Mark Rez Reduced Set Sales/Northern/Modern/Latin/Rocksteady/Ska/R&B

Please contact me for reservations / further item info / mp3s and/or pics etc either by PM thru the Soul Source site or via email on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

Please pay me via BACS in the UK if at all possible - but - I am ok to accept Paypal in the UK (and overseas) *IF* buyers are willing to pay the charges @ 5%

I *cannot* accept Paypal "Gift" / "Friends and Family" / "Personal Payment Owed" etc etc - I've been blocked from doing so for years and years!

I will quote Total price/s with my reply to your order / enquiry. Please let me know which country you are in when you contact me too...saves a lot of time

Chqs / Cash / PO's (crossed) also accepted in UK.

Shipping costs are extra, please ask for details - "generally" happy to ship anywhere globally with just a few obvious exceptions

- ALL Overseas orders valued at £5 or more MUST ship using International Signed For / Tracked mail.

- ALL UK orders MUST be sent using Signed For mail.

Everything I sell is strictly graded. I use the Record Collector standard / key - as outlined below - not the Goldmine scale..!!

M is ONLY for reissues / new releases / sealed records
M- is a pretty much unplayed record for me - any obvious signs that a record has been played and I usually downgrade to an Ex+
EX+ is a very strong grade for me - just showing some signs of being played but no noise / cue burn / crackle / styrene burn at all.
VG+ is for records that have obviously seen some wear and have had a good few plays and may even have light intro crackle but play very, very well.
VG is for records with quite a bit of wear and surface markings and some noise / crackle but still a very good player
VG- is my lowest grade and VG- records for me are in bad shape - lots of sound quality deterioration and many, many surface marks - not nice.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jimmy Williams / I’m So Lost / Walking On Air / Atlantic (black) / UK / 1965 / M- / £10

Immaculate black label copy of this highly-collected Atlantic release – very, very tough to find as clean as this...

The Artistics / Nothing But Heartaches (Keep Haunting Me) / You Make Me Happy / Brunswick / USA / 1968 / M- / £10

Yet another cracking Brunswick double-sider this list – immaculate shape – small (clean) drill-hole, nothing more...

Ray Agee / We’re Drifting Apart / Your Precious Love / Celeste / USA / 1960s / M- / £12

Did you know that Ray was one of seventeen (yes, 17!) siblings..!? I’m surprised he was even able to find a pair of pants to put on in the morning, never mind churning out wonderful R&B / early-Soul / Popcorn sounds like this...beautiful copy of a rare record on a RARE label...stunning sounds

Donald Richards / I Cried For Your Love / Hello Operator / Chex / USA / 1960s / M- / £15

Very, very obscure Northern double-sider outta Detroit – very little info available, absolutely and totally Mint

Roger James Four / Leave Me Alone / Columbia / UK / 1965 / Ex / £15

Rare, rare UK-only Mod / Beat 45 – my first-ever copy – highly collectable – in correct (green and white) Columbia custom sleeve, fantastic sound – would go very well played before or after The Standells Dirty Water from a few entries back, eh?

The Exotics / Big Time Charlie / Like You Hurt Me / Coral / USA / 1960s / VG / £8

Cool yellow-black Demo copy of this Popcorn / early-Soul double-sider – some scuffs but plays beautifully – minimal WOL – extra pic available – must be rare...!

Lee Perry & The Silvertones / Dub A Pum Pum / Kill The Music / Dip / UK / 1974 / M- / £8

Killer Scratch double-sider – flip is credited to The Upsyndicates – dinked middle but clean labels, can’t wait to see the film about this guy’s life this autumn – gonna be amazing

The Dilpomats / I’m So Glad I Found You / I Can Give You Love / Dynamo / USA / 1968 / Ex / £15

Classic NYC double-sider – few scuffs – minimal – nice copy – tiny WOL to topside...fun fact, these guys went onto form the Skull Snaps in the early-70s and the rest, as they say, is history...

Dennis Alcapone / King Of Kings / Rod Of Righteousness / GG / UK / 1971 / VG+ / £8

Great early-DJ / Roots cut from Dennis A with the flip credited to The GG All-Stars – clean labels

The Impressions / Amen / Long, Long Winter / HMV / UK / 1965 / VG / £4

In it’s correct (red/white) HMV custom sleeve comes this delicious Impressions 45 – rough copy but plays extremely well – has been thru my VPI machine here, such a beautiful thing to own – tiny WOL, practically invisible

Barrino Brothers / When Love Was A Child / I Shall Not Be Moved / Invictus / USA / 1971 / M- / £20

Beautiful copy of a RARE double-sider from this much-vaunted Detroit outfit – immaculate shape – will try and find an Invictus custom sleeve to ship this in, kids...

Vernon & Jewels / The Thought Of You / Baby, You Got What It Takes / Kayo / USA / 1960s / VG- / £5

Clyde Otis side project here – appears to be very rare...this one looks like the proverbial dog’s dinner but, incredibly, actually plays like a VG+...hard to categorise – like a cross between R&B, Garage and Rock n’Roll – crazy 45 – some WOL and label rub to both sides, generally in rough shape – but – definitely has great merits musically....not selling this one to y’all very well, am I?

Jimmy Holiday & Clydie King / Ready, Willing and Able / We Got A Good Thing Goin' / Liberty / UK / 1967 / VG- / £12

Presented here in the correct (blue/white) Liberty custom sleeve – this copy is worn, folks, but, like a few others on this List, plays well above grade – like a VG – sure, there’s some background crackle and it looks rough but it plays great – dinked middle too and tiny WOL to flipside label...bargain - stunning Northern double-sider

Shirely Ellis / The Puzzle Song / I See It, I Like It, I Want It / London-American / UK / 1965 / Ex / £25

Beautiful yellow-black Demo copy of this rare and indemand Mod / 6T’s double-sider – in it’s correct London-American custom sleeve too, both sides = fantastic...

The Memphis Men / Act Naturally / Oh What A Night / Miramar / USA / 1960s / M- / £30

Guess where this lot come from then!? Yep, you guessed it...very, very rare early-Soul / Popcorn / R&B 7” which has a H-U-G-E following in Belgium – immaculate copy here with clean labels too – I think the issue is rare than the demo on this one too, sooooo hard to turn up as clean as this, believe me...

Madeline Bell / Picture Me Gone / I’m Gonna Make You Love Me / Mod / USA / 1968 / Ex / £12

NEVER seen this press before? Must be murder rare – guess it was on this label in the States first before it got picked up by Philips for nationwide distribution – beautiful copy here – some label rub and a few scuffs but still a belter – wow – still learning here, folks...

Dennis Brown / Here I Come / Head Shot / Morpheus / UK / 1977 / VG / £3

Some crackle / few scuffs - still plays nice – flip side is credited to Observers and it’s a Niney production

Bobby Fuller Four / The Magic Touch / My True Love / Mustang / USA / 1966 / VG+ / £15

Nice copy here – original deep red label design with black print and record company credits round bottom – lotsa scuffs but plays very cleanly with just a small company stamp to topside label – file next to Just Brothers/Sliced Tomatoes, N.F Porter/Keep On Keeping On etc, make sense? Never been easy to find on original...

Frankie Valli / You’re Ready Now / Philips / UK / 1966 / M- / £8

Immaculate copy – in correct Philips custom sleeve, Northern Soul’s DNA...

The Blossoms / That’s When The Tears Start / Good, Good Lovin / Reprise / USA / 1965 / VG- / £12

Rough copy - lotsa scuffs / crackle / plays all thru with no clicks - extra pics / mp3s available if needed – amazing NS double-sider – ever-indemand....

Big Maybelle / I Don’t Want To Cry / Yesterday’s Kisses / Sceptre / USA / 1964 / M- / £25

Great copy - barely played / minor label rub / DJ copy here, total and absolute classic...

Billy Webster & The Club Rockers / Jazz Jerk / Good People / Silver-Tone / 1960s / M- / £8

Great little ‘Jerk’ cut – gets spins on the Popcorn scene too – no surprises – it’s absolutely brilliant, immaculate shape – clean labels – stunner – my first-ever copy – indemand...obscure as hell, people...

Alder Ray Black / Just Because The Package’s Been Unwrapped... / Put Your Trust In Me / Sound Plus / USA / 1972 / M- / £6

Beautiful copy of a classic oldie here, 2 great sides – 100% clean in ever way...

The Shirelles / Everybody Loves A Lover / I Don’t Think So / Stateside / UK / 1960s / M- / £15

Beautiful, beautiful big ‘A’ red-white demo copy here in correct Stateside custom sleeve with a superb Van McCoy composition on the flip, so desirable...

The Ikettes / Peaches ‘N’ Cream / The Biggest Players / Stateside / UK / 1965 / Ex+ / £6

Nice copy - few scuffs / slight WOL / slight label rub – great oldie, great group...

James & Bobby Purify / Let Love Come Between Us / I Don’t Want To Have To Wait / Stateside / UK / 1967 / M- / £8

Tuff on UK, beautiful copy...in correct custom sleeve...immaculate in every way

Slim Smith / Never Let Go / Version / Studio One / Jamaica / 1981 / M- / £6

NYC yellow-red label press f– unplayed copy – immaculate cut/s

Lennie Hibbert / Montego Rock / Dub Rock / Jamaica / 1972 / M- / £12

Later-70s press of the 1972 original – on the Studio One red-white ‘rosette’ label design – from Lennie’s incredible More Creation LP...

Myrna Hague / What About Me / Version / Studio One / Jamaica / 1970s / M- / £12

Red-yellow, Fulton St address label issue for this immaculate slice of Reggae-got-Soul, shop stamp to label (faded) otherwise as fresh as the day it was pressed...

Ronnie Davie / You Turn Me Aroun’ / What Does It Matter To Me Now / Talmu / USA / 1960s / M- / £15

Immaculate copy of a (very) rare NYC uptempo dancer – seldom offered for sale – stunning double-sider – clean labels – beautiful item...

Junior Byles & Leroy Sibbles / Break Up To Make Up / I’m Sorry / Treasure Isle / Jamaica / 1973 / M- / £15

Stunning, stunning Reggae-got-Soul collaboration from two of JA’s sweetest voices here – absolutely beautiful item – nice rub on the flip from Tommy McCook’s All Stars and beautifully presented here on a totally clean Treasure Island Pre-release, wow–wow–wow...

Barbara Lynn / You Left The Water Running / Until I’m Free / Tribe / USA / 1966 / VG / £12

Lotsa scuffs but plays waaaaay above grade - slight label rub too – still a very fair price people, murder to find clean nowadays...

Willie Bobo / Shing‘A’Ling Baby / Juicy / Verve / USA / 1967 / M- / £10

Another wonderful Latin Soul / Funk double-sider this List – spanking yellow-black Demo copy here too...

Clara Ward / Help! / Smile / Verve / USA / 1966 / VG / £4

Rough copy / lotsa scuffs / label rub - but - plays absolutely fine – file next to The London Jazz Four, Ella Fitzgerald etc etc – catch my drift? Great Beatles cover version...

Mind Readers / Bitter Tears / Bet You Didn’t Know / Village Sounds / USA / 1960s / M- / £10

Still good demand for this cool little Xover double-sider, used to make £75 when it was REALLY hot about 15 years ago – clean copy – spotless labels, trust me...

End-of-List

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!