E-Bay Restriction To Access Certain Items

Tlscapital

I have had this for a long while of a time actually; post-19710-0-53524200-1411826623_thumb.p

That reads like this for those who can't enlarge the image: Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Would anyone know how to pass round that restriction or what is it really due to ?

Cheers, Tim

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Don't know what naughty stuff you tried to see. But if certain items aren't allowed to be sold in your own country you don't have access. E.g. as a german Ebay user all Third Reich/Nazi stuff is blocked.

Hmm, I'm getting weary... try this one for example (item 261598411131) and tell me if there is something not politically correct with the item, it's description or the seller ??? Is it really to do in accordance with my country (Belgium) or is it something else ? What has Billy Stewart done to upset the Belgian authorities ? I read like everyone else I believe and understand that maybe this seller has intentionally (or unwillingly with the last very annoying putting on e-bay process that needs to be tamed) block bidders from certain countries like Belgium. Could it be that ? It would just read "do not ship to such and such countries" I'd have guess ?

Social source share

Hmm, I'm getting weary... try this one for example (item 261598411131) and tell me if there is something not politically correct with the item, it's description or the seller ??? Is it really to do in accordance with my country (Belgium) or is it something else ? What has Billy Stewart done to upset the Belgian authorities ? I read like everyone else I believe and understand that maybe this seller has intentionally (or unwillingly with the last very annoying putting on e-bay process that needs to be tamed) block bidders from certain countries like Belgium. Could it be that ? It would just read "do not ship to such and such countries" I'd have guess ?

I see the guy only posts to the US so maybe something to do with that. Where in Belgium do you live ?

Social source share

I'm based in Brussels Chris, I'm Timmy 'put a dime (on D-9)' that you met in Leuven at the Leuven Soul Nighter  :thumbsup:

Hi Timmy, yes I'm guessing it's because seller only ships within the US :(  Funny enough, that Rotations got played (instrumental) at Hitsville in Mojacar last week, I knew I'd heard in Belgium but couldn't remember how/when, am seeing Sven Monday, they'll be records exchanging hands.

Social source share

This intrigued me, so I did a little searching online and found a couple of mentions of the problem being browser specific. Some say it's specific to Internet Explorer, while other say they've had the problem with Firefox and Chrome.

If you are using Firefox or Chrome, try with Internet Explorer. If you're using Internet Explorer, the problem may be down to the browser's language settings as is suggested by the short eBay forum discussion found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Technical-Issues/I-get-messages-saying-quot-Unfortunately-access-to-this/qaq-p/11363713

Social source share

e bay(Europe) was fined millions of euros several years ago taken to court by the perfume+fashion houses so in Europe anything with a trade name is met with the ? is it real try to list a levi Jackson you will get the ? or refused hence the playboys rejection its a trade name fed in the system, elsewhere in the big wide world its the sellers who's responsible so not as strict in listing, I don't know what your track was but it could be the reason

Social source share

Well, after all that after-math, I guess it's all because of Billy Stewart. Maybe I have a case and will win the Jack-pot… Since the Evil-bay will shadow my options I will toss my zillions dollars on other auction sites…  :)

Timmy, I got into the item no problem, didn't bid on it though, I might win it !! :ohmy:

Social source share

Timmy, I got into the item no problem, didn't bid on it though, I might win it !! :ohmy:

Well, I posted this quest looking for a cheap original but playing strong copy for a friend (see 'wants' section here) and this thing happened to me again trying to look at that evil-bay item. But on a small side picture it didn't look in good shape anyway.

Otherwise I still don't understand why I can't access some items on the evil-bay.

Social source share

Did you try a different browser and if you were using IE, did you change the language settings as per the link?

This intrigued me, so I did a little searching online and found a couple of mentions of the problem being browser specific. Some say it's specific to Internet Explorer, while other say they've had the problem with Firefox and Chrome.

If you are using Firefox or Chrome, try with Internet Explorer. If you're using Internet Explorer, the problem may be down to the browser's language settings as is suggested by the short eBay forum discussion found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Technical-Issues/I-get-messages-saying-quot-Unfortunately-access-to-this/qaq-p/11363713

Actually I'm on mac, loved it (before all the i-things & me.com…) & hate it now (pod, pad…pud?!), hipster brand of gadgets nowadays but back on the subject wether I use Safari, Opera or Firefox, the problem remains. Now I'm connected on an office line that first goes through a server that is highly protected with Firewalls and other security devices. Could that be the problem ? But then why on some sellers items and not others ?

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

I'm also in a Mac household and agree with your sentiment.

Looking further online, everything seems to point to language settings. Most forum discussions suggest changing the language settings of the specific browser being used. However, as you're getting the same problem across multiple browsers, it might be worth changing the language settings of your Mac.

System preferences -> Language & text.

It seems a long shot, but worth a try.

Going off on a different tangent, might this seller have blocked you? Don't know what happens if someone does that, so probably absolutely nothing to do with the problem whatsoever.

Social source share

Well, I posted this quest looking for a cheap original but playing strong copy for a friend (see 'wants' section here) and this thing happened to me again trying to look at that evil-bay item. But on a small side picture it didn't look in good shape anyway.

Otherwise I still don't understand why I can't access some items on the evil-bay.

Seek and thou shall find, it's not rare so keep trying you will get one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert