Hesitations, Velvelettes, Formations + more on rare pic sleeve releases

Karlm

PM to reserve!

Motown/Northern/R&B/60’s club soul – European presses

IMG_6431

(a couple from the pic sold, all the available ones in the listing below)

Dutch

Velvelettes – He was really sayin’ Somethin’ – Motown/Artone / EXEX / £125 (Pic sleeve release. GO 42.597 Motown/Artone map label.)

Velvelettes – He was really sayin’ Somethin’ – Tamla Motown/Artone / EXEX / £100 (GO 42.597 pic sleeve release.)

Hesitations – Soul superman / I’m not built this way – Kapp/Negram / VG+/EX / £100 (Pic sleeve is of the green/white variation with no red print.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMD90jTl6_g

Winstons – Color him father / Amen, brother – Negram/Metromedia / EX/EX / £100 (Pic sleeve.)

Show Stoppers – Ain’t nothin’ but a houseparty / What can a man do – Sark / EX/EX / £80 (Pic sleeve has a small tippex:ed area, white on white so still looks neat. Rarer than the Norway release John Manship auctioned, and with a prettier sleeve.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_3zoNsOJg

Martha & The Vandellas – Nowhere to run / Motoring – Tamla Motown/Artone / EX/EX / £40 (Rare first release of “Nowhere to run” and with different flipside to the Holland re-release. With pic sleeve.)

Ray Charles – I don’t need no doctor – Artone / EX/EX / £40 (Pic sleeve.)

Jackie Wilson – The who who song / Since you showed me how to be happy – Coral / EX/EX / £40 (Pic sleeve.)

Radiants – It ain’t no big thing – Chess International/Artone / EX/G / £35 (Pic sleeve in clean condition but has a 1,5×1,5 cut hole in the center.)

Oscar Brown Jr. – Work song / Dat dere – CBS / EX/EX / £35 (Pic sleeve.)

Kenny Bernard – Ain’t no soul (Left in these ole shoes) – Pye / EX/EX / £30 (Pic sleeve.)

Gene Chandler – Nothing can stop me – Stateside / EX / £30 (Complete with company sleeve.)

Showmen – It will stand – Imperial / EX / £20 (Complete with company sleeve. Both sides of the label has tear + distributor or store stamps. One label side has a Not For Sale stamp on top of that and the other side has a R written with filt pen on top of that.)

Impressions – Can’t satisfy – Artone / VG+/EX / £20 (Pic sleeve. Date written on label.)

Capitols – Cool jerk – Capitol / EX / £15 (Complete with company sleeve. Not For Sale stamp on label.)

German

Jackie Wilson – I get the sweetest feeling – Coral / EX/VG+ / £40 (Pic sleeve has two small tears. The identical back is clean.)

Bobby Paris – Per-So-Naly – Polydor / EX/EX / £30 (Pic sleeve.)

Formations – At the top of the stairs – MGM / EX/EX / £30 (White demo with pic sleeve.)

French

Little Willie John – Uh uh baby – Disques Vogue / EX / £30 (Complete with company sleeve.)

Bobby Freeman – S.w.i.m. – Disques Vogue / EX / £15 (Complete with company sleeve.)

Italian

Martha & The Vandellas – Quicksand / Darling I hum our song – Durium Marche Estere / EX/EX £30 (Italian press with a lovely pic sleeve showing the girls in the group.)

Edited by KarlM
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!