Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Dayo

Profiles - Giant Step

On the basis that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask:

When was the Profiles first played out?  My time on the scene was the 1970's and I don't ever remember hearing it, but then it seems to have been around forever and my memory is doing all kinds of crazy things at the moment.

I guess it's a well overplayed oldie, but it still makes me smile.

Many thanks

I don't think it was played in the 70s or early 80s. My first recollections of it would be Lowton and Prestwich in the mid to late 1990s but may have had earlier plays at all-nighters.

The memorable thing about this record for me is hearing it on Peter Kay's TV prog Phoenix Nights or something similar. Three of the main characters were hurtling along in a car with Take a Giant Step blaring out. Someone was shouting over the music just as the silent break starts , deafening the others. Can anyone confirm this in case I'm imagining the whole thing.

Rick

was played at most nighters for about 6 months 1990,first remember it being played at guys Blackburn nighters

although sure it would of been played before that

most copies had damaged labels and as chalky said quite easy to pick up at that time

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts