except a little fraying on one side.)

Infinity - Put everything in place - Whitehorse / VG+ / £200 (Modern soul classic, vinyl has light marks but plays well but with a hint of background noise in the intro before clearing up well.)

Ice Band feat. Unique Pleasure - Live people - Walking Tall / VG / £90 (Killer! Plays with some occasional and light background noise, nothing major but nothing for the picky collector/DJ. Label has a little discoloration around the edges.)

Garden of Eden - Everybody’s on a trip / It takes time - French / VG+ / £90 (Indemand double header! Funky modern backed with a midtempo dancer. X on label and vinyl has light marks. Plays with some light crackles never overpowering the music in the first part of the songs then clearing up well and plays clean.)

Fourth Day - You turn me on / On my way up - DT / EX / £80 (Rare Detroit modern soul double header.)

Fir-Ya - Keep on tryin’ - Star-Glow / EX / £75 (Classic modern soul dancer. Beautiful copy.)

Foundations - Change my life - Psycho / EX / £70 (Popular midtempo modern dancer on this cult label.)

Galaxy - Dance wit me - Marjon / EX / £70 (Popular funky modern.)

Kapp Ivory Project - It’s over / Shock the world - Det-Mi / VG+ / £50 (Two step backed with electro. Rare Detroit 45. X on label and vinyl has some light superficial marks, plays well.)

Aretha Franklin - Wonderful - Arista / EX / £45  (Limited 2003 release which now completely dried up. Very indemand.)

Hamilton Brothers - Music makes the world go round - Charlie’s / EX / £45 (Superb copy of this highly indemand dancer.)

Sir Ted Ford - I wanna be near you - Barak / EX / £35 (UK copy of this lovely midtempo modern soul dancer.)

Frank and James - You got the love I need / How long is forever - White Enterprises / EX / £30 (Rare modern double header. “How long is forever” where previously released but “You got the love I need” first appeared here. Two superb sides!)

Mary Wells - If you can’t give her love - Reprise / EX / £25 (Vinyl demo copy! Excellent Phillip Mitchell penned crossover soul dancer.)

Bobbi Humphrey - Baby don’t you know - Uno Melodic / VG+ / £25 (Light superficial marks, plays well. Classy Roy Ayers dancer.)

Horizon - They don’t make-em like you - AAA / EX / £25 (Orange/black second press of this classic modern soul dancer.)

Horizon - Feel the funk - AAA / EX / £20 (Orange/black second press of this funky modern soul winner.)

Blood Hollins feat Jean Lang - How have you been - Rca / EX / £20 (Excellent proto disco cut which is basically the same song as the rare and expensive “Where is the love” by Jack Sass Band. Lovely copy in company sleeve.)

Tomorrow’s People - Let’s get with the beat - Stage Productions / VG+ / £15 (Absolutely lovely lofi Chicago disco. Vinyl has some light marks, plays well. Label has date stamps and which partly has been crossed out with a filt pen.)

Independent Movement - Slippin’ away / Let’s talk it over - Polydor / EX / £15 (Issue copy of this superb modern soul dancer.)

Imperials - Do what I gotta do - Power Exchange / EX / £(Personal fave, killer floater type modern soul dancer.)

DISCO 12’s

Gift of Dreams - Better day - Jampower / EX/EX / £70 (Lovely copy in shrink.)

Larry Wu — Let me show you — Atlantic / EX / £50 (Modern soul evergreen. Very popular mid 80’s dancer. Promo copy, long and short versions.)

Narada Michael Walden - I want you - Atlantic / EX / £40 (Promo copy of this classic disco cut. Full 5:27 version. Company sleeve has a small spine damage.)

Sylvia Striplin — Keep pushing — Rissa-Chrissa / EX / £40 (DJ Copy-stamp, complete with company sleeve.)

South Bronx - The big throwdown - Rissa-Crissa / EX / £30 (Funky disco cut featuring some proto rap.)

Norman Giscombe, Jr. - Get up and dance - Fire-Sign Ltd / EX / £30 (Rare and sought after boogie cut.)

Cubie Burke - Down for double - Rissa-Crissa / EX / £25 (Complete with company sleeve.)

Inner Passion - After Hours Spot / You Don't have To Go / Delmar /EX / £45 (Great copy!)

Liquid Liquid - s/t - 99 / EX/EX / £25 (Classic left field/no wave 5 track EP. First press original complete with insert.)

SOUL, DISCO, FUNK ALBUMS

Stan Martin - Is Dr Cool - Ram / EX/EX / £200 (As new copy in shrink. Including superb dancer “Big mouth woman”.)

Winter - A warm winter night - Northwind / EX/EX / £135 (As new copy in shrink. Rare Oakland, CA rare groove album.)

Terry Callier - The new folk sound of - Prestige / EX/EX / £110 (Blue label first press of this classic title. Cover has a small cut out hole.)

Sunshine People - s/t - Gemini / EX/EX / £80 (1980 super obscurity here and probably a tax scam label. A couple of songs are taken off the rare Gaston Hotlanta album, the rest I’m not sure about the origin of.)

Thelma Houston - s/t - Mowest / EX/EX / £60 (UK copy with “Nothing left to give” and “I ain’t going nowhere”.)

Together - II - Albradella / EX/EX / £50 (As new copy in shrink. Includes the 1980 re-make of their previous hit “You’re just teasing me”.)

Willie Wright - Lack of education - Hotel / EX/EX / £50 (Includes the lovely folksy “Too soon to know”.)

Willie Wright - I’m on my way - Argo / EX/VG+ / £20 (Folk album. Cover back shows signs of aging, turned yellow and has some darker stains.)

West Wing — s/t — 20th Century / EX/VG+ / £45 (Rare and great Barry White produced album. Versions of “Have a nice weekend baby” and “I’m gonna love you just a little bit more” is standouts to me. Cover in great shape except one cut corner, and on back a small removed sticker mark and neat scotch tape.)

Special Edition Band - At last… - G.S.P. / Universal Sound / EX/EX / £40 (As new copy! Original with Masterfonics stamp in dead wax. Musically the main thing for me is the three beautiful slowies featured on the youtube links below..)

Leon Thomas - Blues and the soulful truth - Flying Dutchman / EX/VG+ / £25 (Classic album filled with soul and jazzy tracks. Cover just shy of EX with some very light general wear.)

Various Artists - KYYX FM Seattle Grown - O’Day Broadcasting / EX/EX / £25 (Mixed artist collection of local Seattle artists. The standout being Epicentre “Get off the phone” which was featured on a compilation just out. With Bernadette Bascom on vocals.)

Sandy Barber - The best is yet to come - Olde World / EX/EX / £25 (White label promo copy. Front cover has a “Great Music Hunt”-sticker.)

Zinga - s/t - My Disc / EX/EX / £20 (Including the funky disco workout “Check me out”.“Give the gift of music”-sticker on back cover.)

Exportations - Meet the Exportations - UA / VG+/EX / £20 (Including the smooth modern soul dancer “Fell in love too late”. Vinyl just shy of EX with some super light sleeve marks not affecting play. Cover has cut corner.)

Bernard Wright - ‘Nard - Arista / EX/EX / £18 (As new copy in shrink.)

Wynd Chymes - Pretty girls, everywhere - Rca / EX/EX / £18 (Tiny cut out saw mark.)

Luther - This close to you - Cotillion / EX/EX / £18 (Lovely copy only flaw is a tiny cut out. With “Don’t wanna be your fool”.)

Tomorrow’s Edition - A song for everyone - Atlantic / EX/VG+ / £15 (With “Part time love”,  in full 5:23 version unlike the 45. Cover EX except tiny tear and residue from a removed price tag sticker.)

Jean Terrell - I had to fall in love - A&M / EX/VG+ / £15 (Classic title filled with disco and modern soul goodies. White promo, cover has promo sticker on front and tear on back from a removed sticker.)

Lesbian Concentrate - A Lesbianthology of songs and poems - Olivia / EX/EX / £12 (Various artist compilation from the Olivia label. If I were a woman I’d be lesbian too. One corner is slightly creased but I still grade it as EX as it’s as new apart from that.)

Randy Brown - Check it out - Stax / EX/EX / £10 (Includes the superb 2 stepper “Two fools”.)

Marcia Hines - Marcia Shines - Wizard / VG/VG / £8 (Not the best copy, vinyl has a warp and light marks. The cover ring wear, general wear and a tiny tear from sticker. The good news is “You gotta let go” plays clean.)

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!