Detroit Gem

One spectacular Detroit double sider up for grabs, a scorcher just like the weather

Please message any questions

Jimmy Mack – My world is on fire / Go on – Palmer 5019 Promo M-

Still the source of much discussion, was he from Chicago or Los Angeles? Just 2 soulful cities that boast a Jimmy Mack that can be linked to this mysterious figure. Jimmy McMillan who recorded “A woman is hard to understand” on Hamster circa 75, and James McEachin, an actor who lived and worked in Los Angeles for his whole career, owning Mack IV and producing the Fury’s. Neither stack up.

Me, I just want to believe there’s some simple connection to the Motor City’s Martha Reeves and the Vandellas imploring Gordy label dancer, but then I’ve heard the tracks origins reach out to a writer drafted to Vietnam, who knows, maybe its one and the same, a solo artist with one solitary outing, never to have returned home after active service.

All the hallmarks of quality, 2 top sides, one out and out Northern, the other hardly played mid-tempo crossover, a renowned label in Palmer owned by Palmer James of course and credits to Mike Valvano and Mike Terry. This is a super clean glossy 45, with just 3 superficial lines on “World” side but no effect on play. Labels clean, but an odd differing in shades of red!

A quick turnaround on this one, so opportunities to make an offer will close Thursday 5th July at 9pm. Minimum considered is £1400.

Fully insured next day delivery included, always well wrapped and labelled.

PayPal by gift or add 4% please, bank transfer on request.

Cheers, Lee
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!