Shalamar - Take That To The Bank

Guest vinylvixen

• Replies 8
  • Views 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's Gerald Brown who was with the group only briefly in 1978 (left in January 1979 before the big hit "Second Time Around" and the disco hit "Right in the Socket"). Although I love Howard Hewett, I like Gerald's stronger and soulful voice. Looks like he had a better hairline too ! :) Unfortunately, he seems to have disappeared after his short stint in "Shalamar."

this was in one of the replies on youtube

Edited by johnm
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

That's Gerald Brown who was with the group only briefly in 1978 (left in January 1979 before the big hit "Second Time Around" and the disco hit "Right in the Socket"). Although I love Howard Hewett, I like Gerald's stronger and soulful voice. Looks like he had a better hairline too !
:)
Unfortunately, he seems to have disappeared after his short stint in "Shalamar."

this was in one of the replies on youtube

John, I agree with you....or whoever posted the reply. Gerald voice was very soulful - although nothing against Howard but....
:lol:
Jo

Social source share

Always loved this tune, just superb!

Now if they played this sort of stuff in the Modern Rooms i'd venture in!

Simon :thumbsup:

Edited by Simon
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Always loved this tune, just superb!

Now if they played this sort of stuff in the Modern Rooms i'd venture in!

Simon
:thumbsup:

Simon, get me to dj in the modern room of your choice and i'll play you this
I think it's smashing
Jo

Social source share

Simon, get me to dj in the modern room of your choice and i'll play you this
I think it's smashing
Jo

Nice one Jo, would go very well alongside 'You gave me love' Crown Heights Affair & 'Tell me what you want' Jimmy Ruffin!

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Nice one Jo, would go very well alongside 'You gave me love' Crown Heights Affair & 'Tell me what you want' Jimmy Ruffin!

Simon

Simon, cross my palms with French Fondant Fancies and I'd do you a disco slot to make you weep
Jo

Social source share

Simon, cross my palms with French Fondant Fancies and I'd do you a disco slot to make you weep :thumbsup: Jo

I'm sure you could Jo, funnily enough me & my mate Chris usually do a couple of Christmas dos, got the Brighton & Hove council one coming up soon & always play plenty of this stuff alongside faves like Barry White's 'You see the trouble with me' & Chic's 'My feet keep dancing', luurve all that sorta stuff!

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I'm sure you could Jo, funnily enough me & my mate Chris usually do a couple of Christmas dos, got the Brighton & Hove council one coming up soon & always play plenty of this stuff alongside faves like Barry White's 'You see the trouble with me' & Chic's 'My feet keep dancing', luurve all that sorta stuff!

Simon :D

Oh top hole....Simon, i see you in a completely new light :D Jo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert