Everything's Tuesday - Tuesday, September 12th

GordonS

For some reason I keep forgetting to get more involved on Soul-Source. Just posted it in the calendar, but hope you don't mind me doubling up in the forum.

If anyone isn't aware of Everything's Tuesday, we'll be coming up to the 6th Anniversary in February (as long as it gets enough support to make it worthwhile)

Thanks again to Dave D and Geoff Swallow from Bolton Soul Club for keeping Everything's Tuesday going last month whilst I was away on holiday.

The World Cup has been and gone, the cricket season is just about over and the kids are back at school so with dark evenings on their way back it's time to treat yourself to some high quality soul music in the middle of the week.

This month, we welcome one of the stalwarts of the scene and fellow Yorkshireman, Julian Bentley. If keen cricketer Julian were not a few years older than me (he's in his early thirties whilst I'm in my mid twenties - if you believe that, you'll believe owt!!!!!) we'd have probably played each other at schools level, but Julian was much more dedicated and talented than me.

Julian is guaranteed to lay down some superb northern soul and the freedom of the format Everything's Tuesday, means that I'm looking forward immensely. From me you will get true across the board soul from the early classics right up to the quality recent releases.

Entry donation on the door is £1 but as Everything's Tuesday is about the love of soul music and not profit, and to celebrate that I'm 21 again this month, there will be a free raffle with some tasty prizes.

Doors open 8pm and the bar staff like to be out of the building by midnight so we start packing up at 11.30pm - a soulful satisfying way to spend your Tuesday evening.

Horwich RMI Club is very easy to find - map at www.soulfulhorwich.org.uk and click on the location map link.

Gordon

07787 948671

• Replies 0
  • Views 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Source Advert