Rare soul sales

Liljimmycrank

Thanks for all who've bought over the last 6 days. Here's a consolidated list of those unsold, with a few reductions.

JUST US - WE'VE GOT A GOOD THING GOING / HOW I LOVE YOU
VINCENT, EX, £1450.......Now £1400
Super RARE!! From the fantastic Vincent stable comes this two sider of epic proportion. I've flicked between either side as my favourite over the years and can't settle. It's hard to believe that the soul outings from the label were restricted to just a few when the output is as good as this. Best thing to come out of Illinois!
Will consider split payments if it helps.

NORWOOD LONG - I'D LIKE TO HAVE YOU
GROOVEY GROOVES, VG+, £330
Probably closer graded to ex but a couple of marks not affecting play are visible. Plays great, and what a sound! Instantly recognise able from into before Norwood's vocal take over.

CHARLES SIMMONS - SAVE THE WORLD / YOU'VE GOT IT ALL
HITSOUND, EX, £375......Now £340
Championed by the likes of Dave Thorley, and othets acrodd the continent since it's discovery some years ago, this funk soul powerhouse still has plenty of legs and does the business for the dance floor. Nice crossover flip too.

A GOOD BLUES BAND - DISCO BLUES
LAUDERDALE, VG+, £70......Now £55
Don't be fooled by the band name or the song title, this is one cool funky little ditty. Getting some serious airtime by the clubs like Soul Funktion and Different Strokes, this has got miles to go yet and very catchy indeed.

PETER PREWITT - U.A.
PRIVATE PRESS, EX, £325.......Now £300
Being honest, I don't know much about the back story to this, but what I do know is its dance floor dynamite. Pretty rare as you'd expect from a private press. Looks to have a slight dish that doesn't affect play. If you don't know it, I'd urge you to listen to the reference clip.

ALISON AND CALVIN TURNER - WHAT IS THIS
LULU, VG+, £150
Another floor filler from this duo. Slightly funky with killer breaks, guessing mid 70's. Unknown to many I think, and perhaps under exposed but primes for the right guys to being it forward.

DOLLY GILMORE - SWEET SWEET BABY / DON'T YOU KNOW YOU'RE THE YES
DOVE, VG++, £575
Immense double sided sister soul. one for the dance floor as well as the crossover type venue, chased by many facets of soul/Funk collectors. Plays lovely and clean

Postage:
UK - £7.50 special delivery
EU - £10 tracked and signed, additional Insurance above value £270 available
ROW - £12 tracked and signed, additional Insurance above value £270 available

* I will be willing to hold records for up to 7 Days if neesed with a non-refundable deposit.

* For top end items I might be willing to split payments over a couple of months

* All clips are for reference only, as I'm unable to record clips currently.

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!