cheatin kind

Kempy

Apparently there were 50 Don gardner cheatin kind singles released with the stamped in matrix, recording taken from a master,  also the sound quality is far superior to the one that comes with the lp, so i`m told

( quote) The fact that original copies of Cheatin' Kind are rare means that is not accessible to everyone's collections. What's more at least Don Gardner himself will be and has been paid royalties from the "legit reissue" which he personally licensed himself via Tramp records. Is there proof of this.?

Social source share

On 11/28/2016 at 21:40, Peter99 said:

The point is you don't. Unless you're prepared to travel. If you're not then stick to your nostalgia nights with boring dj's playing boots of the top five hundred wanky northern records - probably half of which aren't even soul records. 

where would you go to hear the track i posted peter ,and not all dj's played originals back in the day ,wheres your photo from on your profile

used to get all over chalky as we went to the same venues 

and yes tatoodave been to the 100 club quite a few times years ago but not recent still think springfield hotel is up there at the top for me for quality

Social source share

2 hours ago, 3b48 said:

Apparently there were 50 Don gardner cheatin kind singles released with the stamped in matrix, recording taken from a master,  also the sound quality is far superior to the one that comes with the lp, so i`m told

( quote) The fact that original copies of Cheatin' Kind are rare means that is not accessible to everyone's collections. What's more at least Don Gardner himself will be and has been paid royalties from the "legit reissue" which he personally licensed himself via Tramp records. Is there proof of this.?

My profile picture is either Cleethorpes Winter Gardens or Clifton Hall from memory - probably Cleethorpes. 

Social source share

19 hours ago, micks2825 said:

peter ,and not all dj's played originals back in the day ,wheres your photo from on your profile

Of course they didn't mate. My profile picture is from either Cleethorpes Winter Gardens or Clifton Hall. Did you go to either? Do we know each othet? Where are you from Mick? So many questions, so little time. 

:g:

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Of course they didn't mate. My profile picture is from either Cleethorpes Winter Gardens or Clifton Hall. Did you go to either? Do we know each othet? Where are you from Mick? So many questions, so little time. 

:g:

yes went to wigan and winter gardens also went to clifton hall ,m shaxted

Social source share

On 29/11/2016 at 20:29, 3b48 said:

"50" thats some random number thats been given you?! Not sure who told you that the "bootleg" with the stamped matrix has far superior quality to the " legit issue" but sounds like a sales pitch to me, was it a friend of the bootlegger by any chance? Like i say I before I reckon its who was behind producing all those lookalike boots (Sam Williams, Billy Woods etc..) that caused so much controversy months back. Need to ask yourself how did they get a master and is the production legal i.e. authorized by Don Gardner. Seeing though Don himself is still alive and probably knows nothing about it (lets face he didnt know anything about the originals being made at the time all them years back!) As for the LP + "legit reissue" , on the album "The Story of Don Gardner" it says, I quote

"Licensed from Don Gardner/Produced for re-issue by Tobias Kirmayer/Mastering by Alex Klier @LXK Studios/Distributed by Kudos records (World) (P) & (C) Tramp Records 2014. Made In Germany. All Rights Reserved. Unuathorized copying, reproduction, hiring, lending, public performance and broadcasting prohibited."

I think that is enough to prove the legality of the production. I'd also imagine in Germany they wouldn't be printing such things on an album if they didnt follow the correct protocols, otherwise they would be facing lawsuits left right and centre from America. No matter how much you sugar coat it, the stamped "boots" are illegal.....

Edited by foi
Social source share

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 23:37, micks2825 said:

where would you go to hear the track i posted peter ,and not all dj's played originals back in the day ,wheres your photo from on your profile

used to get all over chalky as we went to the same venues 

and yes tatoodave been to the 100 club quite a few times years ago but not recent still think springfield hotel is up there at the top for me for quality

You should try it again, you might hear stuff you've never heard before in abundance.  Oh yeah, one more thing, tattoo has three t's, I correct you because it's my living, and if I was to spell something wrong on someone's arm, leg, neck, arse etc. there'd be hell to pay.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!