Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Mark Res

Mark Rez Reduced Set Sales/Northern/Modern/Latin/Rocksteady/Ska/R&B

Please contact me for reservations / further item info / mp3s and/or pics etc either by PM thru the Soul Source site or via email on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

Please pay me via BACS in the UK if at all possible - but - I am ok to accept Paypal in the UK (and overseas) *IF* buyers are willing to pay the charges @ 5%

I *cannot* accept Paypal "Gift" / "Friends and Family" / "Personal Payment Owed" etc etc - I've been blocked from doing so for years and years!

I will quote Total price/s with my reply to your order / enquiry. Please let me know which country you are in when you contact me too...saves a lot of time

Chqs / Cash / PO's (crossed) also accepted in UK.

Shipping costs are extra, please ask for details - "generally" happy to ship anywhere globally with just a few obvious exceptions

- ALL Overseas orders valued at £5 or more MUST ship using International Signed For / Tracked mail.

- ALL UK orders MUST be sent using Signed For mail.

Everything I sell is strictly graded. I use the Record Collector standard / key - as outlined below - not the Goldmine scale..!!

M is ONLY for reissues / new releases / sealed records
M- is a pretty much unplayed record for me - any obvious signs that a record has been played and I usually downgrade to an Ex+
EX+ is a very strong grade for me - just showing some signs of being played but no noise / cue burn / crackle / styrene burn at all.
VG+ is for records that have obviously seen some wear and have had a good few plays and may even have light intro crackle but play very, very well.
VG is for records with quite a bit of wear and surface markings and some noise / crackle but still a very good player
VG- is my lowest grade and VG- records for me are in bad shape - lots of sound quality deterioration and many, many surface marks - not nice.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jimmy Williams / I’m So Lost / Walking On Air / Atlantic (black) / UK / 1965 / M- / £10

Immaculate black label copy of this highly-collected Atlantic release – very, very tough to find as clean as this...

The Artistics / Nothing But Heartaches (Keep Haunting Me) / You Make Me Happy / Brunswick / USA / 1968 / M- / £10

Yet another cracking Brunswick double-sider this list – immaculate shape – small (clean) drill-hole, nothing more...

Ray Agee / We’re Drifting Apart / Your Precious Love / Celeste / USA / 1960s / M- / £12

Did you know that Ray was one of seventeen (yes, 17!) siblings..!? I’m surprised he was even able to find a pair of pants to put on in the morning, never mind churning out wonderful R&B / early-Soul / Popcorn sounds like this...beautiful copy of a rare record on a RARE label...stunning sounds

Donald Richards / I Cried For Your Love / Hello Operator / Chex / USA / 1960s / M- / £15

Very, very obscure Northern double-sider outta Detroit – very little info available, absolutely and totally Mint

Roger James Four / Leave Me Alone / Columbia / UK / 1965 / Ex / £15

Rare, rare UK-only Mod / Beat 45 – my first-ever copy – highly collectable – in correct (green and white) Columbia custom sleeve, fantastic sound – would go very well played before or after The Standells Dirty Water from a few entries back, eh?

The Exotics / Big Time Charlie / Like You Hurt Me / Coral / USA / 1960s / VG / £8

Cool yellow-black Demo copy of this Popcorn / early-Soul double-sider – some scuffs but plays beautifully – minimal WOL – extra pic available – must be rare...!

Lee Perry & The Silvertones / Dub A Pum Pum / Kill The Music / Dip / UK / 1974 / M- / £8

Killer Scratch double-sider – flip is credited to The Upsyndicates – dinked middle but clean labels, can’t wait to see the film about this guy’s life this autumn – gonna be amazing

The Dilpomats / I’m So Glad I Found You / I Can Give You Love / Dynamo / USA / 1968 / Ex / £15

Classic NYC double-sider – few scuffs – minimal – nice copy – tiny WOL to topside...fun fact, these guys went onto form the Skull Snaps in the early-70s and the rest, as they say, is history...

Dennis Alcapone / King Of Kings / Rod Of Righteousness / GG / UK / 1971 / VG+ / £8

Great early-DJ / Roots cut from Dennis A with the flip credited to The GG All-Stars – clean labels

The Impressions / Amen / Long, Long Winter / HMV / UK / 1965 / VG / £4

In it’s correct (red/white) HMV custom sleeve comes this delicious Impressions 45 – rough copy but plays extremely well – has been thru my VPI machine here, such a beautiful thing to own – tiny WOL, practically invisible

Barrino Brothers / When Love Was A Child / I Shall Not Be Moved / Invictus / USA / 1971 / M- / £20

Beautiful copy of a RARE double-sider from this much-vaunted Detroit outfit – immaculate shape – will try and find an Invictus custom sleeve to ship this in, kids...

Vernon & Jewels / The Thought Of You / Baby, You Got What It Takes / Kayo / USA / 1960s / VG- / £5

Clyde Otis side project here – appears to be very rare...this one looks like the proverbial dog’s dinner but, incredibly, actually plays like a VG+...hard to categorise – like a cross between R&B, Garage and Rock n’Roll – crazy 45 – some WOL and label rub to both sides, generally in rough shape – but – definitely has great merits musically....not selling this one to y’all very well, am I?

Jimmy Holiday & Clydie King / Ready, Willing and Able / We Got A Good Thing Goin' / Liberty / UK / 1967 / VG- / £12

Presented here in the correct (blue/white) Liberty custom sleeve – this copy is worn, folks, but, like a few others on this List, plays well above grade – like a VG – sure, there’s some background crackle and it looks rough but it plays great – dinked middle too and tiny WOL to flipside label...bargain - stunning Northern double-sider

Shirely Ellis / The Puzzle Song / I See It, I Like It, I Want It / London-American / UK / 1965 / Ex / £25

Beautiful yellow-black Demo copy of this rare and indemand Mod / 6T’s double-sider – in it’s correct London-American custom sleeve too, both sides = fantastic...

The Memphis Men / Act Naturally / Oh What A Night / Miramar / USA / 1960s / M- / £30

Guess where this lot come from then!? Yep, you guessed it...very, very rare early-Soul / Popcorn / R&B 7” which has a H-U-G-E following in Belgium – immaculate copy here with clean labels too – I think the issue is rare than the demo on this one too, sooooo hard to turn up as clean as this, believe me...

Madeline Bell / Picture Me Gone / I’m Gonna Make You Love Me / Mod / USA / 1968 / Ex / £12

NEVER seen this press before? Must be murder rare – guess it was on this label in the States first before it got picked up by Philips for nationwide distribution – beautiful copy here – some label rub and a few scuffs but still a belter – wow – still learning here, folks...

Dennis Brown / Here I Come / Head Shot / Morpheus / UK / 1977 / VG / £3

Some crackle / few scuffs - still plays nice – flip side is credited to Observers and it’s a Niney production

Bobby Fuller Four / The Magic Touch / My True Love / Mustang / USA / 1966 / VG+ / £15

Nice copy here – original deep red label design with black print and record company credits round bottom – lotsa scuffs but plays very cleanly with just a small company stamp to topside label – file next to Just Brothers/Sliced Tomatoes, N.F Porter/Keep On Keeping On etc, make sense? Never been easy to find on original...

Frankie Valli / You’re Ready Now / Philips / UK / 1966 / M- / £8

Immaculate copy – in correct Philips custom sleeve, Northern Soul’s DNA...

The Blossoms / That’s When The Tears Start / Good, Good Lovin / Reprise / USA / 1965 / VG- / £12

Rough copy - lotsa scuffs / crackle / plays all thru with no clicks - extra pics / mp3s available if needed – amazing NS double-sider – ever-indemand....

Big Maybelle / I Don’t Want To Cry / Yesterday’s Kisses / Sceptre / USA / 1964 / M- / £25

Great copy - barely played / minor label rub / DJ copy here, total and absolute classic...

Billy Webster & The Club Rockers / Jazz Jerk / Good People / Silver-Tone / 1960s / M- / £8

Great little ‘Jerk’ cut – gets spins on the Popcorn scene too – no surprises – it’s absolutely brilliant, immaculate shape – clean labels – stunner – my first-ever copy – indemand...obscure as hell, people...

Alder Ray Black / Just Because The Package’s Been Unwrapped... / Put Your Trust In Me / Sound Plus / USA / 1972 / M- / £6

Beautiful copy of a classic oldie here, 2 great sides – 100% clean in ever way...

The Shirelles / Everybody Loves A Lover / I Don’t Think So / Stateside / UK / 1960s / M- / £15

Beautiful, beautiful big ‘A’ red-white demo copy here in correct Stateside custom sleeve with a superb Van McCoy composition on the flip, so desirable...

The Ikettes / Peaches ‘N’ Cream / The Biggest Players / Stateside / UK / 1965 / Ex+ / £6

Nice copy - few scuffs / slight WOL / slight label rub – great oldie, great group...

James & Bobby Purify / Let Love Come Between Us / I Don’t Want To Have To Wait / Stateside / UK / 1967 / M- / £8

Tuff on UK, beautiful copy...in correct custom sleeve...immaculate in every way

Slim Smith / Never Let Go / Version / Studio One / Jamaica / 1981 / M- / £6

NYC yellow-red label press f– unplayed copy – immaculate cut/s

Lennie Hibbert / Montego Rock / Dub Rock / Jamaica / 1972 / M- / £12

Later-70s press of the 1972 original – on the Studio One red-white ‘rosette’ label design – from Lennie’s incredible More Creation LP...

Myrna Hague / What About Me / Version / Studio One / Jamaica / 1970s / M- / £12

Red-yellow, Fulton St address label issue for this immaculate slice of Reggae-got-Soul, shop stamp to label (faded) otherwise as fresh as the day it was pressed...

Ronnie Davie / You Turn Me Aroun’ / What Does It Matter To Me Now / Talmu / USA / 1960s / M- / £15

Immaculate copy of a (very) rare NYC uptempo dancer – seldom offered for sale – stunning double-sider – clean labels – beautiful item...

Junior Byles & Leroy Sibbles / Break Up To Make Up / I’m Sorry / Treasure Isle / Jamaica / 1973 / M- / £15

Stunning, stunning Reggae-got-Soul collaboration from two of JA’s sweetest voices here – absolutely beautiful item – nice rub on the flip from Tommy McCook’s All Stars and beautifully presented here on a totally clean Treasure Island Pre-release, wow–wow–wow...

Barbara Lynn / You Left The Water Running / Until I’m Free / Tribe / USA / 1966 / VG / £12

Lotsa scuffs but plays waaaaay above grade - slight label rub too – still a very fair price people, murder to find clean nowadays...

Willie Bobo / Shing‘A’Ling Baby / Juicy / Verve / USA / 1967 / M- / £10

Another wonderful Latin Soul / Funk double-sider this List – spanking yellow-black Demo copy here too...

Clara Ward / Help! / Smile / Verve / USA / 1966 / VG / £4

Rough copy / lotsa scuffs / label rub - but - plays absolutely fine – file next to The London Jazz Four, Ella Fitzgerald etc etc – catch my drift? Great Beatles cover version...

Mind Readers / Bitter Tears / Bet You Didn’t Know / Village Sounds / USA / 1960s / M- / £10

Still good demand for this cool little Xover double-sider, used to make £75 when it was REALLY hot about 15 years ago – clean copy – spotless labels, trust me...

End-of-List

Edited by Mark Res

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts