Christmas Eve Soul Selections - Chilling Round The Christmas Tree

You can tell i'm bored.....lol mad dash to Marks And Spencer's that was fun...lol, presents wrapped, Turkey and Ham cooking, veg all prepared so popped upstairs for a little Soul before i'm back on cooking duty.....ten soul selections that went down rather well with a large glass of Eggnog.

The Festivals - Music - Smash DJ - Beautiful little record, got this last night from Mr Shard, well i had to have it at £8.00......Awesome tuneage. Sits well with their other great record on Smash 'Makings Of A Lover' and the very indemand 'Hey Girl' B/W 'Checkin' Out' on Blue Rock.

Darrow Fletcher - What Good Am I Without You - Jacklyn 1006 - Made three records on this logo, all good, all played back to back here, again first class tuneage.

Darrow Fletcher - What Have I Got Now - Jacklyn 1002 - Fantastic tune with an awesome down tempo flip 'Sitting There At Night'...simply stunning.

Darrow Fletcher - Infatuation - Jacklyn 1003 - This is one of his best records IMO, just so good.

The Original Cadillacs - I'll Never Let You Go - Josie - Street corner to soul in one fail swoop, great vocal group 45.

The Liberty Belles - Shing -A-Ling Time - Shout DJ - Also came out on UK Jay Boy, well due for some turntable action once again. Thumps along at that perfect dance floor pace, proper Northern Soul!

The Caesars - (Lala) I Love You - Lanie - Tunnnnnnnnnnnnnnne! and a killer down tempo flip 'Get Yourself Together' that simply takes me to another place and it ain't Coventry...lol Fantastic double header.

The Chimes - The Beginning Of My Life - Down To Earth - From Chicago this crosses over so nicely, won't break the bank at £15.00 to £20.00 at the moment but i can see this going mental when a few more people get the bug for this one......brilliant record.

Glenn Watts - My Little Plaything - Bunky - Pretty much all of the above on 'The Chimes' comments, if ever there was a perfect down tempo tune that also crosses over well then this is it, £20.00 on JM'S site, a must have 45.

Anthony And The Imperials - It's Not The Same - Veep - It's so nice when Mr Shard visits our house with a small sales box, pulled this out by far the best record he made out of Rod's box and paid the man...well i'm gonna pay him soon...lol

This record has it all infact if this dog has nuts then they are huge.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest andyrattigan

Hi Mark attended my first UK allnighter at an allnighter you either DJed at or organised in back in 1992 0r 93 I think. I travelled all the way from the west of Ireland and was probably the youngest person there at only 19.

I bought tons of tunes and had a ball. What a night and everyone was so friendly. Couldnt have had a better intro to the UK scene.

Have just been listening to:

Johnnie Taylor- What About My Love.

Margie Joseph- I cant move no mountains

Rex Garvin- I gotta go now.

merry xmas.

Social source share

Hi Mark attended my first UK allnighter at an allnighter you either DJed at or organised in back in 1992 0r 93 I think. I travelled all the way from the west of Ireland and was probably the youngest person there at only 19.

I bought tons of tunes and had a ball. What a night and everyone was so friendly. Couldnt have had a better intro to the UK scene.

Have just been listening to:

Johnnie Taylor- What About My Love.

Margie Joseph- I cant move no mountains

Rex Garvin- I gotta go now.

Hi Andy, that must have been The Concorde Suite, Droylsden near Manchester, sounds about right with th date and all....happy times.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

merry xmas.

Social source share