Morcambe Niter

Guest Soultown andy

Guest Soultown andy

With such a lot of good venues on this weekend,was suprised to see so many people at this on sunday nite about 450 which was about the same as last time.This was the only event i made it to this weekend so was down in morcambe early afternoon for a few beers with geoff and sue claxton,who had already started on the ale before i got here at 4pm.KRs nites arent everybodys cup of tea so musicaly you know what you are going to get but with richard searling,soul sam,mick h,shaun chapman,kenny burrel,bob hinsley,kev roberts,ginger, neil jones,nige brown and a modern room it was still one of the best lineups of the weekend.There was a que at the door when we got to the venue which is always a good sign, the record bar was very busy the dance floor was packed all nite.Musicaly its was pretty much what you would expect and not for the pureists,but those there were all enjoyin it,so its horses for courses.All in all had a good nite in good company and a lot of alcohol,thanks to ste from bradford and geoff and sue claxton for makeing it well worth the trip and it was great to see mr searling back spinning in the northern room :yes: .

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

With such a lot of good venues on this weekend,was suprised to see so many people at this on sunday nite about 450 which was about the same as last time.This was the only event i made it to this weekend so was down in morcambe early afternoon for a few beers with geoff and sue claxton,who had already started on the ale before i got here at 4pm.KRs nites arent everybodys cup of tea so musicaly you know what you are going to get but with richard searling,soul sam,mick h,shaun chapman,kenny burrel,bob hinsley,kev roberts,ginger, neil jones,nige brown and a modern room it was still one of the best lineups of the weekend.There was a que at the door when we got to the venue which is always a good sign, the record bar was very busy the dance floor was packed all nite.Musicaly its was pretty much what you would expect and not for the pureists,but those there were all enjoyin it,so its horses for courses.All in all had a good nite in good company and a lot of alcohol,thanks to ste from bradford and geoff and sue claxton for makeing it well worth the trip and it was great to see mr searling back spinning in the northern room :yes: .

Here Here Andy could"nt have said it better myself was at the 1st one will be at the next one and the next one and so on this is a great venue for me along with the the very friendly people that attend this venue and not forgetting the music which was spot on IMO..

Malc

Guest Andy..

Here Here Andy could"nt have said it better myself was at the 1st one will be at the next one and the next one and so on this is a great venue for me along with the the very friendly people that attend this venue and not forgetting the music which was spot on IMO..

Malc

well said' should be on more than twice a year. (roll on middleton " 2 weeks to recover")

well said' should be on more than twice a year. (roll on middleton " 2 weeks to recover")

Yes m8 see you on the 9th looking forward to it as always...yes could very easily fill Morecambe if they had more venues per yr everyone i spoke to enjoys it such a freindly atmosphere and thats important.

Malc

Guest Andy..

Yes m8 see you on the 9th looking forward to it as always...yes could very easily fill Morecambe if they had more venues per yr everyone i spoke to enjoys it such a freindly atmosphere and thats important.

Malc

also 1st time i have danced in a modern room.( must be on the change lol)

glad you enjoyed the modern room andy

it was a great night

great reception in there and a great crowd too

mixed bag and thoroughly enjoyed myself spinning choons for the 3 hours doesnt time fly when youre enjoying yourself!!!!

i think there may be one on for next easter but watch this space as they say

cheers sean oconnor

Source Advert