Reconsider?

Guest Dirk Tiggler

It was a 90's discovery wasn't it, Chris King?  I can remember the white label 45's appearing.  It's proper title btw is 'Think It Over (Before You break My Heart).

I had the first copy ! Got it off the bloke who did them in Detroit, this wasn't Kingy,  was with Tats and he played it to us, I identified it as Brenda Holloway. 

It was first played at Ian & Mellisa Bullochs Wedding reception at the Winding Wheel in Chesterfield July 4th 1992 ! We had literately got off the plane from the States ! I then hammered it at The Hollingwood 3 months before copies arrived for sale in the UK !

Rob

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I had the first copy ! Got it off the bloke who did them in Detroit, this wasn't Kingy,  was with Tats and he played it to us, I identified it as Brenda Holloway. 

It was first played at Ian & Mellisa Bullochs Wedding reception at the Winding Wheel in Chesterfield July 4th 1992 ! We had literately got off the plane from the States ! I then hammered it at The Hollingwood 3 months before copies arrived for sale in the UK !

Rob

That fits in to my timetable Rob I first played it at Blackburn Tony.s and Keele March n April 1993  and I remember  Neil CLOWES  the one he gave me  was out of the first copies arriving.Keep on Trucking.

mick Lyons

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Rob

Remember you playing at Hollingwood mate, first time i'd heard it - crikey 22 years ago :ohmy:  where's that gone?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Rob

SUPER Rob...!x So who sent me a copy out of that first batch?! I got it around March/April of '93 same time Mick got his from Neil! Sent anonymously via royal mail!!x

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

Social source share

If we are splitting hairs, I didn't actually PLAY the record that night, Dave Manlove was doing the disco on the night (Brother of Graham & Keith) and I gave it him to play whilst I danced ! LOL

Rob

I knew you had it early and played it at the Hollingwood, didn't realise or remember it being the first. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Rob

and thats where i will have heard it ,,at the  chesterfield do`s..around the later part of 92

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Rob

it also ties in with what i said.. i bought mine from dave appleyard in  last week of feb 1993.. my 1st ever dj spot ..and they were still smokin hot..you could still smell it.. and dottie and millie for a tenner.. 

i heard it at the hollingwood in chesterfield which i never missed at that time

• Helpful 1
Social source share

hi chalky the lp was done same time as rob Marriott ran the swan hotel nighters in Mansfield  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  

....hmmm....and I was in Mansfield when I got my copy of the LP.....without cover but wiv insert!!!!! Still none the wiser as to who I should thank tho'....!x

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

...off to chew on a stick of Clacton rock......I like mystery's....!x

Social source share

Remember it well Steve.  John Kingan went and got his and my copy on a wednesday I think it was before they sold out.

John Kingan.....well that's nice of him Chalky!x He din't get me one and he did give me some suuuper tips and tunes during me time! I think I came across John a couple of years back via Ebay....super guy and hope he's well!x I'd have thanked him and he knows it!x So...i was sent one after they hit Mansfield.....within about 2 weeks! Wilko weren't it...nor John.....or Rob/Robbie who was gonna have a sex change but not then a year or two later! Not Rob Smith as we dealt face to face always....or Kev Roberts cos I asked him! Rob Wigley's pulling the 5th amendment....so who sent me it..........?!.....frustrated of Cambs!x

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

If anyone is still in contact with Pete Lowrie he will give you all the details about Reconsider,The Andantes,that's a funny and The instrumental all of the time.

Social source share

If anyone is still in contact with Pete Lowrie he will give you all the details about Reconsider,The Andantes,that's a funny and The instrumental all of the time.

pete lowrie had them 1st didnt he..... along with the andantes thats a funny way done by the guy who did the thelma releases.. from the info i have the other white labels were done by soussan..some years earlier... before selling the original acetates.. he taped them booted them then let anglo american have the stock..saying he had permission.... which he probably hadnt lol

Social source share

your absolutley correct my friend it was in fact pete who discovered the tune.i can confirm ...sorry if that upsets the i know the crack boys.

Edited by stanley
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest tommymac

i got my copy of all the time and reconsider from pete lowrie at one of the carlisle nighters that were held at the hilltop hotel carlisle in early eighties plus i got something else as well but it wasnt adantes but cant remember what it was

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

i got my copy of all the time and reconsider from pete lowrie at one of the carlisle nighters that were held at the hilltop hotel carlisle in early eighties plus i got rsomething else as well but it wasnt adantes but cant remember what it was

Exactly,I thought it was the Swallow hotel but hey oh,came up with Gary Spencer and picked copies up defo 80,s

Social source share

...jeeez...there's more new lines of inquiry opening......I was narrowing it down to Mansfield area.....now Pete Lowri's 'network' is thrown in there.....?!x

Dirk Tiggler.....as originator of this thread....I hope you are happy invading me life with your need to be sure.....!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

Dear Santa.....please leave the name in my stocking of who sent the record Reconsider to me in Marchish 1993 which I took Nationwide so I can send them a thank you note for making my 2014 so....exciting!x

@@

~

Social source share

The where a lot of copy's of Reconsider, at Cala Gran when Brenda appeared  in 98. Plain white lable with the Printed title in a box. They looked a dam lot better than the Gladys Knight / Jimmy Ruffin plain white boots knocking about at the same time. Rod

the original press from late 92 had the box.. same as the chris clark do i love you...then there was a plain off white/ blue press about 95..cant remember seeing loads of others in 98

Social source share

...jeeez...there's more new lines of inquiry opening......I was narrowing it down to Mansfield area.....now Pete Lowri's 'network' is thrown in there.....?!x

Dirk Tiggler.....as originator of this thread....I hope you are happy invading me life with your need to be sure.....!x

LUV

SOOTY

X

Dear Santa.....please leave the name in my stocking of who sent the record Reconsider to me in Marchish 1993 which I took Nationwide so I can send them a thank you note for making my 2014 so....exciting!x

@@

~

pete lowrie for sure

Social source share

pete lowrie for sure

Thanx Dave for your believable suggestion.....and I know Pete's name....but can't picture him at present...sorry!x I was at the time 'unique' to some degree as being a Suvverner as such....not many had mingled/developed relations 'Nationwide' as I did! It meant I made friends with many 'networks' and their 'group/in crowd'! I can't remember where Pete was based and how we knew each other....but we did....that i;m sure!x However.....during my time....there wasn't 1 record supplier...Promoter....or DJ....Nationally...whom I didin't get on with given the chance! That's what veered me towards Richard Serling....Chris King....Kev Roberts etc as the supplier as they stayed well clear of me during the 90's 'surge' we created and it was only after i;d left the scene that we struck up the friendships we have today! They would have sent it anonymously....but I can't think of anyone else who would needed to have done!x It isn't just that tune....all the double sider Motowns were sent anonymously too...in advance I recall!x As said...interesting!x

@@

~

L:UV

SOOTY

X

Edit...Neil Clowes has been mentioned....and he stayed away from me too!x I can't believe he would have sent me one as his Keele nights from '93-96 were ruined i;'m sure because of countless folk going up to him all night asking 'When's Sooty getting a spot...?!'....I sent many...hehe!!x He held out which with hindsight gets my respect....but he wouldn't have sent me the tune....I don;t think!x

@@

~

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!