Little Richard...rare Unseen Footage

Guest vinylvixen

• Replies 3
  • Views 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ta Jo (had seen in actually). I wish Richard would seriously get back in the studio and make some records.

I should get all the Richard stuff i have transferred to DVD..like the bit on 'Good Morning' TV when he says (with an incredulous look on his face) that John Lennon and Yoko Ono have a Japanese baby and he tells them 'Give it plenty of rice, darlin!'

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Ta Jo (had seen in actually). I wish Richard would seriously get back in the studio and make some records.

I should get all the Richard stuff i have transferred to DVD..like the bit on 'Good Morning' TV when he says (with an incredulous look on his face) that John Lennon and Yoko Ono have a Japanese baby and he tells them 'Give it plenty of rice, darlin!'

Simon, I was really surprised that there wasn't more of Little Richard on YouTube...the Lucille clip was so lowres that I didn't posting it...I want 'The Girl Can't Help it' just to see him sing....'when she walks by, beef steak become well done'....and the mighty Upsetters too...wow, they played a mean sax :lol: It would be great if you could share a few 'Richard' moments.... :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

You're right Jo, there is very little to be found. Haven't looked recently, but In the past I found a great performance from a late 60's/early70's US TV show I'd never seen before and a few clips from a kind of recent 'XFactor' type thing but it's just Richard playing up to the cameras again, a role he obviously enjoys and one America has always been happy to see him in, whereas Europe worships the man and his music. Maybe there are copyright issues with other stuff. I don't really understand how 'You Tube' works in that sense.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert